DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 30, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #13,741 of 22,021
amp5 or wait for amp8???? choices choices

May 30, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #13,742 of 22,021
amp5 or wait for amp8???? choices choices

If you're looking for a 3.5mm single ended AMP unit like the AMP5, the AMP7 is the one to wait for :)

AMP8 is going to be 4.4mm balanced if I recall correctly.

Apologies if you know this already, just giving you a heads-up :)

May 30, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #13,743 of 22,021
Just got mine and i like the fact it has 3.5 SE, 2.5 balanced and a line out. I wouldn't mind the same set up but with a more powerful amp

May 30, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #13,744 of 22,021
If you're looking for a 3.5mm single ended AMP unit like the AMP5, the AMP7 is the one to wait for :)

AMP8 is going to be 4.4mm balanced if I recall correctly.

Apologies if you know this already, just giving you a heads-up :)

ah yes i got them the wrong way around..

May 30, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #13,745 of 22,021
I dont really hear a difference between se and Bal plus my iem has an impedance of 1 so I dont need all the power from BAL and my cables are 3.5 terminated. I'll wait for the 7 :)

May 30, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #13,746 of 22,021
So I recently picked up a DX200 (and I've been playing around with it for a few days - so far it's great in terms of SQ.

However, there was one thing I've noticed in terms of usability that sounds very strange and I'm wondering if my unit has an issue.

I'll charge my DX200, disconnect it from the charger, observe the battery read out is 100% and shut it down to save battery while I'm not using it. When I get to work and have a chance to listen to some music I turn it on and the battery read out is 88% a 12 point drop from turning on. I've seen this happen several times and it seems very unusual.

I got my unit new and have only had it for just under 1 week. I've put the device through maybe 2 or 3 charge cycles outside of keeping it connected to a charger for ~48 hours during my initial burn-in.

I'm running Lurker0's latest firmware. Has anyone experienced this issue?

May 30, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #13,747 of 22,021
I'm running Lurker0's latest firmware. Has anyone experienced this issue?

This is a known cosmetic problem with the Lurker0 firmware. You can find a bit more info here. There are probably several other posts as well. Enjoy the DX200 :)

May 31, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #13,750 of 22,021
This is a known cosmetic problem with the Lurker0 firmware. You can find a bit more info here. There are probably several other posts as well. Enjoy the DX200 :)

Thank you this is very helpful. I will definitely enjoy the DX200 the sound performance is really great for the price. It is a solid competitor to my Hugo 2 and I'm still using AMP1. AMP5 comes in the mail tomorrow so I'm excited to test that out and see if the Hugo 2 is worth keeping! Also intrigued about the new AMP7 & AMP8 releases.

May 31, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #13,751 of 22,021
Thank you this is very helpful. I will definitely enjoy the DX200 the sound performance is really great for the price. It is a solid competitor to my Hugo 2 and I'm still using AMP1. AMP5 comes in the mail tomorrow so I'm excited to test that out and see if the Hugo 2 is worth keeping! Also intrigued about the new AMP7 & AMP8 releases.

You'll have to let us know your thoughts once you've had a chance to spend some time with AMP5. I'm hoping to get my hands on an AMP8 when they become available. I have the AMP4s now and really like it.

May 31, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #13,752 of 22,021
i can't seem to enter the loader or flash mode on my ibasso?i turn it off , hold pla, connect it to the pc and it just shows charging after 5 seconds..
fixed it, apparently windows wasnt picking up the drivers when selecteing either x64 or x86 so i just selected the drivers root folder, now its flashing

EDIT: says test device fail

EDIT2: success :)

hopefully the battery is a bit better this time

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #13,753 of 22,021
Finally received my Ares II 2.5mm Balanced cables for my Phantoms. WOW, it makes a huge difference for pairing with the DX200 AMP1 balanced. Not sure if it was the cable or the balanced output but the sound is MUCH MUCH BETTER than the normal black 3.5mm cable. I now understand what the hype is all about with the DX200.

AMP1 balanced - sound is still airy, transparent and crisp. Bass has gained weight. (again, not sure if this is due to the new cable or the balanced output)

AMP4s - 3D effect is definitely there. There seems to be a mid-bass or lower mid extension that gives the sound more fullness. Not sure yet if I like the bass as it is less controlled than the AMP1 balanced.

There seems to be very slight hiss on both amps. I know that Phantoms are very sensitive IEMs but are there any settings that can take care of this? IEMatch is definitely an option.

The brand is Musashino . Specs (translated from japanese specs) as follows :

yProduct features ◆ 4.4 mm 5 pole balanced female plug → 2.5 mm 4 pole Balance L cable plug is a cable to convert. ◆ 4.4 mm 5 pole balanced female plug adopts high-performance plug "Pentaconn" made by Nippon. ※ ● "Pentaconn" is a registered trademark of Nippon Co., Ltd. ◆ In order to demonstrate the performance of each DAP without wishing, we adopted OFC with silver coating on the wire. ※ ★ Detailed description: Newsbridgeo

u can find out more details over here at amazon : https://www.amazon.com/musashino-LA...srs=17460091011&ie=UTF8&qid=1527637515&sr=8-2 , but its expensive.

I got this from a reseller in China, cost around 850CNY, it should cost less if you buy it directly from Japan. After listening to it for less than a day, I do not feel any coloration or degration (I have the ibasso CA02), though I need to try out more after more "burn in"? The cable I am using is EA Leonidas Black Edition :)

I saw someone selling on hifi forum over at https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-musashino-label-2-5mm-to-4-4mm-conversion-cable-brand-new.880620/ .

And I thought $50 was expensive for an adapter!! Although it looks really nice and very functional. I just started using the Ibasso CA02 and it's awkwardly long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back