DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 28, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #10,981 of 22,021
Im having trouble installing firmware on the dx200 when i put the file on the dx200 and update locally it fails then when I used the batch tool it gave me an error message when I got to the step with adding the firmware into the tool. Can anyone help?
Are you using the .img FW for the batch tool?

Jan 28, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #10,983 of 22,021
I tried to but there was no file present when I tried to open it then I used all file and I kept getting error messages
I am not sure I understand. You downloaded the .img file from the 1st page of this thread and then load that to the batch tool but it doesn't show up?

Jan 28, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #10,985 of 22,021
Yes I try to open them through the firmware and it shows the folder but there is nothing in them
I just downloaded the .img link on the first page. Waited for it to download and then opened the folder on my desktop and the .img FW is there. It took a few minutes for the download to complete.

You can't update putting the newest FW on an SD card, after unzipping the the zip file from the download? There are instructions in the downloaded zip file for each FW on how to do the update. The batch tool is also nice to have so good to know how to use it.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #10,987 of 22,021
Would you guys say the Dx200 is bright? Sharp? Cold?

Is the EQ responsive?
For me, I wouldn't say it isn't (correction: I wouldn't say it is or I would say it isn't ). It conveys the recording and isn't overly warm, which I can't stand. Just give me the music/recording and don't enhance it or take anything away from it. I really like the AMP3, 4 and 5 and they take it and the music to very good levels, allowing the music to just come through. I don't use EQ, never have. I want the recording and if they screwed it up then I don't play it. I don't want to waste time EQ'ing each album but that is me, some like to use it and that is good to.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #10,988 of 22,021
For me, I wouldn't say it isn't. It conveys the recording and isn't overly warm, which I can't stand. Just give me the music/recording and don't enhance it or take anything away from it. I really like the AMP3, 4 and 5 and they take it and the music to very good levels, allowing the music to just come through. I don't use EQ, never have. I want the recording and if they screwed it up then I don't play it. I don't want to waste time EQ'ing each album but that is me, some like to use it and that is good to.

Double negative in there.

Is the dx200 bright or warm with amp 1

Is the EQ responsive?

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #10,989 of 22,021
Double negative in there.

Is the dx200 bright or warm with amp 1

Is the EQ responsive?
So much for my proof reading. lol I wouldn't say it is cold or bright. I would say that. Yes it responds to EQ but I don't use it. I would say that with AMP1 it is the most neutral but also can sound the brightest depending upon the recording. I like the AMP3 more for an even more open sound. They are both detailed but the sound is a little warmer than 1 but in a natural way, not overdone as all the freq. still shine through and there is good layering with AMP3 as well as very good dynamics.

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #10,990 of 22,021
So much for my proof reading. lol I wouldn't say it is cold or bright. I would say that. Yes it responds to EQ but I don't use it. I would say that with AMP1 it is the most neutral but also can sound the brightest depending upon the recording. I like the AMP3 more for an even more open sound. They are both detailed but the sound is a little warmer than 1 but in a natural way, not overdone as all the freq. still shine through and there is good layering with AMP3 as well as very good dynamics.

Thank you so much

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #10,992 of 22,021
Just curious, has anyone paired the DX200 with the VE8, if so which AMP do you run it with?
I have read it requires low output impedance and was curious as to the pairing with AMPs...

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #10,993 of 22,021
I'm DX user for more than a year and to be honest didn't notice any big improvements through FW update (using latest FW now). Android rewinding went from good to ridiculously fast to ridiculously slow, library scan speed from OK to extremely slow, Mango lag from huge to big, hardware Play button in Android player never worked properly etc.

I don't know what to think when you say you don't experience any of my problems as I don't believe your unit (or any other) works different from mine. Just try to rewind through a track in Android OS (with forward/backward buttons not the song bar). Do you think this is a usable rewind speed? Or, also in Android, with a screen turned off, pause the music and let DX be for several minutes (5 should be enough) and press the hardware Play button again. Try this several times and count how many times the music starts playing again. Just few examples of how to try what I'm talking about.

Honestly, I don't have any of these issues either. I'm not being facetious or anything...but not everyone has the issues you've encountered.

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #10,994 of 22,021
Just curious, has anyone paired the DX200 with the VE8, if so which AMP do you run it with?
I have read it requires low output impedance and was curious as to the pairing with AMPs...
All the amps are less than 1 ohm. I think most are around .03 so that is very low for output impedance and shouldn't skew any frequencies.

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #10,995 of 22,021
All the amps are less than 1 ohm. I think most are around .03 so that is very low for output impedance and shouldn't skew any frequencies.

I didn't find any specs, that's good to know and good for multi BA IEMs, especially low impedance :)
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back