1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
  1. Whitigir
    Amp9 carries analog signature, warmer, but with tastefully tuned thickness of timbres and it density :), very enjoyable. Except it is 1/3 the power of Amp8

Dobrescu George likes this.
  2. Pictograms
    Ohh that sounds very awesome!
    So you think the power is lower than AMP5?

3. Whitigir
    That I do not know , I never had Amp5 =/.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  4. vovanopulo
    Ordered AMP9 with my local dealer and while it's on its way I'm being really surprised how detailed is the great 3D scene of this little thing :darthsmile:
    20190626_183747.jpg

5. singleended5863
    I have just updated my DX200TI to Oreo 8.1-v1.06 by using Factory tool and got trapped in the loop too. It showed DX200 Reference Dap then stayed at DX200 for a very long... Then I tried with other tool I followed in readme.text and kept failing?
    If I do go back to previous 6.1 not the Oreo one does the new update FW for amp9 work?

6. Pictograms
    Too bad, I will have to compare when I get Amp9 then :beerchug:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Whitigir likes this.
  7. highfell
    Sounds like a dream (or my kind of dream - since I have tubes in by stereo system.)

As regards power, how would it compare to Amp 1

8. Gayron
    Should we update to the new FW if we don't use Amp9?

9. Whitigir
    Yes, I dont see why not ?

I would love to see Ibasso to release a product that is competing against KaNN CuBE!!!! Or just release an amp module with 2 Korg Tubes and it own battery and make the size of the Dx200 Bigger!!!!!! It will be a winner. I hope @Paul - iBasso is reading :wink:

10. fuhransahis
    Same here, just release a second set of amps meant for desktop use - can even have full tube options. Nice to dream :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Whitigir likes this.
  11. dafos58
    @lurker, will there be a Lurker's add-on for fw 1.07?

12. Lurker0
    I need to run some tests. Most probably I'll publish it tomorrow morning (Moscow time).

13. Retropsych
    I'm not sure but I just went back to the original Orea firmware (which was a large file and a major update). Once I knew that was successfully installed by rebooting thunkt several times, I applied the latest firmware with the microsd card method.

After that, I applied the Lurker add on (with the correct tool this time. I've got multiple tools and firmware versions backup up on my PC) . I think this was what caused my problems.

14. DaYooper
    I would remove those old update files and be sure they are never tried again. New updates come with proper tools and instructions, I always just use a cleanly formatted 2gb card to do them or OTA for the 220.

15. singleended5863
    It is complicated. I have done anything with DX200TI once I have decided to update and got stuck several times. :frowning2: