DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 20, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #13,547 of 22,021
Hi guys, has anyone tried the FitEar2Go's with the DX200? I'm curious...

May 20, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #13,548 of 22,021
What tastes, what type, what price... Lots of questions...

I'd recommend IE800, Dita Truth, IMR R1, ClearTune VS-4, HIFIMAN RE2000, Beyerdynamic Xelento and Dunu Falcon-C

Does this help? :)
Definitely does! I'm a newbie in HiFi and my tastes are not finally formed enough, so I'm asking what people like the most to try. Currently I'm looking for a clear detailed bodied sound with wide stage and a bit of air. AFAICS, DX200 gives the stage, detalization and air, so from ears (preferably CIEMs, but universals may worth the sound) I expect little bit of warmth. Price - up to the top, if it worth, so no limits here. In the store I can audition DX200 I can have only Xelento and Falcon-C. I heard good feedback about 64audio and Campfire Audio.

May 20, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #13,549 of 22,021
Definitely does! I'm a newbie in HiFi and my tastes are not finally formed enough, so I'm asking what people like the most to try. Currently I'm looking for a clear detailed bodied sound with wide stage and a bit of air. AFAICS, DX200 gives the stage, detalization and air, so from ears (preferably CIEMs, but universals may worth the sound) I expect little bit of warmth. Price - up to the top, if it worth, so no limits here. In the store I can audition DX200 I can have only Xelento and Falcon-C. I heard good feedback about 64audio and Campfire Audio.
What kind of music do you listen to mostly?

May 20, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #13,550 of 22,021

If you take Xelento and Faclon-C, they are quite complementary, would give a good insight on what everything is :)

I wrote a little about each :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/04/Dunu-Falcon-C-Clear-Vivid-Personal.html

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/11/Xelento-Elegance-Enthusiasm-Euphoria.html

May 20, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #13,551 of 22,021

Well, if you'd like to start off more cheaply, I personally listen to the DX200 with iBasso's own IT03 hybrid IEM's ($269). I think they have huge soundstage, excellent layering, separation and clarity. Detailed, but still with some warmth and musicality.
The Empire Ears Bravado has been garnering a lot of praise and sounds like it could fit your requirements.
I haven't yet heard the IMR R1, but that could be an especially good start too, because it has, by all accounts, all the sound qualities you're looking for.
However, importantly, it's also customisable in that it has 5 screw-in filters. You can choose whichever one you want, swap them over (takes a few seconds) with different genres etc.
I recommend this because figuring out what sound signature you like best personally is a huge part of the audiophile journey, and this one IEM gives you the options to start doing that without buying several different ones :)
Myself, the conclusion I've come to is that I like one kind of sound signature for most kinds of music, and a warmer, more organic and bass-heavy signature for rock :)

May 20, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #13,554 of 22,021
May 20, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #13,555 of 22,021
I have an AMP4s for sale! https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-ibasso-dx200-amp4s.880178/
Figured I'd give you guys first dibs :)

$275....

images (6).jpeg

May 20, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #13,556 of 22,021
I had to shell out over $40 in shipping from China for the unit and adapters so I'd like to make some of that back :)

May 20, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #13,557 of 22,021
May 20, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #13,558 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back