DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 25, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #20,521 of 22,021
I tried writing it.
DxzNzYvUUAIw-gZ.jpg
Just to avoid any confusion, on the actual 470uF Nichicon, the red coloring marks the Negative lead. It does attach to the top pad just as it is diagrammed.

Happy. modding!

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #20,523 of 22,021
You can install new official FW by putting in SD card (either card you mentioned are fine). and then just install lurker add-on, no need to uninstall anything.

But I would like to say I like FW1.006 sound more than latest one. well, I might be illusional though.

Thanks! SD method worked out perfectly for the updating the official firmware.

I am running into some trouble with installing @Lurker0 's add-on through the Rockchip method. It says "Found one ADB Device" instead of "Found One Loader Device" and won't install. I don't have an extra SD to format for the SD method. >.< Anyone else have this problem before?

For the official firmware, liking what I hear so far. Hearing less hiss overall, which is a godsend.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #20,524 of 22,021

I am running into some trouble with installing @Lurker0 's add-on through the Rockchip method. It says "Found one ADB Device" instead of "Found One Loader Device" and won't install. I don't have an extra SD to format for the SD method. >.< Anyone else have this problem before?

For the official firmware, liking what I hear so far. Hearing less hiss overall, which is a godsend.

Do you use tool that lurker provide in the zip file. I dont understand why you can't install knowing that you have installed lurker add before. It shouldnt require any new installation method for lurker.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #20,525 of 22,021

did you turn your decice off? then hold the play/pause button while inserting the usb cable that is connected to your pc

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #20,526 of 22,021
Do you use tool that lurker provide in the zip file. I dont understand why you can't install knowing that you have installed lurker add before. It shouldnt require any new installation method for lurker.

LOL me too, I know I've done this before.

did you turn your decice off? then hold the play/pause button while inserting the usb cable that is connected to your pc

DUH That did it. Was holding play/pause button, turning device on, and then connecting. Must have been a little tired from the workweek.

Thank you all!!

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #20,527 of 22,021
DX200 getting much usage. USB DAC, portable player, source device into headphone/speaker amp, BT digital transport, and eventual source into an incoming Denafrips Ares.

For my little man cave theater I use PS4 > iFi iOne > Emotiva A-100 > Monoprice subwoofer + ELAC B6.2

Figured today I'd throw the DX200 into the mix as a bluetooth transport. DX200 + Neutron providing bluetooth files to the iFi One was quite good. I was pretty happy with the combo. I suppose one could just feed the amp via DX200 line out but I was looking for the convenience of the DX200 as a remote BT transport rather than a tethered device. I have not heard the higher end ELAC speakers but these B6.2 provide an enjoyable experience. DX200 is stepping the game from modest to high end rigs, all will benefit from its utility.

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #20,529 of 22,021
Oh surprising you switched out to amp1ti this time. @Whitigir

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #20,531 of 22,021
I got my DX200 with amp1mod a couple days ago. I was listening to 320kbps mp3 with 2.5mm balanced output. I was using some apps at the same time. It gets hot very quickly to the point it is uncomfortable to hold in hand. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back