DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP2, AMP3, AMP4 and AMP5. FW 2.7.188

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
Tags:
  1. Whitigir
    Yeah, every digital transportation sounds the same, just as long as it use the same playback app. My apologize, I don’t know anything, beside my pseudo hearings that sometime feels like I do hear the differences

Dobrescu George likes this.
  2. Lurker0
    There are several reason for digital sources to produce different sounds, but not those that you imagined :) Deeper details are off-topic here.

3. Whitigir
    Nothing is off topic, Dx200 is a digital transportation and is a good one at it. Everybody here would like to know more. I know my imagination sucks, period. It judges the Dx200 being a superior Transportation to my Wm1Z as a digital transportation with upgraded docking station and usb cables. I don’t even know why, but honestly, if I could somehow bring this imagination of me out “physically”, I would stab it in the eyes.

How dare it judges the Dx200 being better in digital transport than a player from a well known name such as Sony, and 3x the price, and me being a fan of Sony.

Another funny thing about digital filter is that it literally do nothing, until reboot....yeah, imagination at work.

Honestly speaking, I always use my Wm1z as a Transport into my Stax 009, and T2 amp, because it is worthy of being in there, an expensive marvelous piece (docked and charged together). But whenever I hook up Dx200, I really want to kick the 1Z out of there. On another saying, I keeps Wm1z in the chain because I personally judges it being worthy in there, not the performances. Yeah, I would really stab my imaginations in the eyes

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  4. jamato8 Contributor
    Thought decision. I hope you maintain your eye sight. :^)

5. twister6 Contributor
    Hmm, call me crazy, but using $3,200 DAP mainly as a digital transport is a bit of an overkill :wink:

OK, back to DX200 topic :D

Dobrescu George likes this.
  6. musicor
    Noob question incoming ...
    What would be the best way to hook up the dx200 to an ifi ican pro?
    Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

7. Whitigir
    Without amp module ? Probably Coax or optical, with amp module ? Depends on which one

8. musicor
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I have the amp1 and amp4. As amp1 has a line out, I am guessing that would be the option.
    Any benefits of coax (spdif) vs optical (spdif) vs amp1 (line out)?

9. Whitigir
    Well, you can try it out and see :). Line out is analog Signal from your dx200, Coax or opt is using the DAC inside the IFI to decode into analog

10. Glasha
    When we speak about the DX200 I prefer the sound of SPDIF.

Whitigir likes this.
  11. Whitigir
    Same here :D

12. leftside
    Currently considering this DAP. I'd pair it with either my Shure 846 or CA Vega. Really nice specs on this DAP. I was also considering the Sony W1MA, but they don't publish the output impedance. The OPUS#2 is also in contention, but the DX200 appears to have better specs. The only thing that puts me off this DAP is some reports of the poor and unresponsive UI, but I do see there are fairly regular firmware updates. I'll keep an eye on this thread and start reading some of the earlier threads.

Anyone using this DAP with the Shure 846 or Campfire Audio Vega?

13. Dukebb13
    I have this dap and the Vegas. I now have around 80 hours on the dap and amp3. Biggest change is the bass is finally more full. Even at just 80 hours I am fully happy with my purchase. The sound is very good. I downloaded latest firmware, not beta and installed and all of my problems with hiss is gone. I have played with Android mango app and sound is good also. I have less ticks with sound on pure mango though. The ui in pure mango is a bit slow. At least things turn red so you know you pushed the button and wait a second. Android is faster though. I still don’t have any apps installed, like Spotify or tidal. Any info on downloading apps through wireless would be appreciated. I am not sure if I have to side load. The Vegas sound real good with this dap. Listening to nothingman from Pearl Jam. As soon as it started I stopped typing and just closed my eyes and relaxed. I have the P2 also and was looking at the WM1A also. I know it is a great dap but maybe too close to my P2, so I chose what I though would be a different sound. Very happy with it so far. I received the amp4 today but still waiting on my adapter. After the change in bass I am ok waiting.

Glasha and leftside like this.
  14. leftside
    What 2.5mm TRRS terminated balanced cables are you using with the Vegas and the balanced Amp3? I certainly like the idea of adding amps to change the sound signature.

15. Dukebb13
    I have the Campfire Audio Reference8

robbi22 and leftside like this.