Durable iems for a metal head
Jan 20, 2011 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

morizuno

New Head-Fier
Budget is MAX 200$, no more or it'll kill me being a student.

I need something as durable as possible, not something that'll short if I wear them when it's raining.

The bands I mainly listen to is the black tide, night wish, hammerfall, powerglove, sonata arctica, sienna skies, underoath, and a couple more that have the similar sounds.

Since I'll be wearing them in school, they'll have to survive a couple tugs and drops a long the way. I don't mind replacing the cable if I don't have to do it once a week or something.

I'm considering the TF10s as they seem to be highly recommended, but they're durability and build quality somewhat concern me. I'm also considering the Klipsch custom 3s but people have been complaining about cable kinking.

Just want to hear your thoughts, will be using these with high quality mp3s and a sansa fuze.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 8
Would like some replies...

I'm currently considering the Normal Turbines as well a long with Klipsch custom 3s. Torn since there is so much on the market/ Q Jays don't seem that bad either

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 8
If you're looking for a bit of a humped low end response ot of the Klipsch for metal, I don't think it'd be that suitable in my opinion o.O

Even the Meelec M6 has a more suitable sound for metal to me.

However, this is just my opinion, different people would get different mileages methinks =)

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 8
Not really a metal listener unfortunately n.n;

Other members here would probably have much more useful feedback =)

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Would like some replies...

I'm currently considering the Normal Turbines as well a long with Klipsch custom 3s. Torn since there is so much on the market/ Q Jays don't seem that bad either

I don't listen to metal as much so I won't be able to give you some recommendations for metal.

But I've had the turbines and I don't think they'd survive being tugged.  Wires seem weak to me.  Although they do have a good warranty so you can probably get them repaired/replaced easily if you break them

as for other durable iems, I heard the hje900 are virtually indestructible, and they also have detachable cables so you can replace those if you break them.  I also read that meelec m11 has a nice solid build and a lot of people are recommending these for gym use.  Both of these are bassy though and I'm not sure whether bassy iems would fit metal nicely or not.

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxhXrOaMGk&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Here's a link of what I listen to. I can't here any bass at all using my razer charcarias (soon to be replaced)

I like bass, but drums and guitar more. So I really don't like it when the bass overpowers those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back