DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 8, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #11,161 of 22,019
Not fair marketing from HyBy side. "DTA" in R6 is no better than in DX200. Considering that HiBy didn't mention DSD in their table, "DTA" in R6 is worse: DX200 allows 3rd party apps to playback native DSD, and R6 does not.

Please remember: whatever claims you read from HiBy, bear in mind that Android API does not provide an opportunity for bit perfect playback of 24 and 32 bit integer samples! All that HiBy claims is only applicable to sample rates. There is no a way for bit perfect playback of 32/384 using only Android standard API!

On the other hand, DX200 does provide a way for 100% bit perfect playback of any PCM (up to 32/384) and DSD (up to DSD256 via DoP), without modifications of apps. HiBy Music is the example of such an app :D

The bottom line is: iBasso DX200 is the first, and still is the only DAP in the world, which allows the feature called "DTA" by HiBy. OK, with my firmware, but it does not really matter, because for any other DAP there is no a way at all.

And, just in case...

Considering SoC used, they are not fair here as well. The correct values are: "4xA53 cores" for R6 and "8xA53 cores" for DX200 :)
3GB of RAM? Increase of the cost and power consumption, and no real benefits.

So, R6 is only better than DX200 by "stainless steel frame" and QC3.0, and worse in each and every other row in the table, excluding screen resolution, which is equal.

It certainly is not better than DX200 (it's excellent modular AMP design is hard to beat right now) according to the reviews so far but 3GB RAM is a welcome good for better performance especially for Android DAPs, $100 Xiaomi phone comes with 3GB RAM these days.

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #11,163 of 22,019
Is there any information with regards to what is the actual rating of the clocks in femto-seconds?

I haven't found this information anywhere. For all we know this could be 1000 femto-seconds or more, which wouldn't be a particularly stand-out feature. :)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #11,164 of 22,019
Did anyone compare the DX200 to the new FiiO Q5? I am thinking of getting also a Bluetooth / aptX-HD DAC - something I think the future iBasso products should definitely not miss.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #11,165 of 22,019
From Directory browser, long tap a folder with your albums and choose to play its content.

Nope, still don't get it to work. After the playing a folder its stopped.
Am I missing something here?
Long tap or tap and hold, only bring the additional menu...

I have also upgraded my firmware to 2.8.19.8 and now I and losing the sensitivity of the screen.
Swiping left and right had been more difficult, that's including selecting a folder.
Do I have to reset after firmware upgrade?
I had installed some music on the internal drive, could this be causing the slow responsive screen?
Will reset clear my internal drive memory?

Feb 9, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #11,166 of 22,019
Nope, still don't get it to work. After the playing a folder its stopped.
Am I missing something here?
Long tap or tap and hold, only bring the additional menu...

I have also upgraded my firmware to 2.8.19.8 and now I and losing the sensitivity of the screen.
Swiping left and right had been more difficult, that's including selecting a folder.
Do I have to reset after firmware upgrade?
I had installed some music on the internal drive, could this be causing the slow responsive screen?
Will reset clear my internal drive memory?
Ir is recommended to always do a factory reset after completing a firmware update.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #11,167 of 22,019
Why does album scrolling still lag so much? I saw videos of the HiBy R6 online and album scrolling is so smooth and effortless.
When will there be a firmware update to address this?

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #11,168 of 22,019
Why does album scrolling still lag so much? I saw videos of the HiBy R6 online and album scrolling is so smooth and effortless.
When will there be a firmware update to address this?
Read the hiby r6 is the smoothest and fastest dap around..maybe thats why..but for me SQ is no 1 and u probably wont get better than the dx200

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #11,169 of 22,019
Yeah, maybe the Snapdragon 425 and 3GB ram is really that much faster than the internals of the DX200.
I really like the SQ of the DX200 and all but its usability is really hampering my daily use.
I upgraded from an AK100ii that came out in 2014 and yet the UI feels so much more fluid.
I really hope the next firmware will address this. The android os is working pretty well but I feel like the Mango OS still needs some serious optimization.

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #11,170 of 22,019
Should be getting my AMP4 from iBasso in less than a week. Once I get her and burn her in I'll do a review vs the AMP 5 module...I understand that the long awaited IT04 will be included with the goodies showing at the NYC CanJam.
What's the procedure for turning-in the AMP4? Use a 4.4mm-2.5mm balanced adapter and plug-in the burn-in cable provided by ibasso? Or plug in an iem with 4.4mm termination and let it play through? Is burn-in time the same 200 hrs as it was for the AMP1 card? What's the recommended hours for AMP4 burn-in?

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #11,171 of 22,019
What's the procedure for turning-in the AMP4? Use a 4.4mm-2.5mm balanced adapter and plug-in the burn-in cable provided by ibasso? Or plug in an iem with 4.4mm termination and let it play through? Is burn-in time the same 200 hrs as it was for the AMP1 card? What's the recommended hours for AMP4 burn-in?
You can use the balanced adapter to 2.5 TRRS and use the burn in cable. I found that for me the AMP4 sounded good right away and refined at around 150 or 200 hours.

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #11,172 of 22,019
Yeah, maybe the Snapdragon 425 and 3GB ram is really that much faster than the internals of the DX200.
I really like the SQ of the DX200 and all but its usability is really hampering my daily use.
I upgraded from an AK100ii that came out in 2014 and yet the UI feels so much more fluid.
I really hope the next firmware will address this. The android os is working pretty well but I feel like the Mango OS still needs some serious optimization.

I have the AK100II and IMO it is not as fast with scrolling as the DX200. I noticed this the other day when scrolling and using it. It is not all that responsive compared to other daps and I am on the latest FW.

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #11,173 of 22,019
I have the AK100II and IMO it is not as fast with scrolling as the DX200. I noticed this the other day when scrolling and using it. It is not all that responsive compared to other daps and I am on the latest FW.
I have the latest firmware on my DX200 and AK100ii as well. I tested them with the same micro SD card and made sure to initate a rescan.
When scrolling through albums, the album art would load instantly on the AK100ii, whereas there would be a varying level of delay on the DX200 depending on the os.
There is considerable lag before album art would load on Mango OS, and only a slight delay on android which I find totally acceptable.
However, I prefer using Mango OS for its simplicity and this issue is really bugging me.

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #11,174 of 22,019
I have the latest firmware on my DX200 and AK100ii as well. I tested them with the same micro SD card and made sure to initate a rescan.
When scrolling through albums, the album art would load instantly on the AK100ii, whereas there would be a varying level of delay on the DX200 depending on the os.
There is considerable lag before album art would load on Mango OS, and only a slight delay on android which I find totally acceptable.
However, I prefer using Mango OS for its simplicity and this issue is really bugging me.
Don't know what to tell you. I am on Mango now and can scan up and down. Nope not super smooth but using the side bar on the left it is fast and I can use my finger on the screen to pull the albums up and down. For me, I prefer it to the AK100II.

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #11,175 of 22,019
Mango OS is really buggy and not sounding that much better than android OS. I guess its not fair a comparison as the AK100ii is under android OS while DX200 is under Mango OS which is known for being not smooth due to firmware issue and not hardware's. I have a very pleasing experience scrolling through album via Neutron player though. Hope you will prefer to switch it to android OS soon to rectify the problem. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back