DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 27, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #10,516 of 22,021
I was wondering if anyone has heard the HD800S with the dx200? I really want those headphones but I don’t want to buy an amp just for those. I am hoping the balanced output is enough for those headphones. Thanks for the answers.

I can speak from driving the Eikon & Atticus, which are also 300 ohms. The main problem I had was volume for louder listening. It can be too low depending on the song and especially if you are using Mango EQ as well. You will get better overall performance from a desktop amp that can drive them more sufficiently. Maybe someone else with an HD800S can provide actual input.

I think 300 ohms is the upper limit for the DX200, which is why I bought the MDR-Z1R instead. It drives them much better with little noticeable difference from a desktop amp.

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #10,517 of 22,021
Where can I get more screen protectors for my DX200?

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #10,518 of 22,021
Where can I get more screen protectors for my DX200?

Contact iBasso directly for more. They sent me two extra and I only had to pay for shipping.

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #10,520 of 22,021
I received my iBasso kit yesterday (DX200, AMP4, IT03, CB13 and CA02). Out the box, AMP1 sounded bright and a bit thin. After about 30 minutes I swapped the AMP1 for the AMP4 module. What a difference. Not subtle at all. Much more full, smoother and musical to my ears. I won't see myself ever going back to AMP1.

As performance goes, I would say I'm really impressed by the clarity and tone of the iBasso kit. And as a firm believer in burn in, I know things will still improve. The background is absolutely black making dynamics really shined. I'm really looking forward for my Norne Draug Silver cable to arrive for my Utopia.

Now, I need some help. I'm really goof with computer stuff. But I'm in vacation and I'm feeliing advanturous! So, I will like to know if there is any tutorials (text or video) to download Lurker0 latest firmware? I mean I don't really understand that Batch tools kit or whatever it is. A steps by steps guide will be so precious for me.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 29, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #10,522 of 22,021
I received my iBasso kit yesterday (DX200, AMP4, IT03, CB13 and CA02). Out the box, AMP1 sounded bright and a bit thin. After about 30 minutes I swapped the AMP1 for the AMP4 module. What a difference. Not subtle at all. Much more full, smoother and musical to my ears. I won't see myself ever going back to AMP1.

As performance goes, I would say I'm really impressed by the clarity and tone of the iBasso kit. And as a firm believer in burn in, I know things will still improve. The background is absolutely black making dynamics really shined. I'm really looking forward for my Norne Draug Silver cable to arrive for my Utopia.

Now, I need some help. I'm really goof with computer stuff. But I'm in vacation and I'm feeliing advanturous! So, I will like to know if there is any tutorials (text or video) to download Lurker0 latest firmware? I mean I don't really understand that Batch tools kit or whatever it is. A steps by steps guide will be so precious for me.

Thanks in advance.
its all in his site, he gave step by step and clear instructions. All you need is a computer. Try it, if you get stuck, just post it here, be glad to help. It's easy

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #10,523 of 22,021

Thanks in advance.

As said by @nazrin313 , try to search for it in the site and then ask if you meet any issues. The step by step is presented there, and you shouldn't have any issue really. I managed to install a lot of firmwares on DX200 without any issue! :darthsmile:

Once you manage to do the firmware update once, you'll do it right every single time.

By the way, who else is enjoying their DX200 to the max in winter? :dt880smile:

It has been one of the warmest winters in Romania and I've been really kicking in taking some trips around my hometown with this trusty companion!

Also, the AMP5 module is so awesome that I have to rush my review of it soon, just so that I can share the fun with everybody!

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #10,524 of 22,021
Yeah i thinking i wanna go with the AMP5 route..as I will just be using SE on the go. I feel the AMP1 is good enough but I know it can get better. Just so you guys know, my mid fi desk top rig (Concero HD to LD MkIV SE) sounds sooo much better with the LAB01. Everything is wider, airy and less congested. I hope the AMP5 can provide me this

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #10,525 of 22,021
I was wondering if anyone has heard the HD800S with the dx200? I really want those headphones but I don’t want to buy an amp just for those. I am hoping the balanced output is enough for those headphones. Thanks for the answers.
HD800 should not be a problem. As long as you use the balanced output. The single-ended is only half the voltage swing; thus, half the volume output.

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #10,526 of 22,021
Not sure if this would help... my impression/experience is that when I do listen to HD800S on my DX200 (Amp 3)... I find my volume linger at about 120 / 150 (on 'Low' gain) and 110 / 150 (on 'High' gain). This is in an indoor, study-room, overall a quite environment. My HD800S generally stays indoor - don't use it when I'm out and about.

Dec 30, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #10,527 of 22,021
Has anyone noticed a change in sound quality or character with the newish November firmware? Specifically with the Mango OS. I will probably upgrade this weekend.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #10,528 of 22,021
Has anyone noticed a change in sound quality or character with the newish November firmware? Specifically with the Mango OS. I will probably upgrade this weekend.

I don't think I ever noticed a large sound change with firmwares, and since I can't test them side-by-side, it could always be my mind playing tricks on me :darthsmile:

The latest firmware is rock solid, and as always, a pleasure to use! :o2smile:

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #10,529 of 22,021
For those that this will be their new year, Enjoy and have an excellent 2018. Good fortune to all of you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 31, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #10,530 of 22,021
For those that this will be their new year, Enjoy and have an excellent 2018. Good fortune to all of you.

Thank you Paul for your participation in this forum and to all at iBasso for providing us with so much musical enjoyment!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back