DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 14, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #8,581 of 22,021
I am trying to decide between X7 II and DX200 AMP3 (I only heard good things about AMP3) which has only balanced out.

It's good to have options at hand. My recommendation is to buy both. In the end you will because curiosity will eat at your head-fi soul. I am very happy with the DX200/Amp3 configuration. X7ii is on my to-get list as soon as it's more easily obtainable. :wink:

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #8,582 of 22,021
I would like to clarify that we have many good distributors. I do not want to leave the impression that a number of them do not do a good job.
Thanks Paul.

My apologies for my sharp edges.

The thought of two months is just ..... sigh.

Anyway, should this be expected to arrive by next week?

Can we route this directly to me after being fixed?

I am afraid that if it come by the previous route, it will add again another two months resulting to four in total.

Regards
I hesitate to say when it will be there. We will have everything done and it be sent back on Monday by express. This normally takes 3 days. Since the distributor sent us the shipment we have to send it back to them. I make no promise on the time period because every time I do this it doesn't seem to work out. I can only tell you that we are sending it out on Monday barring any unforeseen circumstance.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 15, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #8,583 of 22,021
Okay understood.

If this took time then somewhere down the medium have caused it for 2months time.

Will let you know once I received it.

Thanks

I would like to clarify that we have many good distributors. I do not want to leave the impression that a number of them do not do a good job.

I hesitate to say when it will be there. We will have everything done and it be sent back on Monday by express. This normally takes 3 days. Since the distributor sent us the shipment we have to send it back to them. I make no promise on the time period because every time I do this it doesn't seem to work out. I can only tell you that we are sending it out on Monday barring any unforeseen circumstance.

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #8,584 of 22,021
So I got out my Dx200 yesterday and it was on, which was odd. Maybe somehow I have pushed the button. I'm using Mango OS, and the file delete button kept looking like it had been pressed and I would get a pop up message are you sure? I'd say no and this would repeat. Finally after a full reboot, it seems to have stopped. This isn't the ghost screen issue is it? I'm hoping it was a fluke.

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #8,585 of 22,021
So I got out my Dx200 yesterday and it was on, which was odd. Maybe somehow I have pushed the button. I'm using Mango OS, and the file delete button kept looking like it had been pressed and I would get a pop up message are you sure? I'd say no and this would repeat. Finally after a full reboot, it seems to have stopped. This isn't the ghost screen issue is it? I'm hoping it was a fluke.

Use more for few days and see if the issue reoccur.

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #8,586 of 22,021
Lindsay makes the best cables and adapters I've used. I've used some expensive cables too. You won't be disappointed.

Oh, that's music to my ears (pun intended lol) :)

Are there any cables of theirs that you'd especially recommend?
I have the DX200, IT03 and Katana, and love soundstage, clarity and detail rather than a warm, organic sound.

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #8,587 of 22,021
I have the DX200, IT03 and Katana, and love soundstage, clarity and detail rather than a warm, organic sound.

Which AMP are you using for your Katana? If it is AMP2 or AMP3, do you hear any difference comparing it to AMP1?

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #8,588 of 22,021
just for information. i read that some people use iem with amp3. it´s not too much power? no risk for iem that, normally have low impedance and high sensibility?
thank you

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #8,589 of 22,021
Which AMP are you using for your Katana? If it is AMP2 or AMP3, do you hear any difference comparing it to AMP1?

I've pretty much exclusively been listening to my IT03 (with upgraded iBasso balanced cables) via the balanced out on AMP1.
I tried a big A/B test of Katana vs IT03 on both my DX200 (AMPs 1 & 2) and Shozy Alien+
I actually preferred the IT03 in 95% of the songs/configurations that I tried, and found that single-ended sounded superior on AMP2.
*However*, it's not quite a fair test, because:
My Katana only has the stock single ended cable, and they use 2 pin connectors, so I can't use the upgraded iBasso MMCX connector cable with them.

Similarly, the upgraded cable is 2.5mm balanced, so i can't plug it into AMP2 or the Alien+, and hence can only use the stock iBasso cable for these tests.

The good news (for me at least lol) is that I've ordered the 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm single ended adapter mentioned previously, along with some quality MMCX to 2 pin adapters.
So I hope to repeat all the tests again in the next 2-3,weeks (as soon as they arrive) :)
Just realised I got overexcited and went off on a tangent, sorry for that lol :p

In answer to your question more specifically, I felt AMP2 offered a slightly richer, more detailed and dynamic sound compared with AMP1 single ended.
For the reasons specified above, I couldn't test AMP2 single ended vs AMP1 balanced, but I hope to remedy that soon.
I don't have AMP3, but I hope to remedy that soon too :D

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #8,590 of 22,021
It's good to have options at hand. My recommendation is to buy both. In the end you will because curiosity will eat at your head-fi soul. I am very happy with the DX200/Amp3 configuration. X7ii is on my to-get list as soon as it's more easily obtainable. :wink:
May be in future...right now I don't have enough money to buy both...I don't even have a chance to listen to both and decide.

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #8,592 of 22,021

Are there any cables of theirs that you'd especially recommend?

I haven't listened to either of your IEMs. And I have a predisposition too gravitate toward a warm organic sound. :ksc75smile: I may not be the best person to recommend a cable.

This is the cable I use with my CF Andromedas. The cable is made from pure copper, so may not be to your liking. He does have silver plated copper cable but I don't see it on his site. Also I heard that he is gong to offer pure silver cables. You should contact him and see what he has available. He may be a better person to recommend a cable for you.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/473771210/custom-4ft-type-6-copper-litz-iem-cable?ref=related-1

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #8,593 of 22,021
I haven't listened to either of your IEMs. And I have a predisposition too gravitate toward a warm organic sound. :ksc75smile: I may not be the best person to recommend a cable.

This is the cable I use with my CF Andromedas. The cable is made from pure copper, so may not be to your liking. He does have silver plated copper cable but I don't see it on his site. Also I heard that he is gong to offer pure silver cables. You should contact him and see what he has available. He may be a better person to recommend a cable for you.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/473771210/custom-4ft-type-6-copper-litz-iem-cable?ref=related-1
No reason that a copper cable can't be detailed and incisive. Impact Audio has pretty good prices and the workmanship is excellent. I think that a copper cable is a good place to start, personally. Layman1 already has some good cables on hand. :wink:

Also, I have a feeling that total wire guage has the most a substantial influence on the clarity, detail, and soundstage, which you can also have with an organic sounding cable. Generally, lower total AWG means more material for sound to travel through. Most cable makers use 24-26 guage wire in sets of 4 to 8 wires. I don't know if this is what it takes, but the calculator below can tell you what those numbers mean.

Here's a calculator: https://www.wirebarn.com/combined-wire-gauge-calculator_ep_42.html

4x24AWG = 18 AWG
4x25AWG = 19 AWG (Double Helix Cables, any quad braid)
4x22AWG = 16 AWG (Effect Audio Ares II+)
8x25AWG = 16 AWG (Double Helix Cables, 8 braid)
8x28AWG = 19 AWG (I think this is what cables from ALO and iBASSO are)
4x28AWG = 22 AWG (PlusSound Exo that comes with their IEMs)

I think bigger is better, generally. I'm sure people watching noticed the relationship (doubling of diameter reduces AWG by 3). I'll leave material debate out of it as I need more observations to make a judgment, and even then it will be with significant caveats, because I can't control for geometry without doing everything from the same manufacturer, and I can't control for material composition to even an adequate level.

I'll be doing a cable shootout on AudioPrimate, in not too much time. I've got lots of different materials.

When I start experimenting in DIY I'll probably go for 24 AWG and stick to quad braids.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #8,594 of 22,021
Nope! Most cables maker use 26-28AWG in 4-8 wires combination just as long as it is smaller than 20-21AWG. The largest size that can fit on a terminal pole of 4.4mm or 3.5mm is 18AWG, and the largest to fit on Utopia connectors is 20AWG per terminal....and it takes a lot of works. I don't know how I know it

U will rarely see anything larger than 20awg per terminal pole unless u go for huge and expensive one

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #8,595 of 22,021
Hi all, considering that the DX200 can run on an Android version, what about Roon? Does anyone know if Roon can be side loaded into the DX200, and if done, how is the experience?
ciao Simone,
personally I never tried Roon on dx200.
If you install the dx200 custom firmware by Lurker that is basically the same stock fw with some extra futures (one of them is the google store so you can install new apps). This fw is very safe and you can come back to the stock fw without problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back