DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 17, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #20,746 of 22,021
That's what was happening to me. I'd fully charge it, then after 3 tracks or so it would just shut down. Turn it back on and battery meter showed being near full. If I fully charged it and played it while keeping it charging, it wouldn't shut down.

Replaced the battery for $15 plus shipping and all is well in the world again.
So I FactoryTooled it restored it back to 2.1.94 & so far it's been able to play an entire album and a half in pure Mango mode without shutdown. I'm gonna try it on Android mode next, still on 2.1.94 before OTAing it to the latest and see if it's fixed the problem.

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #20,747 of 22,021
Ok, I´ve solved the problem by installing the rockchip adb driver, located in the folder\; 1.DriverAssitant_v4.5 provided with the Ibasso DX200FW-8.1-V1.01.006 download.

Hi guys,
I have just updated my DAP to the latest Ibasso official firmware version available (1.05.036), but when I try to apply Lurker´s latest add-on(1.16) the Android Tool shows "Found one ADB device" instead of "Found one loader device".

I follow all the steps:
1. Start AndroidTool.
2. Turn DX200 off.
3. Press and hold Play button.
4. Connect DX200 to PC USB port.

But there´s no way to enter the loader mode. I succesfully updated my DAP to the previous Ibasso firmware version and Lurker´s 1.13 add-on, but I don´t know why I cannot apply now the latest Lurker´s version.

I´ve tried three different USB C cables just to be sure the cable is not the problem, so there must be something else I am missing.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #20,753 of 22,021
DX220 is coming in April. Buying DX200 now and DX220 again two months later wouldn't make sense, right ?

PS: I don't have unlimited money.

I know that there is unlimited finance and this hobby is really expensive if you keep addicted to it. But if you get a chance to mod DX200 to become DX200EX you’ll be happy camper and there will be a chance to compare between them two. :slight_smile:

Feb 17, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #20,754 of 22,021
DX220 is coming in April. Buying DX200 now and DX220 again two months later wouldn't make sense, right ?

PS: I don't have unlimited money.

Yes, if we have to be serious :). That said we don't know much about the DX220 at this stage. You could also consider the DX150. Just remember, no matter which one you buy, sooner or later you will buy another amp module!

Feb 17, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #20,755 of 22,021
AMP modules are a genius marketing strategy by iBasso !

They are another rabbit hole at their own. After purchasing an iBasso DAP, they force you to spend addiotional money: Let's try AMP4, hmm I liked it so let's also try AMP8..."

( I said "force" , of course they don't hold a gun towards our head but physiology of a an audiophile is very well tricked to make them spend more )

Their margin must be high too, a $200 module probably costs less than $50 for them. I am pretty sure their profit from amp modules are as high as their profit from the actual DAP.

Feb 17, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #20,756 of 22,021
AMP modules are a genius marketing strategy by iBasso !

They are another rabbit hole at their own. After purchasing an iBasso DAP, they force you to spend addiotional money: Let's try AMP4, hmm I liked it so let's also try AMP8..."

( I said "force" , of course they don't hold a gun towards our head but physiology of a an audiophile is very well tricked to make them spend more )

Their margin must be high too, a $200 module probably costs less than $50 for them. I am pretty sure their profit from amp modules are as high as their profit from the actual DAP.

You could also look at it the other way around!

Let's take the DX150. It's in my opinion a very good dap for "only" 500 usd. But eventually you will buy an amp module on top of it, so the real price is 700 USD. It's still a very good price for a high quality dap and not more expensive than other similar daps. And you can tweak the sound with these different amp modules.

You just have to be aware that sooner or later you will buy another amp module.

Feb 17, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #20,757 of 22,021
1/ normal, if you are worried, you can buy a heatsink with fins and put it on. Many of us use it and it is good. If you use it for DSD512, then it gets even hotter, but that is just fine, once again, proper cooling is needed. Take it out of the pouch cover, put it on metal surface or a heatsink.

2/ yes, buy silver dragon from moon audio. Everything can affect your sound quality

1. Oh gotcha. That's super interesting. How come normal portable usage doesn't generate as much heat but USB DAC mode does? I think the heat is not too crazy, I just take it out of it's case and I'm also planning on buying a small fan. Heat sink with fins also sounds good, any recommendations on that?

2. I was praying you would say USB cables don't matter but happy to learn that the sound quality can still get better after this. Plus it's not too expensive. Thanks!!

Having trouble playing whole albums in Mango mode (latest FW with lurker addon). Anyone else have this problem? My workaround is to add to a new playlist but since playlists don't have names, it gets difficult to keep track of which playlist is which after some time.

Feb 17, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #20,758 of 22,021
I'd love to see how a USB cable affects sound quality?

USB = digital data. Other than shielding, thicker gauge wiring, cable reliefs, braiding, etc for durability there is no need for super expensive USB cables (in a double blind test you wouldn't be able to tell the difference).

Feb 17, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #20,759 of 22,021
Not sure if this is the right thread but I am struggling with my iBasso DX200 and MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed. I bought these together wanting this to me my 'end game gear'....for now :wink: And while they do sound great together most of times the combination also lacks engagement sometimes. There are 2 main reasons for this it seems to me:
1. some recordings and genres just don't seem to work well
2. the bass is generally not very strong

I like thick bass and listen to a lot us electronic music and rock. I know the DX200 is considered 'reference' and the Aeon is not a bass heavy headphone I keep thinking I am missing something. Some tracks sound better on my old B&W P7. The Aeon shines with treble and in the highs and mids.

In any case it is not the perfect fit for me and I am considering changing the Aeon's for something different. And it's not just the sounds but also the bulky cable is a bit annoying. I have heard good things from Campfire Audio so that is top of mind now. Before I bought the DX200 I listened to the Aeon's on a A&K Kann. That sounded awesome but I really wanted Spotify so ended up getting the DX200 without being able to listen beforehand.

What are your thoughts? Is this a bad match? What should I change? Will one of the other DX200 amps make a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back