1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
  1. majo123
    OK I'm actually doing it as I type and it is very easy I will post pics and screw placement once done ok

2. majo123
    OK it's very simple infact so simple I feel most could do this . firstly screw placement.
    Take off your amp module. IMG_20190602_160229.jpg

Next take off the black bar holding the buttons and the volume wheel with a small hex key.. The power button will fall out but don't worry it's a floating bit of plastic and easily put back.. The rest will stay intact and a very simple process.
    IMG_20190602_160701.jpg
    Once you have removed the amp module and black bar there are 5 more screws to take out 2 that sit under the amp module IMG_20190602_153404.jpg

2 that sit under the black volume bar of which one is hiding under a sticker to the left if the screen is face up and the other next to the volume wheel.
    IMG_20190602_161254.jpg
    The last one is sitting next to where the power button would lie IMG_20190602_161048.jpg

Once you have removed then gently unclip the back there is a clip on one side to hold but it's easily distinguishable as obviously it won't lift and be careful as both battery and antenna are attached to the back, but it is honestly not as daunting as it sounds then gently with a flat ended screw driver prize off the battery from the back plate as it is stuck with double sided tape.
    You will end up in this position.
    IMG_20190602_154228.jpg
    Then gently again with a flat headed screw driver lever the battery plug out of socket do not pull wires. IMG_20190602_154233.jpg

Then it's a simple case of plugging new battery in attaching double sided tape and sticking back to the back plate the recess shape is the same as the battery shape so again pretty fool proof to put in the right position.
    Once done you can put the back back on but make sure you are not trapping any wires.
    Then just reassemble as above and done
    IMG_20190602_163058.jpg

It took me twice as long to write this as to do it... Hope this helps anyone.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  3. Sunstealer
    Thank you. Did you have to get the replacement battery from ibasso or is there an alternative?

4. majo123
    I bought from Ibasso direct 25 dollars and you pay through PayPal service@ibasso.com

Gordhifi likes this.
  5. Gordhifi
    Good stuff. Thanks.

6. KEV G
    DaYooper, Whitigir and majo123 like this.
  7. Whitigir
    Dude, grab your Type R, civic or NSX...doesn’t matter :). Yes, DX200Ti is an awesome DAP, especially for anyone who love references and details freaks

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  8. KEV G
    Sad to see it go but more than happy to jump back on the Fireblade :ksc75smile:

Whitigir likes this.
  9. Whitigir
    Ofcourse, that exhaust tones are also music....a different kind of music and more expensive :). I hope you did also give it some Titanium ? Hehehe

10. KEV G
    The exhaust sings best at 11,500rpm, hitting 180mph:L3000:

HungryPanda, DaYooper and Whitigir like this.
  11. singleended5863
    I think I am going to sell my DX200TI too. It is time to upgrade again. :wink:

12. rutter
    How well does amp8 drive Sennheiser HD820? Any recommendations for a USB C cable? I think I'm hearing pops in USB dac mode due to the stock cable, which is great.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  13. duyanh43
    I'm going to pick up a used DX200 for my endgame dap. Anyone recommend the charger for this? Which current, voltage that work best with DX200 because my friend's DX200's battery once dead because he was charging the device with iPad charger overnight. Im plan to use my iPhone charger which is 5V/1A iirc.

14. singleended5863
    I also charge my DX200TI before and now DX220 every time with the iPad charger without problems.

15. duyanh43
    DX220 have QC3.0 so the battery can handle large current. But DX200 didn't have quick charge feature if im not wrong... My friend said he once charged the DX200 with 2A charger overnight and the battery went dead :frowning2: