DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 11, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #18,796 of 22,021
The link is from my DIY Amp8 modifications here

You can also find the way how to disassemble the Dx200 main body from Alex blog as well

https://twister6.com/2016/09/09/amp8-diy-mod/

Direct link:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/810-IFM10M25BB300200

I cover the major IC and the Amp socket receptacles . The PCB is what it is. The amp socket need a layer of electric insulation tape such as Kapton tapes first, and layer this over top. I also keep the Kapton Tape the way it is and layer this on top for the better insulation, so all of the radiated magnetic and noises would be absorbed and recycled into thermal radiation instead of magnetic and radio energy. Also covered the back behind the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antenna, to avoid the leakage which improve the WiFi and Bluetooth signals while containing the hissing too

The concept is that every IC has electrical conductivity within itself and it will generate noises that radiate into the surrounding components. The wirings and the tracing on PCB can act as antenna to attract those radiated noises, which will infect the sound performances in a negative way.

These sheets have data sheet in there, just read it, and you will understand it better. Never the less, these sciences originated from audio enthusiasts, and this concept has been existed for so long. Eventhough I previously tried it with Copper tapes, I didn’t observe noticeable improvements, and so I shake it off. Until when I Modified Amp8 @chaiyuta is the one who brought these sheets with new technology into my mind. I went with it and the improvements were enough to deem it worth the works.

1/ It deflects, and absorb noises as there are Electro magnetic absorbent are layered on top of Metal layer

2/ heat wouldn’t be an issues, all of the modern technology has components working upto 150C range, eventhough it could be less efficient the hotter it goes, but DX200TI wouldn’t be cooking that hot. Trust me, My Mini Dynalo can have 102 Celsius on it transistors and still sound wonderful :).

The improvements are observable in a manner that all of the works is worth it.

The question came to my mind as of why Copper tape didn’t work as well, I guess it was because there was no magnetic absorbent, and recycling, which stored magnetic need a place to go, and so it just radiate outward or back inward, which still help some what, but majority of it won’t.

This is a lesson to never look down on us audio enthusiast, there are proven science and measurements from the data-sheet itself to show radiated magnetic field being drastically reduced and perceived performances of IC components all in there . Which made my point that I had been saying all along, Human Magic is their brain, creativity and senses (Buddha also said similar). Then science and tools and measurements come later. So if you listen to something because it measured good, you are doing it backward. Anyways, I trust my ears before all else :wink:
Thanks. We normally use quantum stickers from Telos, Brimar, Sixth Elements, ATH, Rosenkranz, etc. I guess it should be quite similar how it works. Your way should be more effective since you are covering more areas and it is much cheaper :)

I agree that copper sticker doesnt give much changes. Thank you for sharing. I learn something new :).

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #18,798 of 22,021
@Whitigir when will you work for iBasso? Bring us AMP100 super modified pleaseeeeeeee

I'm still waiting for a good amp station for the DX200, to amp my headphones :imp:

Lol, thanks for a good laugh. I am happy that I can bring helps to further enhance your listening enjoyments. I love Dx208Ti and SR1 for a portable carry around system

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #18,799 of 22,021
There's one thing I'd like to remind fellow modder. Be vary of "over-damp" effects. I only use damping technique on component that really need extra care about interference myself.

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #18,800 of 22,021
There's one thing I'd like to remind fellow modder. Be vary of "over-damp" effects. I only use damping technique on component that really need extra care about interference myself.

That is true.
I just did to my amp4s after swapping caps and MLCC cap and only applied the damping sheets onto the 2 big caps. The SQ is more cleared in top and bottom with refined bass that I have never heard with stock and modded amp4s.

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #18,801 of 22,021
Hi

Has just become a member here,but have been doing with High End Hifi since 1983.
Before 1983,it was more Japan products,..albeit good such .

Started my headphone trip 2 years ago,..and now has Bowers & Wilkins P9 headphones.
I have had various headphone-amplifiers,special ehternet-cables,switches etc,etc to my big music-system at home.

I've read quite a few pages in this thread,but it's on 1254 pages..so I thought it's easier to ask here instead .

I was going to buy DX200 and have some questions....
1 ◾B&W P9 has an impedance of 22 ohms,and a sensitivity of 111 db.
Which amp-module is best suited to these light-powered headphones.?

2 ◾This Below is from a review by DX200,..Does this mean that you can watch a YouTube video with DX200,..With both sound and image.?
--------------------------------------------------------"DX200 can play videos flawlessly,and you can view your favorite photos and images on it.
All typical Android usage scenarios are available on DX200, and it does all works flawlessly for its hardware.
OTG functions work very nice as well.”
--------------------------------------------------------
3 ◾You can stream Tidal on this DX200,how good will the soundquality be compared to ”stored,downloaded music”.?

4 ◾Fits amp1TI to DX200,..I have read here that many think it is very good.

5 ◾Some other tips that I should think of,as beginners with a DX200 DAP.

I am very grateful if I can get answers to these questions,..and also something that I forgot.
I am very knowledgeable in High End Hifi,also pushing a forum within this.

But this with DAP-players is completely new to me,a real beginner in other words.

Is by the way from Sweden.

/Peder29

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #18,802 of 22,021
Hi

Has just become a member here,but have been doing with High End Hifi since 1983.

Started my headphone trip 2 years ago,..and now has Bowers & Wilkins P9 headphones.
I have had various headphone-amplifiers,special ehternet-cables,switches etc,etc to my big music-system at home.

I've read quite a few pages in this thread,but it's on 1254 pages..so I thought it's easier to ask here instead .

2 ◾This Below is from a review by DX200,..Does this mean that you can watch a YouTube video with DX200,..With both sound and image.?
--------------------------------------------------------"DX200 can play videos flawlessly,and you can view your favorite photos and images on it.
All typical Android usage scenarios are available on DX200, and it does all works flawlessly for its hardware.
3 ◾You can stream Tidal on this DX200,how good will the soundquality be compared to ”stored,downloaded music”.?

I am very grateful if I can get answers to these questions,..and also something that I forgot.

But this with DAP-players is completely new to me,a real beginner in other words.

/Peder29

I also came from high-end system long time ago but mostly DIY tube amps.
Anyway amp4/4s are not available for sale at ibasso website but amp8. These are with balanced 4.4 outputs. Most head-fiers here are using amp8 I guess. Amp1TI is only available with DX200TI which was limited edition and sold out. However, if you are lucky you can get one in the sale thread.
There are some experts here who can answer your questions about Tidal and streaming musics.
Good luck on your journey with DX200.

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #18,803 of 22,021
Hi

/Peder29

I'm using Amp7 with my P9s and I am very very pleased with the setup.

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #18,804 of 22,021
◼ Singleended58,....Thanks for the reply,I also have Tube-amps.

Have a pair of Audion Silver Night 300B Single-End monoblock.
It is Mr.Erik Andersson who is the designer of these Audion-amps,I know him personally.
Erik was previously one of two owners of Audion in England,but now he has moved home to Sweden.

When it comes to "solid state" amps,it is active system from Linn and Naim that I have bet on.
Analogue source has always been Linn LP12.

◾Amp8 you say,..B&W P9 headphone is not balanced,so I do not know if it goes.
But maybe someone here can give some answer.

◾Amp1TI,..If now it is so good,why does IBasso not manufacture it to DX200.?

◼ Mattb0401,....Interesting what you write about amp7 and B&W P9.

As the DX200 comes with amp1,..you may have compared it to amp7.
If you have done so,..what did you think was the difference between these two amps,with B&W P9 headphone.?

Thanks for the answers,..fun to be here.
/Peder

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #18,806 of 22,021
really?? this heat total degraded lifetime all components to half or more lifetime! Generally, your components shouldn’t run at anything greater than 75°C/167°F.
Wouldn’t be an issue for how hot the DX200 is generating is what I meant....I really don’t want to spell out every A B C on each every post my friend. But it is good that you make it more clear for others

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #18,807 of 22,021
DX200 support only micro sd card with UHS-I, what is the best reading speed for micro sd card to purchase ? What is the minimum reading for the card that is require for DSD256 or DSD512 ?

Sandisk Extreme 128gb - Read: 160MB/s , Write 90MB/s
Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb - Read: 170MB/s , Write 90MB/s
Samsung Evo Plus 256gb - Read: 100MB/s, Write 90MB/s

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #18,808 of 22,021
DX200 support only micro sd card with UHS-I, what is the best reading speed for micro sd card to purchase ? What is the minimum reading for the card that is require for DSD256 or DSD512 ?

Sandisk Extreme 128gb - Read: 160MB/s , Write 90MB/s
Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb - Read: 170MB/s , Write 90MB/s
Samsung Evo Plus 256gb - Read: 100MB/s, Write 90MB/s
For DSD512, the bitrate is 45.152Mbps (8 times DSD64 bitrate 5.644Mbps which came from 2.822MHz x 1 bit x 2 channels).
And 45.152Mbps is 5.644MB/s only for 1MB/s = 8 Mbps.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #18,809 of 22,021
@Whitigir , guys
and in particular who had both dx200 and dx200TI:

I have the standard dx200 (amp1+amp3) I like it very much but I'm not completely satisfied about bass extension and punch. .
But keep in mind I usually use it with external amplifiers and this limit is partially removed (see my signature).

What I want to know is if it really worth the price difference between 200 and 200TI and if I can hear the difference even if I use them through with ext amplifiers.

thanks

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #18,810 of 22,021
Anyone tried DX200 with Andromeda? I already had a chance to pair my friend's Anromeda with Ifi Nano Blacklabel, but when i got DX200, he sold his Andromeda. So i'm really curious how good are they :frowning2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back