DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 16, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #10,471 of 22,021
Hi All,

I just ordered the DX-200 with AMP 4, IT03,CB13 and CA02.

I will also like to use my Focal Utopia with the DX200. Can anybody give me some good sounding cables suggestions? I'm currently using a 21AWG OCC silver (8 conductors) in my desktop system and I am quite please with it. Unfortunately, my cable maker said that this cable won't fit with the smaller 2.5 mm connector. He suggest me to go with 24AWG but I fear that the sound would be too thin.

So any good recommandations are welcome.

Many thanks.
Get a good quality adapter. What termination do you have now? The AMP4 is superb with the Utopia. Since the AMP4 is the 4.4, Furutech makes a very good 4.4 plug and you have the Pentaconn. There is no reason a cable manufacture can't terminate to that but would need more information.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #10,472 of 22,021
Hi All, I just ordered the DX-200 with AMP 4, IT03,CB13 and CA02.

I hope you remembered to shout 'house!' after filling up the bingo card :D

That's a pretty epic order. I predict good times ahead for you :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #10,473 of 22,021
Hi - I have a Mr Speakers and Audeze Pentaconn terminated cable, as well as IEM two pin pentaconn terminated cable for my Sony WM1A.

Are these all compatible with Amp 4's 4,4mm? I thought I ssaw a note on the forum that the pentaconn plug is potentially wired differently than on the Sony WM1A/Z?

Thanks for your help!

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #10,474 of 22,021
Anyone here a Room users and use the Ibasso Dx200 as a roon endpoint? I believe roon will only stream 48/24 to android devices - anyone capable of getting bit perfect playback when using roon with ibasso?

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #10,475 of 22,021
Hi - I have a Mr Speakers and Audeze Pentaconn terminated cable, as well as IEM two pin pentaconn terminated cable for my Sony WM1A.

Are these all compatible with Amp 4's 4,4mm? I thought I ssaw a note on the forum that the pentaconn plug is potentially wired differently than on the Sony WM1A/Z?

Thanks for your help!

That’s not true.
If the cables have been terminated correctly, the pentaconn plug will work fine with the Wm1a/z.

I have few cables with the pentaconn plug and all of them are working perfectly with my Wm1z.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #10,476 of 22,021
That’s not true.
If the cables have been terminated correctly, the pentaconn plug will work fine with the Wm1a/z.

I have few cables with the pentaconn plug and all of them are working perfectly with my Wm1z.

Yes, to confirm, all my 4.4mm cables and adapters work without a problem between DX200 w/amp4 and WM1Z.

Dec 17, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #10,477 of 22,021
Get a good quality adapter. What termination do you have now? The AMP4 is superb with the Utopia. Since the AMP4 is the 4.4, Furutech makes a very good 4.4 plug and you have the Pentaconn. There is no reason a cable manufacture can't terminate to that but would need more information.
I just ordered a Silver Draug from Norne Audio with 2.5 mm connector as I ordered the 4.4 adapter from iBasso. This way I will keep my cable ready for other amp modules or DAP in the future.

Dec 17, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #10,478 of 22,021
Yes, to confirm, all my 4.4mm cables and adapters work without a problem between DX200 w/amp4 and WM1Z.

That’s not true.

Thanks guys

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #10,479 of 22,021
Those who listened to both AMP3 and AMP4, could you please elaborate sound differences (with different genres, qualities of the recording, etc) between those 2 amps? I read some comparisons already.. I have AMP3 which I like much better than AMP1, I am wondering what I am missing on AMP4...at expense of loosing balanced LO which might be useful (have to try soon).
My headphones are LCD2 (one of the first revisions), HD800, Denon 7000 (sound wonderful on AMP3), JH Audio Angie.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #10,480 of 22,021

Thanks for your help!
It is correct that the 4.4 of our AMP4 and the WM1Z are wired the same.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 17, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #10,481 of 22,021
Hi All,

I just ordered the DX-200 with AMP 4, IT03,CB13 and CA02.

I will also like to use my Focal Utopia with the DX200. Can anybody give me some good sounding cables suggestions? I'm currently using a 21AWG OCC silver (8 conductors) in my desktop system and I am quite please with it. Unfortunately, my cable maker said that this cable won't fit with the smaller 2.5 mm connector. He suggest me to go with 24AWG but I fear that the sound would be too thin.

So any good recommandations are welcome.

Many thanks.

Where did you order the CA02? I've been checking their site all week and I still don't see it...

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #10,483 of 22,021
Where did you order the CA02? I've been checking their site all week and I still don't see it...
ordered from iBasso dealer. Didn't received anything yet.

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #10,484 of 22,021
Hi All -

I received my DX200 yesterday, and I absolutely love the sound - but have a potentially serious issue.

At the beginning of songs, or when un-pausing, I get a loud pop. This isn't like a click - but more analagous to the sound you hear when you turn on some amplifiers - and sounds loud enough that it could damage the headphones. At first, I thought it was only cause by DSD files. After removing all DSD - ended up getting it occasionally - even if I am switching to a track that has the same sample rate.

I've since returned it and am waiting for a replacement unit tomorrow. Is this a common issue, or is this likely to be a defective unit (meaning is my replacement going to have the same problem)?

I turned on auto-mute which seemed to solve the problem temporarily (though the issue itself is sporadic), but it seems that after restarting the player, even if auto-mute is enabled - it is off - you have to turn it on and off again. I tried factory resetting and reinstalling firmware which did not solve the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #10,485 of 22,021
Hi All -

I received my DX200 yesterday, and I absolutely love the sound - but have a potentially serious issue.

At the beginning of songs, or when un-pausing, I get a loud pop. This isn't like a click - but more analagous to the sound you hear when you turn on some amplifiers - and sounds loud enough that it could damage the headphones. At first, I thought it was only cause by DSD files. After removing all DSD - ended up getting it occasionally - even if I am switching to a track that has the same sample rate.

I've since returned it and am waiting for a replacement unit tomorrow. Is this a common issue, or is this likely to be a defective unit (meaning is my replacement going to have the same problem)?

I turned on auto-mute which seemed to solve the problem temporarily (though the issue itself is sporadic), but it seems that after restarting the player, even if auto-mute is enabled - it is off - you have to turn it on and off again. I tried factory resetting and reinstalling firmware which did not solve the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Haven't had this happen to me - might have been something from the 'AMP module. If it isn't loud enough to impair hearing, you should be fairly good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back