1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 *** ANDROID "O" 8.1 1.05 now available!***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
  1. davidmolliere
    Thrilled, I am totally in!

iBasso is on the roll, I trust them to make a statement with DX220, the build looks smooth and screen to size ration excellent.
    BT 5.0 speaks bleeding edge, I’d bet on a DAC upgrade to ESS9038 Pro as well. Time will tell... that plus AMP9 and I am back :D !

2. singleended5863
    I bet for sure has new chip and maybe nu-tube included with heatsinks. :wink:

Whitigir likes this.
  3. davidmolliere
    I hope AMP9 comes together, Nu-Tubes seems to really rock!

4. Whitigir
    And the fun to modify Amp module, even if something goes wrong, only $199 a pop. Other Player, you would have to replace the whole player :wink:...if you Lift a pad, or break a trace kakaka.....oh, and they are Swapable, like upgraded Amp8 can be used in Dx200-150 or 220 ? Woaaaa! Let’s say....thinking about it, my eyes even popped out....together with jaws dropped on the floor

On top of that @Paul - iBasso is beyond awesome in helping with after sale service and customer responses.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    HungryPanda likes this.
  5. davidmolliere
    @Whitigir No need to convince me :) I think AMP9 should be pricier as NuTubes is probably a heck lot more complex to implement, specifically find a way like Cayin to minimize microphonics. I’d sure be ready to pay a premium for this!

6. Whitigir
    Oh yes, but let’s not give Paul that idea :wink:...I actually expected the Amp8 as a discrete Amp module to be more expensive....and it isn’t.

7. singleended5863
    Nu-tubes or miniature tubes rolling is fun with different tastes. Oh well! I missed those days. :unamused:

8. davidmolliere
    Whichever price it is, it will be fair I have no doubt, like DX220 :)

9. twister6 Contributor
    Not this time :p

Too bad iBasso is not going to be at this Canjam NYC, we had a blast last year :wink: Are you coming this year Steve? Don't think John is.

ibasso-01.jpg

ibasso-07.jpg

jerick70, icefalkon, Glasha and 5 others like this.
  10. Whitigir
    Argh! I want to be there !!

Glasha likes this.
  11. davidmolliere
    Yeah me too but a bit short on cash and time :p
    I need to do the next one in London, way closer...

Glasha and Whitigir like this.
  12. edwardsean
    I can't help but think this must, at least in part, be about me.

13. Whitigir
    Oh no! Just saying in general. Being modular design, the Dx200 have great advantage on modifications purposes and so on

14. edwardsean
    I believe you, but just for the sake of narcissism, I'd still like to think its about me! (grin)

Seriously though, I just handed over my third new amp8 for the EX-mod. The tech has been doing SMD for the last decade and he said that "the traces on this board are 2-3 times more sensitive than anything he's ever worked on." So, I'm holding my breath til I get it back hoping that it finally gets done right.

Through another tech, I got the torn ribbon cable fixed! Volume control works again. Paul has been just wonderful though and I'm still going to get a replacement part just in case.

Whitigir likes this.
  15. Whitigir
    You already got a working DX200EX ! ? How is it treating Ya ????