DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 14, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #20,238 of 22,021
I'm using high gain at about 90-100 with my IT01 (16ohm/108dB). I have the latest iBasso firmware with nothing else downloaded. So it's only running the standard processes.

So, I'm no saint nor someone who listens at safe levels myself. In fact, I do listen loud, to very loud, but man, high gain with AMP5 with IT01 seems way louder than what I typically would listen, and I'm one of those who loves to blast some metal. Even so, I could sustain 100 with IT01 for maybe half an hour to an hour, but having them run like that longer may damage your hearing, I'm not sure how loud it gets in dB, but I'm fairly sure it is loud. I typically do bursts when listening loud, so 5-7 really loud songs, then lower volume, to protect my hearing. Maybe it would be helpful if you did the same :)

Not saying anything about the battery life, I think that at this volume, it is a fair amount, especially with flac files.

OK, thank you! It is too high volume to measure the battery life. For instance, I never used volume above 70 (high gain) with any iBasso IEMs and AMPs continuously. An no - I don't listen those modern overcompressed recordings! For them, even volume 70 is too loud for me.

So now you have at least half of the answer :wink: Then, you may try IEMs with higher impedance and higher sensitivity, to add more to the playback time.

I'm also surprised if someone never goes above 70 in volume actually :)

You like to listen at a softer volume than I'd typically go for, unless I really wanted my music to not be loud.

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #20,239 of 22,021
I adjusted the number of images to the order of Twister 6 Reviews page.

1. Nichicon 470 uF Remove the orange Siemens 220uF and replace it with a silver Nichicon 470uF.
2.1uF MLCC The blue color of the image is made by TDK which was in part BOX. KEMET on the Reviews page is yellow.
3. TK-Sheet I pasted it on IC and Inductors. Also on the back side.
4. NIPPON CHEMI-CON KZH 100uF.

Dw1PYdkUYAAUJca.jpg:large
Thank you my friend. Waiting amp8 arrives me and maybe I'll ask you something more, just for a final check before to do everything to avoid problem! :)

PS in point 1 you speak about orange but I see it is white

ciao!

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #20,241 of 22,021
Thank you my friend. Waiting amp8 arrives me and maybe I'll ask you something more, just for a final check before to do everything to avoid problem! :)

ciao!

Look at the pages from @twister6 guide, there is a picture of a taken out orange cap

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #20,242 of 22,021
yes @Whitigir I saw it, but I also seeing photo where it is white.
While the mouser capacitors should be grey.
So this creates some confusion to me.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #20,245 of 22,021
If I'm using the IT01s or IT04 I have the volume around 70. With full size can's it can get up to 100 for some songs, even higher if it's an oldie that's recorded poorly. But generally, the can's require higher volumes....of course.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #20,246 of 22,021
Before Dx200 released, there was this dedicated thread for it. And it comes like 6 months later.

I would expect similar ? But who know ? My guess is that @Paul - iBasso wouod confirm again what he said a few months back
I think u need to reconfirm to Him, alrd get the confirmation that the dealer was to hold my DX200 purchase, wait the new model come....

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #20,248 of 22,021

ciao!

The one that looks white is Nichicon 470 uF after exchange.
Leave untouched TK 220uF as it is.

Can not see Siemens (Orange) to exchange when opening the case?
TK 220 uF = Toshin Kogyo (TK).
A little bigger one is Nichicon 470uF exchanged.

If your AMP 8 is a Conductive polymer Aluminum solid electrolytic capacitor
It may not need to be replaced if it is.

please check.

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #20,249 of 22,021
The one that looks white is Nichicon 470 uF after exchange.
Leave untouched TK 220uF as it is.

Can not see Siemens (Orange) to exchange when opening the case?
TK 220 uF = Toshin Kogyo (TK).
A little bigger one is Nichicon 470uF exchanged.

If your AMP 8 is a Conductive polymer Aluminum solid electrolytic capacitor
It may not need to be replaced if it is.

please check.

Thank you mate, tomorrow I will open it and I will share a photo of its internal parts.

Jan 15, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #20,250 of 22,021
It is the matter of heat radiation.
Dw9rANIUUAApfXM.jpg

· The top is a radiator fin which was affixed to the back of DX200.
· Below that is a cooler for smartphone for games. (Charging of DX 200 is also possible with built-in battery)
Two FAN noises were troublesome, but when TDK's noise isolation sheet was pasted, fan noise ceased to be able to sleep while listening at night.

The DX 200 main body
I pasted the TDK's sheet leaving 2 piece of kapton isolation tape part and cover part of DAC IC.
I felt that the effect of the SD connector and Rockchip RK 3368 was great in two places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back