DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 23, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #76 of 22,021
Maybe would prefer a more flat back plate. Haha.

Usb c. YES!

The design has an interesting illusion where metal frame slims down toward the top while plastic back disappears toward the bottom, but overall thickness top-to-bottom stays relatively the same.

I wish they would show the bottom of DX200, which makes me think that perhaps it is a removable/replaceable piece with a different amp module and corresponding ports?

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #77 of 22,021
Yes it should be interchangable amp module.

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #78 of 22,021
The design has an interesting illusion where metal frame slims down toward the top while plastic back disappears toward the bottom, but overall thickness top-to-bottom stays relatively the same.

I wish they would show the bottom of DX200, which makes me think that perhaps it is a removable/replaceable piece with a different amp module and corresponding ports?

but wouldn't that infringe fiio's patent?

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #79 of 22,021

but wouldn't that infringe fiio's patent?

IP (intellectual property) and patents are tricky.  X7 has a removable module where the bottom of the DAP detaches completely.  Here, it's a bottom cover which can be removed (only on the back/sides) which could reveal a replaceable amp module.  HM901 has a replaceable amp module as well.  All the same idea, but different ways to implement it
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #80 of 22,021
IP (intellectual property) and patents are tricky.  X7 has a removable module where the bottom of the DAP detaches completely.  Here, it's a bottom cover which can be removed (only on the back/sides) which could reveal a replaceable amp module.  HM901 has a replaceable amp module as well.  All the same idea, but different ways to implement it :wink:
many daps are rectangle.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #82 of 22,021
many daps are rectangle.

yeah, but you cannot patent that shape though. there is something called a design patent, but still, you need to be more specific than that. i did not read into the fiio patent, just curious about the potential infringement.

being confident enough to push out interchangable amp design, ibasso should be in a pretty good shape.

anyone know any insight on the ibasso vs miniaudio thing? is it the japanese company that handles the dx200?

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #83 of 22,021
yeah, but you cannot patent that shape though. there is something called a design patent, but still, you need to be more specific than that. i did not read into the fiio patent, just curious about the potential infringement.

being confident enough to push out interchangable amp design, ibasso should be in a pretty good shape.

anyone know any insight on the ibasso vs miniaudio thing? is it the japanese company that handles the dx200?
So rectangle then most likly one will add an amp at the bottom.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #84 of 22,021
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 24, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #85 of 22,021
A question: the pics added in the OP are from a prototype with the final design?
I thought that the number 3 had collected more preferences, but it is not ...
When can we expect more technical details?

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #89 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back