Dunu-Topsound Studio?
Nov 20, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #331 of 664
Had my delivery of the SA6 this morning, and sounding lovely with the R8. I'm using Acoustune AET08a tips with gives it a slightly deeper bass and Penon OSG cable...such a good combo. I'm impressed with the balance and think the bass sounds pretty much spot on without going overboard and the IEM has a nice bit of musicality without sacrifing technicalities. Coming from the Mest, Volt and Fusion, it holds up really nicely...great value for money!

I was also really surprised by how small they were, plus how comfortable. I was worried about the short stem but needn't be as they are a great fit, especially seeing how my right ear is always very picky!

Big thank you to Andrew at MusicTeck for a great service as per usual, and managed to get a lovely blue faceplate too.

SA6.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #332 of 664
@vilhelm44 I love that R8/OSG/SA6 combo agreed and the blue on your shells :heart_eyes: if you can take further pics :)

Nov 20, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #334 of 664
DM8 seems to be using the same vented Sonion woofer as the SA6, but it's just the single woofer vs 2 of them on the SA6. Positioned at a lower level than the SA6 IMO. Speaking of woofers, SA6's bass response caught me off-guard with the switch flicked on. They sound close to a well-tuned DD with the slam and dynamics. It does lack the texture and gut-wrenching rumble of some of the bassy DD drivers I've heard/owned but they don't sound like BA bass for the most part and I consider that a huge positive for my tastes.
Bass sounding that way is also an advantage for me ...... Are there other IEMs that have bass sounding that way? Or in any case with the same low range of the SA, perhaps with a higher quality in general also on the other ranges?

Nov 20, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #335 of 664
I received my SA6 yesterday and was very pleased with the color (which I will post pix later). Unfortunately, with my ear anatomy, I am only able to successfully use large shallow fit tips. I found that none of my tip stash gave a secure fit that provided an adequate seal. I first blamed the problem on the short nozzle but after a lot of fiddling, I discovered that the hefty cable was the culprit.
I wish Dunu had adapted the 17th Anniv. cable for use with the SA6 as it is quite supple and performs superbly.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #336 of 664
Just got mine in today as well. I had requested a green & yellow faceplate from Linsoul and they seemed to be able to accommodate it, but I still ended up with a mix of yellow, orange & blue instead; still beautiful. Will post pics later. I don't think it's possible to get an "ugly" SA6.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #337 of 664
Mine arrived today! First, a picture:

Secondly, they fit into my ears perfectly with the tips already on as they arrived but I’ll be playing around with some others later.

I may like the sound more with the switches set to “1” but need more time.

Anyone have a spare size small of those Acoustunes 08 tips they’d sell me?

Lastly, the cable is mostly great but I find the top of my left ear just where the cable touches it as the loop over starts exerts a bit more pressure than is comfortable. Any suggestions? Maybe I just need to bend back the cable a bit so it doesn’t curl so tight?

Attachments

• 17148E71-135C-4C61-97E0-F70013112EDB.jpeg
    17148E71-135C-4C61-97E0-F70013112EDB.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #339 of 664
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #340 of 664
When did you all order your SA6? I ordered mine on the 8th, and they have yet to ship from Linsoul. I get the 11/11 rush and delays, but I'm starting to get a little annoyed over here.

Nov 21, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #341 of 664
Mine arrived today! First, a picture:

Secondly, they fit into my ears perfectly with the tips already on as they arrived but I’ll be playing around with some others later.

I may like the sound more with the switches set to “1” but need more time.

Anyone have a spare size small of those Acoustunes 08 tips they’d sell me?

Lastly, the cable is mostly great but I find the top of my left ear just where the cable touches it as the loop over starts exerts a bit more pressure than is comfortable. Any suggestions? Maybe I just need to bend back the cable a bit so it doesn’t curl so tight?

If I had a small Acoustunes 08a size, I'd send you some but onlu have large I'm afraid. It's worth picking some up though, they work a treat.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #343 of 664
When did you all order your SA6? I ordered mine on the 8th, and they have yet to ship from Linsoul. I get the 11/11 rush and delays, but I'm starting to get a little annoyed over here.

I ordered the same day as you. I received initial tracking info on the 17th. From there it took only 3 days to leave their warehouse in mainland China to HK to clearing customs/NY & I received it on the 20th. Have you reached out to Linsoul? They were pretty responsive when I emailed them about the faceplates.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #344 of 664
I purposely avoided listening to these last night as I needed some much needed sleep & didn’t want to get sucked into a late night listening session (as impressions/reviews suggested I would), but I’ve had these in my ears since waking this morning and I am loving them. Decided I’d ease into the day so I put Agnes Obel on shuffle (FiiO M15 on SE); left-right stereo imaging, instrument separation, resolution & staging are excellent. Will try other artists/genres later as Agnes Obel tends to be more intimate as opposed to concert staging. On a related note, I had no issues using these in bed, even on my side. I notice with most IEMs I tend to get some cutoff on whichever side/ear I happen to be laying on; the venting on the SA6 seems to help.

Should also add that my other IEM-of-the-moment (yeah, I have too many) is the EE Hero. Compared to the SA6 it can sound bright at times. It’s a testament to the all-BA SA6 that it can sound more organic than the Hero with its hybrid setup.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #345 of 664
I ordered the same day as you. I received initial tracking info on the 17th. From there it took only 3 days to leave their warehouse in mainland China to HK to clearing customs/NY & I received it on the 20th. Have you reached out to Linsoul? They were pretty responsive when I emailed them about the faceplates.

Thanks for the info! I contacted them 3 days ago, and they told me they'd ship it right away. But, the status hasn't changed from 'order confirmed.' I will give it some more time, but it's going to be hard waiting for these earphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back