Dutch/ Belgian/ German Headphone Meet 18-11-2012: Photos and Impressions!
Jan 8, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #136 of 208
Lol, congrats dude, and welcome to the club...

Kids are no reason to not have a social life. My social life hasn't changed all that much since I became a dad (ok, so my social life was pretty pathetic even before I became a dad).

But here's some free parenting advice:
- Start to 'condition' your kid to share your hobbies a.s.a.p. My son is 3 years old and already has his own set of (volume limited) headphones. It is awesome to just kick back and relax listening to your music, while your kid is sitting next to you listening to K3s' 'De Politie' on repeat over and over again on his own headphones.
- Have some 'me' time now and then, it will keep you (sort of) sane. Make sure your better half does so as well. Do try to coordinate your 'me' time a little between the 2 of you, especially in the 1st year kids do not respond very well to neglect.
- Have some 'we' time now and then, A kid means that the 2 of you are (in some way or another) condemned to eachother. 'we' time will make sure that you can either keep the love alive a little or at least have an opportunity to fight without the kid having to witness it. So drop the kid off at the grandparents now and then (although it can be tempting to hire a local junk for a babysitter as they work cheap, but this is usually frowned upon by the community) and go do something fun with just the 2 of you.

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #138 of 208
I'd be there
smily_headphones1.gif

Count me in!

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #139 of 208
I'd really like to attend another meet. I haven't heard any of the Hifiman or Audeze sets at all and I'd like to try them on.

I also have a Stax SR-007 Mk1 on the way, which I'd like to bring and try on a KGSS/HV, BH(SE) or something else like that. Or to let people listen to it. Either way, I'd love to come!

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #140 of 208
We already have 5 interested already:)

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #143 of 208
Group is steadlily growing :D

OMG what did i start up again? :veryevil:

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #144 of 208
Heerlen? Sounds fine.
I love stupidly long train rides :p

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #147 of 208
Lubeck-Heerlen is a 7 hour train ride according to Google maps. For me it's about a third of that, and I still think it's way too far. :p
b
Ur dutch..and for us dutch people even a two hours drive in our tiny country is almost considered a long journey :D

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #148 of 208
Lubeck-Heerlen is a 7 hour train ride according to Google maps. For me it's about a third of that, and I still think it's way too far.
tongue.gif

I guess I would tackle this odyssey if the venue doesn't change to a place that is a bit more north :/

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #150 of 208
I guess I would tackle this odyssey if the venue doesn't change to a place that is a bit more north :/

It would be fun to have a really benelux meeting with guys and girls coming from all countries around us :D

I for sure will come..my new headphone will be delivered tomorrow i saw just now...so 1 part of my rig is in...my amp is still being built..hope to have it in february..as its being completely handbuilt to the specs to drive a he6 at its best..but the builder keeps on having new ideas to improve the amp while he is building it..he said its his petproject..so its sort of his hobbyproject...and as that guy is crazy with his innovative ideas (he made a dual monoblock endamps in two lady PUMPS!.only because he wanted to.....so i hope i wont get an amp powered by a huge pacemaker cooled by synthetic blood...but never say never.. :D. Nevertheless i need some time to burn it in as its totally opamp based!

So i hope the meet is after march :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back