DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #17,611 of 22,021
Excellent! They're going to take good care of her while she's there...you know..check the oil...the brake pads...etc...lol.

I guarantee you'll notice a huge difference when you get her back!

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #17,612 of 22,021
Excellent! They're going to take good care of her while she's there...you know..check the oil...the brake pads...etc...lol.

Haha, thank for cracking me up. So today, I am testing my Amp8 with my Stax system :D....oh, what lovely creature this is. I will compose an article for this. Because Amp8 is not an limited module, It is a lot of fun to have

Also, I have mentioned this before, and I will repeat, all modules 4/S/8 can be used with 4.4mm out as a line out into poweramp or headphone amp. Exactly what I am using: maxed out volume on Dx200
20180923_101708.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #17,613 of 22,021
It is also a very strange thing that I tried Bluetooth DAC/Amp into Dx208Ti from both platform, my Ipadpro and my Note8. There are day and night of sound quality differences from both devices. Streaming YouTube btw. They both sound good, different taste :D

There is a trick to make this work

1/ turn on Dx200 Bluetooth . This time it will come up as a host, so you can connect to external Bluetooth speakers. If you want to use it as a Slave (received end), you will need to do #2

2/ do not turn on Bluetooth connection from your external device IPad/ Android yet. You need to flick the option within Dx200 (Bluetooth DAC/AMP). This time, the Bluetooth feature will automatically be turned off, so the player switch itself from Host to Slave. You will need to flick on the Bluetooth again. This time it is in slave mode, it will work for your device

3/ turn on your devices Bluetooth function, and pick Dx200 as an option

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #17,614 of 22,021
Haha, thank for cracking me up. So today, I am testing my Amp8 with my Stax system :D....oh, what lovely creature this is. I will compose an article for this. Because Amp8 is not an limited module, It is a lot of fun to have

Also, I have mentioned this before, and I will repeat, all modules 4/S/8 can be used with 4.4mm out as a line out into poweramp or headphone amp. Exactly what I am using: maxed out volume on Dx200
Tell me more, tell me more... lol

Would it be possible to maintain the balanced output to a pair of 3-pin xlr to connect into a balanced amp?

For the fun of it, I connected a 3.5 SE into the Line Out of the AMP7 and connected that via rca (left and right) to my ifi Pro iCan.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #17,615 of 22,021
Tell me more, tell me more... lol

Would it be possible to maintain the balanced output to a pair of 3-pin xlr to connect into a balanced amp?

For the fun of it, I connected a 3.5 SE into the Line Out of the AMP7 and connected that via rca (left and right) to my ifi Pro iCan.

That is what you are looking at, a 4.4mm balanced out into dual xlr3 in the picture (black-red). My Stax is balanced in, and power amp is too

Yes, this is the correct usage, single ended is good for RCA (which is also SE connection)

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #17,616 of 22,021

That really happened. My DX200TI came back with totally different than I had before. I mean everything had been checked up with brand new battery... Top notch customer services of ibasso especially Paul@ibasso. NO DOUBT!

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #17,617 of 22,021

Haha also change trany oil prestone, new tires and a new turbo please :)

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #17,618 of 22,021
That is what you are looking at, a 4.4mm balanced out into dual xlr3 in the picture (black-red). My Stax is balanced in, and power amp is too

Yes, this is the correct usage, single ended is good for RCA (which is also SE connection)
Thanks.

So the 4.4 goes into the Line Out of the AMP8?

Sep 23, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #17,620 of 22,021
To those of you who own Amp1 stock, and even Amp1Ti (not necessarily), but also other modules such as 4/4S/8. Have anyone of you considered that the bass on Amp1 is very References and of good quality but wished that it had better dynamic, energy, and articulation ? Then the mid is not so boring or dry ? Just honest questions :D

Sep 23, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #17,621 of 22,021
Amp8 only has one socket, and that is 4.4mm. It can be used as Line out. The same as Amp4/S
OK. Thanks. I haven't tried mine yet. Giving the AMP7 a few days of listening first before moving on to the AMP8.

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #17,623 of 22,021
To those of you who own Amp1 stock, and even Amp1Ti (not necessarily), but also other modules such as 4/4S/8. Have anyone of you considered that the bass on Amp1 is very References and of good quality but wished that it had better dynamic, energy, and articulation ? Then the mid is not so boring or dry ? Just honest questions :D

Only if you offering to do the mods for a modest fee :wink:

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #17,624 of 22,021
For anyone interested I'm selling my 18month old DX200. It's in great condition and has been used with screen protector and case from day one. It's not seen any use for the last 4 months, so decided to sell.

Photos on the link below. Feel free to pM me any questions :smile_phones:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-dx200.889014/

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #17,625 of 22,021

I have never clicked with AMP1, but with AMP1 Ti I don't find the mids to be boring or dry (at least with the Phantom, VE8 and E5000) but very clean as well. I don't know about pairing that feature thin mids or analytical signatures as I only own thicker sounding / warmer / musical gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back