DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 16, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #17,356 of 22,021
Sep 16, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #17,357 of 22,021
Hey if you like velvet sound signature go for dx150 :gs1000smile:

Dx150 has couple improvements over dx200. Thought it has no more poping oscillators.

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #17,358 of 22,021
Hey if you like velvet sound signature go for dx150 :gs1000smile:

Dx150 has couple improvements over dx200. Thought it has no more poping oscillators.

Oscilliators don’t pop, it is the Transistor that switch by the commands given from the processors unit to change from one type of oscilliators to another. When it happened, it makes a switching noise. It is possible to reduce this switching noises by “mute on” function. That means prior to switching, another circuitry had to be involved to mute-on, and so when the switching happen, you hear no sound. But then, this “mute on” circuitry, depends on it design, will negatively affecting your sound performances. Even wm1Z from Sony has this Pops, but instead of doing it by the Transistor, which can yet add another negative affects to the sound performances, WM1Z chose to use mechanical Relays. Therefore, instead of a pop, you can hear through your headphones/iems, you hear it physically Click/Clack when it happens

Dx150 can be put simply as “improved upon this Dx200 Issue”. However, the Dx200 switching by this is by Engineering and by designs. Why ? Because “mute-on” negatively affect the sound, and Dx200 is all about “high-end performances”. You will have to compromise one for another. You may hear pop switches, but in the end, you don’t compromise sound quality.

Does Sp1000 also pop ?

Anyways, that was facts and science

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #17,359 of 22,021
Oscilliators don’t pop, it is the Transistor that switch by the commands given from the processors unit to change from one type of oscilliators to another. When it happened, it makes a switching noise. It is possible to reduce this switching noises by “mute on” function. That means prior to switching, another circuitry had to be involved to mute-on, and so when the switching happen, you hear no sound. But then, this “mute on” circuitry, depends on it design, will negatively affecting your sound performances. Even wm1Z from Sony has this Pops, but instead of doing it by the Transistor, which can yet add another negative affects to the sound performances, WM1Z chose to use mechanical Relays. Therefore, instead of a pop, you can hear through your headphones/iems, you hear it physically Click/Clack when it happens

Dx150 can be put simply as “improved upon this Dx200 Issue”. However, the Dx200 switching by this is by Engineering and by designs. Why ? Because “mute-on” negatively affect the sound, and Dx200 is all about “high-end performances”. You will have to compromise one for another. You may hear pop switches, but in the end, you don’t compromise sound quality.

Does Sp1000 also pop ?

Anyways, that was facts and science
Interesting. I don’t believe the SP1000 pops. My Shanling M3s has a clicking noise - now I know what that is.

Thanks, Whit, as always.

:dt880smile:

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #17,363 of 22,021
Well I'm back to loving this player .. Had issues getting music onto the card , seemed to like a few albums on then wipe stuff off . Bought a SanDisk 200gb and it seems to like most music files. Moral of this story for me is don't waste money on a lot of cheap cards and buy quality ones, now I'm onto the dsd256 convertions

Sep 17, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #17,364 of 22,021
inspired by @ngd3 i made this:
10171029.jpg

peli case 1060. Perfect to transport dx200 to work by bicycle in my backpack :D

Attachments

• DSC_0045.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #17,365 of 22,021
***The negativities of Amp8 is that it has the warmth that lingering on to the low and lower mid spectrum. Especially sub-bass, it is strongly presenting, but is not coherent to the rest of the bass lines and it performances. In my opinion, it throws the bass and sub-bass off balances. Also, the warmth mentioned did not allow the airy layering and presentations of the mid spectrum, especially vocal and it vibratos. The vocal and mid spectrum were awesome on Amp4 and Amp4s, but it was negated away too much on Amp8***
When I tried newer firmwares, I also experienced the rather strong bass presentation and overall narrower presentation, that's why I have kept using "Airy" 2.8.198 L0 with Amp8, I am happy with the resulting sound presentation, well this is the least I can do myself as a non-DIYer.. :darthsmile::darthsmile:

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #17,366 of 22,021
Hmmm so tonight is a first for me but I have read it happens... battery charged at 100%, turned DX200 off, swapped AMP1Ti for AMP8... unable to turn it on. Plugged it, says battery low can power up... re-swapped for AMP1Ti, same thing :frowning2:

Do I need to do a full reset?

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #17,367 of 22,021
Hmmm so tonight is a first for me but I have read it happens... battery charged at 100%, turned DX200 off, swapped AMP1Ti for AMP8... unable to turn it on. Plugged it, says battery low can power up... re-swapped for AMP1Ti, same thing :frowning2:

Are you using AMP8 on the Ti or AMP1? Have you used AMP8 before, if you are now using it?

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #17,368 of 22,021

Sound like a short from Amp8. Send into Ibasso to check out. In the mean time, reset and try again. If it happens again, then it definitely is Amp8 causing it

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #17,369 of 22,021
Are you using AMP8 on the Ti or AMP1? Have you used AMP8 before, if you are now using it?

Yeah I use AMP8 on the Ti and I have countless hours on this combo :)
This time I had been using AMP1Ti before swapping.

Sound like a short from Amp8. Send into Ibasso to check out. In the mean time, reset and try again. If it happens again, then it definitely is Amp8 causing it

It's charging right now, just as if it had been 0% and not 100...

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #17,370 of 22,021
Yeah I use AMP8 on the Ti and I have countless hours on this combo :)
This time I had been using AMP1Ti before swapping.

It's charging right now, just as if it had been 0% and not 100...
I would reseat the AMP8 while the DX200 is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back