DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 8, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #10,381 of 22,021
Over mojo, dude, any day. Mojo has a puny little soundstage, round and congested. Great details and musicality but not in the same league as the dx200. Got my dx200 this Tuesday, hasn't left my ears ever since. Lovely thing, running amp3 and jh audio laylas here.

Thinking about that amp4 though. The only problem I see with the dx200 is soundstage depth, which could be better. Any amp4 users here -- maybe that gives more height and depth? Would of course have to get a 4.4 balanced cable too... oh, this infernal hobby! :D

I prefer DX200, X7mkii and Opus #2 over Mojo to be honest. I can't find any real reason to combine a high end DAP with Mojo...

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #10,382 of 22,021
I didn't do a Factory Reset before nor after updating to latest Lurker0's firmware... is it necessary?
No. The firmware update is designed to keep user data and installed apps.

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #10,384 of 22,021
Can also get the 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter from iBasso

Oh my! That retains balanced? Suped duper, where is it for sale, however? Can't find it on their site...

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #10,385 of 22,021
So I got the dx200. But I cannot figure out how to get tidal to install. I go to explorer and internal storage and bring up the apk. But it says there is a problem parsing?

I'm not sure how to help. Maybe @Lurker0 can give some advice, it should work fairly well with his variation of the original firmware.

Oh my! That retains balanced? Suped duper, where is it for sale, however? Can't find it on their site...

Yep, it keeps balanced on!

Not sure where to find it for sale, it should appear on iBasso's site soon.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #10,387 of 22,021
After installing Lurker0's firmware, it resolves some of the issue I had with DX200, like the gibberish name and tracks from the same album broken into single track album in Andriod.
Thankyou.

I have not personally try Neutron player, is the SQ and gui performance better than HibyMusic? How does the SQ compared to native mango player in Andriod?.
I have been using the mango player in mango OS asit sounds better compared to Andriod.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #10,388 of 22,021
I'm not sure how to help. Maybe @Lurker0 can give some advice, it should work fairly well with his variation of the original firmware.

Yep, it keeps balanced on!

Not sure where to find it for sale, it should appear on iBasso's site soon.

Check Amazon. I bought 2.5mm to 3.5mm and 2.5mm to 4.4 mm

It gave you less stress for your expensive cable connector to the DAP. I broke my cable 2.5mm connector when my DX200 in my Jean and sat down and bent the connector.
Waiting to send out cable to fix.
I wished I had bought the adapter cable earlier.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #10,389 of 22,021
They were bought out almost as soon as we made them available. We will have more this coming week. We took a long time to make sure that the signal was not degraded, as some connectors can do. At the same time our CA01 and CA02 retail for 15 USD.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 9, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #10,392 of 22,021
Hi I have a question for everybody, which dap is better between ibasso dx200, ak70mk2 and Kann?

Depends a lot on your tastes.

DX200 tends to be very precise and detailed.

I'd probably go with DX200 since you also have detachable and interchangeable AMP modules and it has the desktop version of one of the strongest DAC chips in existence. Also, DX200 can be used as a DAP, DAC, and transport, so it is quite future proof.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #10,394 of 22,021
I haven't had any real issues with the FW for the last few updates but the current one has given me zero problems and I like the sound a lot. Very open, dynamic and transparent.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #10,395 of 22,021
I haven't had any real issues with the FW for the last few updates but the current one has given me zero problems and I like the sound a lot. Very open, dynamic and transparent.

Actually, I was writing my review on DX200 these days, and honestly the one thing I really have to give them a thumbs up for is a flawless firmware. DX200 is really solid on that side, can use my mSD card that other DAPs struggle with (it was reformatted in each before the tests), and it just works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back