Durability of Q-Jays?
Dec 3, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #16 of 21
I've been very happy with my q-jays over the past year. No cable problems at all. I agree, the cable is a little long. I stuff the extra cord into my gym shorts and it hasn't been an issue for me. The cable has gotten a little "coily" since I keep it coiled when not in use.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rakster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been very happy with my q-jays over the past year. No cable problems at all. I agree, the cable is a little long. I stuff the extra cord into my gym shorts and it hasn't been an issue for me. The cable has gotten a little "coily" since I keep it coiled when not in use.

Are you wearing them over the ear? Discussion on the q-Jays forum is definitely showing issues if worn in this way but this may be a small number of people.

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 21
No, I don't ever wear them over the ear. I've tried it but it feels wierd to me. Probably why I had problems with fit before the foam tips. Now no problem at all, even wearing them at the gym. Before I'd get a good fit, but I'd constantly need to readjust them.

I should also mention that I've had no problems with microphonics whatsoever. I wear the cable under my shirt whenever possible. If I beat on my shirt, I hear it, but otherwise not at all.

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #19 of 21
I love my q jays.
they have lots of microphonics so wearing them over the ear is much better
also the cable feels very sturdy and have had no problems with them
and about the filter, i change them like once a month which doesnt bother me. i think people that complain about how often u gotta change the filter don't keep their ears clean
tongue.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rakster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should also mention that I've had no problems with microphonics whatsoever. I wear the cable under my shirt whenever possible. If I beat on my shirt, I hear it, but otherwise not at all.

It might be a good idea to wear an undershirt between your skin and your IEM cable (if you don't already). Cables have been known to become "brittle" from natural skin oils the body produces.
darthsmile.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by schizo1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and about the filter, i change them like once a month which doesnt bother me. i think people that complain about how often u gotta change the filter don't keep their ears clean
tongue.gif

My ears are clean enough! I change the filters like once a fortnight (assuming my iPod is working and I actually use my Q-Jays), but this is actually because the filters don't clog evenly; my right ear seems to create more wax than the other. It's actually getting really annoying and I think I'll look into that cleaning technique.

As far as the cord goes, I usually wear these over ear, but I've only had them for 3 months. So far, it's holding up fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back