DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 22, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #20,401 of 22,021
Dxj7-zUUwAA6o1J.jpg

Hello, is there any body who's familiar with circuits in here?
Can you tell me the purpose of the 100uf caps and the aluminum cap on the left? They look like power smoother to me.

Jan 22, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #20,402 of 22,021
Dxj7-zUUwAA6o1J.jpg

Hello, is there any body who's familiar with circuits in here?
Can you tell me the purpose of the 100uf caps and the aluminum cap on the left? They look like power smoother to me.

I'm sorry for my bad English.
Compared to electrolytic capacitors CONDUCTIVE POLYMER ALUMINUM SOLID ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS has a momentary supply power greatly different.
Sound quality can respond to volume change and expect more natural reproduction.

Ultra low ESR · Ultra low impedance KZH of 100uF can be expected to achieve high frequency.
Both are suitable for PC and other applications, but (Audio DIY has a habit of audio condenser The use place is more limited.) It is evaluated as a more natural sound.

On the other hand, MLCC sounds hard and is not preferred in DIY.
However, as with tantalum + KZH (100 uF), it is not limited to the above by using MLCC together with all power supply lines.

It can be expected to eliminate and offset noise components at high frequencies.
For AMP 8, MLCC balances high frequencies for low range expansion of 470 uF and 100 μF.

I think that selection is necessary for all by balance and preference (earphone / headphone).

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #20,403 of 22,021
I'm sorry for my bad English.
Compared to electrolytic capacitors CONDUCTIVE POLYMER ALUMINUM SOLID ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS has a momentary supply power greatly different.
Sound quality can respond to volume change and expect more natural reproduction.

Ultra low ESR · Ultra low impedance KZH of 100uF can be expected to achieve high frequency.
Both are suitable for PC and other applications, but (Audio DIY has a habit of audio condenser The use place is more limited.) It is evaluated as a more natural sound.

On the other hand, MLCC sounds hard and is not preferred in DIY.
However, as with tantalum + KZH (100 uF), it is not limited to the above by using MLCC together with all power supply lines.

It can be expected to eliminate and offset noise components at high frequencies.
For AMP 8, MLCC balances high frequencies for low range expansion of 470 uF and 100 μF.

I think that selection is necessary for all by balance and preference (earphone / headphone).

Thank you.
Thanks for the description but I don't think that would answer my question. I want to know whether if it's power filter caps, power smoothing caps or signal caps to choose the suitable caps for such applications

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #20,405 of 22,021
@EggofSound
Thank you mate!!
Tantalum what exactly is? the motherboard?
The capacitors have a polarity sign ? (I didn't notice a "+" a "-" on them that show me this)
Anyway I think if I show your great photo with the polarity to the welder I won't have any problem! :)

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #20,406 of 22,021
@EggofSound
Thank you mate!!
Tantalum what exactly is? the motherboard?
The capacitors have a polarity sign ? (I didn't notice a "+" a "-" on them that show me this)
Anyway I think if I show your great photo with the polarity to the welder I won't have any problem! :)

Yes. I think there is no problem.
Tantalum is a small yellow base mounted capacitor connected to the lead of 100 uF CAP (the part indicated by + and - polarity).

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #20,408 of 22,021
I am enjoying it because PT 1 of SR 1 arrived.
I was surprised at the price of DX 200, but iBaaso products are lovable quality.

Thank you iBaaso.

Yes, So do I :)

While other companies are chasing the statement “it is expensive because it sound good”, Ibasso are sticking with a heart of enthusiasm and the thrive for competitions on the market. Not only great products to price-performances ratio, the customer services and the after sale services are wonderful ! Probably is the best

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #20,409 of 22,021
Yes, So do I :)

While other companies are chasing the statement “it is expensive because it sound good”, Ibasso are sticking with a heart of enthusiasm and the thrive for competitions on the market. Not only great products to price-performances ratio, the customer services and the after sale services are wonderful ! Probably is the best

I strongly agree with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back