DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 24, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #91 of 22,021
Number 3
Although the plastic extension around the buttons doesn't really fit into the design. If without it the whole player would be bigger it is acceptable.

And why the volume wheel? Because it looks fancy (in ak-ish)?
Sorry, no offense. But seriously, either you accidentally scroll it in the pocket or you always have to unlock it first.
I prefer the buttons of the current dx's.

Speaking of: hold button!!!
I keep accidentally skipping tracks on my Dx80! Pretty annoying, stopping songs midway (and in shuffle mode not being able to easily return to them) does not really contribute to lifting my mood.

Please note: this criticism is only because apart from this issue I really love the Dx80 and don't want to have to switch to a different brand.
If the dx200 plays a tad more airy, a little faster and with slightly more open highs (all of which I found in the AK Jr - please copy in this department, not in design :wink:) while retaining the balls of the Dx80, I'm in!

Enjoy the holidays!

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #92 of 22,021
No 3 looks like an Oly waterproof camera!

Maybe no 3 will become the first waterproof dap
wink.gif

And why the volume wheel? Because it looks fancy (in ak-ish)?
Sorry, no offense. But seriously, either you accidentally scroll it in the pocket or you always have to unlock it first.
I prefer the buttons of the current dx's.

I'm really glad iBasso chose a volume wheel over buttons this time!
Not because it looks fancy, but because imho it's way more user friendly / easier to handle (also with dap in pocket)

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #96 of 22,021
The 3rd design suits my taste.
But I hope iBasso can further simplify the design to be more symmetrical and thinner profile so that can save cost for manufacturing.
The most important is still the sound quality and then the UI.
If possible to have 4 slots for microSD.

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #98 of 22,021
Ok I pick Febuary 2016 release date.

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #99 of 22,021
Not thrilled by any of the designs so far. I really like the laid-back style of the DX100 and its Ø6.3mm jack. Don't even mind the bulkiness, and it makes me wonder if this new flagship will be as powerful...

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #100 of 22,021
Not thrilled by any of the designs so far. I really like the laid-back style of the DX100 and its Ø6.3mm jack. Don't even mind the bulkiness, and it makes me wonder if this new flagship will be as powerful...

Agreed....there's a place for super slick, super portable.....but also super hi fi power in just a portable package....for more office based, holidays, multi room users. Hence the 6.3 Jack, loads of power if needed, solid knobs and buttons, with top build quality.

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #104 of 22,021
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 30, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #105 of 22,021
Full Android please, i wanna streaming Tidal,DI-Radio,and using my all favor players UAPP, Neutron.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back