1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
  1. twister6 Contributor
    you need 2x Korg NuTubes to make it balanced, while there is no room inside of an amp module to accommodate that.

Dobrescu George and audio123 like this.
  2. Gayron
    Guys, any impressions on AMP9 vs AMP8? Thanks!

3. singleended5863
    I have not listened to amp9 yet but I believe most headfiers love the tubey sound of DX220/ amp9. TBH I am waiting for this combo such a long time ago. :wink:

audio123 likes this.
  4. Retropsych
    I updated my firmware to V1.07. I then went to install Lurker's add on with the Rockscip tool (a process that I have done several times before) and the Rockchip tool upgrade process is caught in a loop. It indicates it is downloading and then checking the firmware (it gets to 100% in each step and I get the Green Sucess button, but it keeps on going in a loop.

I am unable to start the DX200 at all and apart from a RockUSB device being visible when it is connected on my Windows PC, it shows no sign of life.

I've disconnected the cable and/or hit Stop on the factory tool as soon as it reaches 100% checking, but to no available. Have I bricked it?

5. Pictograms
    If the DX200 is visible on RockUSB then maybe you should try re-installing firmware 1.06 with the factory tool.
    I am not an expert but I don’t think you bricked it since it’s still visible to a USB tool

6. fuhransahis
    No room on *this size* of amp module :L3000:

Certainly hope they consider making larger amp modules for desktop use, making the DX150/200/220 systems that're both transportable and fully portable, and put the KANN Cube in its place :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  7. Retropsych
    I was about to do that but you beat me to it.

I have just installed it. The unit turns on but it only gets to the "DX200" + "Reference DAP" screen and then turns off and repeats that in an endless loop.

8. Lurker0
    Where did you get Lurker's add-on for firmware 1.07? :astonished:

9. Pictograms
    The screen loop is actually promising! When I updated my DX200 to Oreo I had to install 2 times because the first time it was looping the reference dap screen.
    So at least your unit is definitely not bricked.

10. Retropsych
    I meant to type v2.10.215

I have managed to get to Android Recovery and I've done a Wipe data/factory reset. But when I power off and then turn the power on I'm still back on that power on loop...

11. Lurker0
    To return back to Android 6? Then you should have used full firmware image, per its description... Did you?

12. Retropsych
    Yes, I used the following file: DX200FirmwareV2.10.215-L0.img

13. Lurker0
    No, this is not the required file. Please read around with attention.

14. Retropsych
    Yes, I just realised I should have used the DX200-A8.1-L1.17.zip file, which is a smaller add on file.

I was confused as you have both add on files and modified firmware.

But even so, I would have though installing modified firmware over the standard firmware would not have caused problems.

In any case I have "successfully" downgraded/installed the older 1.06 standard firmware but am caught in a loop when turning on.

EDIT: after some repetition/trial and error am on latest firmware and Lurker Add on :)

15. Lurker0
    It is so true, but only if you have completely read and follow instructions.
    Here might be the proof... but add-on 1.17 is not compatible with the latest (1.07.082) firmware. It may work, but e.g. don't expect compatibility with AMP9.