DX200/220 Amp8, MAX and other EX modifications
Mar 10, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #271 of 473
cool-thanks! any other comments on the amp7? I assume it's mod-able as I saw that another guy did it. It's just that I have easy-to-drive cans and already have 3.5mm cables. Sonic differences with balanced?

Mike, I messaged you, but in case anyone else is interested:

"Honestly, I would definitely get amp8 and make or get a good balanced cable. The i3 is low impedance but it likes a lot of power, at least the i4 does. Also, the balanced drive is just better even with low impedance phones (dynamics, soundstage)."

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #272 of 473
How do I know if my AMP8W has V3 board or V5 board?

This is an old photo but you'll find the markings at this location:

sm-top.jpeg

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #280 of 473
Yes, both 'allegedly' but i'm not allowed to say.

I 'allegedly' upgraded the dacs in the dx150 and upgraded an AMP6. I'll be doing a lot more soon but won't be sharing instructions on here. Maybe on another forum :wink:
On the Chinese forum I found some instructions for AMP1, AMP3 and AMP8, it says that the architecture of AMP1 and AMP6 is very similar.

Apr 21, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #285 of 473
Ok guys, need help. I've decided to redo my AMP8 mod with different caps. Since then I hear static noise (like RF noise) in left channel. I've returned the pcb to complete stock, cleaned it from any flux leftovers, looked through pcb for solder splashes - nothing.

Any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back