DX200/220 Amp8, MAX and other EX modifications
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #31 of 473
And, for anyone who would love to achieve better extensions in Sub bass with a touchmore mid bass warmth and make it more articulated while more musical. Everything else is very well preserved

ECHU upgrades here

These have no Polar, so no need to worry about it

You just need to pay attentions that the ECHU is plastic film and side casing. You can not grab the ECHU on it side when it is hot, as you will deform it by pressure and ruin the caps. Can only touch by the tinned plate and or top/bottom side

Advised to also use Hot-air station with super low fan speed, steady motions and heat up all of them, take out, and replace all. For those who is more curious about ECHU and soldering techniques, check out the Data-sheets. **no lifting pads** here, but ECHU can melt like chocolate if you grab them on the sides, and also is 1/2 the size of a rice**. These is also a little larger than stock one, you just need to fit it right in on the marking and you are gold

Also, secure your 4.4mm socket. By heating up the whole Palace with hot gun throughout your 4.4mm socket will Fell out of it PCB. I did also clean up the solder here and redone with SS47 as my favorite solder too! Slightly bend-in the legs a bit for better contact-joins too!

**recommended** for people who performed EX on Amp8 and still crave for more musicality, liquidity and flows

Picture is Amp8-EX

ECHU-Links to Mouser

Panasonic PPS is a favorite I use with my DAI / DAC.
(Because the capacity is small, the available space is limited ...)

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #33 of 473
I broke two AMP7 to convince myself.
It takes time and money for trial and error:sweat_smile:
Seems that you use microscope, which can make SMD soldering way easier )) I recently swapped ES9018 to ES9028. The biggest difficulty was to place it properly for all 64 pads)), for soldering I used JBC tips (one 'spoon' type and another with 0.4 mm chisel tip).

Apr 19, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #34 of 473
Seems that you use microscope, which can make SMD soldering way easier )) I recently swapped ES9018 to ES9028. The biggest difficulty was to place it properly for all 64 pads)), for soldering I used JBC tips (one 'spoon' type and another with 0.4 mm chisel tip).
Did you have to upgrade any firmware ? Or it is straight up compatible

Apr 19, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #35 of 473
Did you have to upgrade any firmware ? Or it is straight up compatible

I basically followed up DimDim project on diyaudio on replacing ES9018 chip on Buffalo III DAC, 9018 and 9028 are pin-to-pin compatible, however more powerful AVCC and voltage regulators are required. As for firmware - I yet have to try B3 Pro firmware from Twisted Pear (to see whether it works with a new chip) otherwise Arduino Due board can be used with a firmware written by DimDim.

Apr 23, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #37 of 473

D41r7OOUUAIEQx7.jpg

I'm using a cheap scope for status confirmation.
It is only useful to change the magnification by distance and adjust the focus, but it is useful to have it.

(When shooting with the scope, the shutter button connected to the cable went out to prevent vibration)

The image is a solder reinforcement so that the resistor does not float when replacing the laminated ceramic with ECHU.

Apr 24, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #38 of 473
Wow!!! Guys... You're great. Successfully Whitigir showed me this topic! Thank's Man! I don't have much time now. But on may 1-4 holidays are planned, I will try to carve out a little time and share my experience. And now I want to add my opinion. The capacity in the feed should be increased. I just simply added 200 uF and the bass become thicker and deeper. I removed tantalum without mercy. only electrolyte in the aisle!!! The best sound in amp6 of dx150 nichicon 100 uF 10v. But think 47uF, too, will well, think this not strongly fundamentally, imcho

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #41 of 473
We changed the capacitor of the output part of AMP7 from laminated ceramic to Panasonic ECHU (PPS).
The circle part peeled off Land and exposed the pattern with the cutter and connected it to resistance:confounded:

The sound is good, but somehow I struggle with PPS:grin:

D5U-fiPUEAAP1T7.jpg:large

May 1, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #44 of 473
The image of Whitigir has been uploaded here.
(Expectations are great and I have quoted it for myself)
You can see the refined and upgraded DX200 pattern.

(I changed the contrast to make it easy to see the pattern.
At this stage, the part only knows the capacity of tantalum CAP)

The complex patterns of the DX200 can be seen in the DX220 where the arrangement of parts is organized and the required signal lines are wider.

I think iBasso did a great job. Thank you.

And the Lord of this thread will try to improve it further:grin:
I can not wait for release in my country:sleepy:
D5fNwJyVUAAkVlD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back