Dunu-Topsound Studio?
Nov 18, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #317 of 664
Will it be in the sub 650 USD range and what kind of bass response are you going for? :raising_hand: :thinking:

Now you're just fishing for answers. We'll announce pricing and start pre-orders in December. Perhaps another discussion thread can be opened on ZEN.

What kind of bass response are you looking for?

Will the ZEN have anything in common with the SA6?
Obviously on an engineering and construction level they are two different ems, but I wanted to know if the low range of the Zen was oriented towards an important presence or if control was always preferred to the depth and the presence of the same low range.

In terms of tuning philosophy, ZEN strives for balance. Control takes priority over presence but both were taken into account.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Nov 18, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #318 of 664
Now you're just fishing for answers. We'll announce pricing and start pre-orders in December. Perhaps another discussion thread can be opened on ZEN.

True that! :L3000: :grimacing: Thanks for the info so far. I guess I'm mostly just curious of what a well-made single-DD IEM could bring to the table for me, but Luna is outside the range of what I'm willing to pay. So Zen might be an idea for 2021 and beyond, we'll see. In terms of bass response, I'm mostly interested in mid bass texture, timbre and responsiveness to EQ, specifically Goa trance and psybient, but certainly for a wider range of genres and styles as well and that's where this one might have a lot to offer.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #319 of 664
specifically Goa trance and psybient, but certainly for a wider range of genres and styles as well and that's where this one might have a lot to offer.
Try the Falcon C. Superb with all EDM. One of the most capable alround IEM's produced by DUNU

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #320 of 664

In terms of tuning philosophy, ZEN strives for balance. Control takes priority over presence but both were taken into account.
I've had many many iems in the past but never have I had one that completely satisfies my needs. I am looking for an iem that portrays male vocals immensely without sacrificing technicalities, details or speed. My best iem to date is nm2+ with the best technicalities, details and speed I've heard yet from a single DD but it lacks note weight and I find male vocals less emotional due to this. Will climbing up the price ladder give me this or this just another detailed iem with less body?

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #321 of 664
I've had many many iems in the past but never have I had one that completely satisfies my needs. I am looking for an iem that portrays male vocals immensely without sacrificing technicalities, details or speed. My best iem to date is nm2+ with the best technicalities, details and speed I've heard yet from a single DD but it lacks note weight and I find male vocals less emotional due to this. Will climbing up the price ladder give me this or this just another detailed iem with less body?

When I receive my SA6, I will do some comparisons for you between the NM2+, Volt and SA6.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #322 of 664
When I receive my SA6, I will do some comparisons for you between the NM2+, Volt and SA6.
Reading about SA6 looks quite similar to Volt, anyway my friend @fabio19 sent me SA6 and tomorrow I’ll be able to compare it with Volt🤩.
Did Anyone compare SA6 or Volt with Luna?

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #323 of 664
True that! :L3000: :grimacing: Thanks for the info so far. I guess I'm mostly just curious of what a well-made single-DD IEM could bring to the table for me, but Luna is outside the range of what I'm willing to pay. So Zen might be an idea for 2021 and beyond, we'll see. In terms of bass response, I'm mostly interested in mid bass texture, timbre and responsiveness to EQ, specifically Goa trance and psybient, but certainly for a wider range of genres and styles as well and that's where this one might have a lot to offer.

We've got a train of single DD models in development, all based around ECLIPSE driver technology (i.e. LUNA driver construction techniques, plus a new Tesla magnet system).

If you wish to limit your budget to the sub-$200 range, you may need to wait until the second half of 2021 for anything from us.

Try the Falcon C. Superb with all EDM. One of the most capable alround IEM's produced by DUNU

We discontinued the FALCON-C this year, and have no more in the factory. The follow-up will come some time next year, most likely in the latter half of the year.

So for people interested in the FALCON-C, only retailers with residual stock will be able to offer it.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Nov 19, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #324 of 664
We've got a train of single DD models in development, all based around ECLIPSE driver technology (i.e. LUNA driver construction techniques, plus a new Tesla magnet system).

If you wish to limit your budget to the sub-$200 range, you may need to wait until the second half of 2021 for anything from us.

Cool, that's why we're here, curious about your upcoming ventures :ksc75smile: Not sure if the budget thing was intended to me or in general, but I'll be mostly looking at offerings in the 300-700 $/€ range.

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #325 of 664
So I recently got the TSMR-10 about the same time I got the SA6 and I have to say the SA6 holds up extremely well against an earphone that cost double. This is a case where more drivers don't mean more sound.

I have grown fond of the whole package on the SA6 and I think for folks that just got them or considering getting them. The SA6 is outstanding in the price range. Been enjoying my time with them for certain. I also appreciate that the SA6 is not a hiss magnet.

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #327 of 664
I'm kinda sorta curious about a comparison between the DK-4001 (which I've heard and enjoyed, albeit with, to me, audible treble roll-off) and SA6. Methinks treble-sensitive peeps would, in the very least, not find the 4001 objectionable.

Nov 19, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #329 of 664
For all this talk of transparency I do find the Lunas surprisingly forgiving of badly recorded albums, high frequencies are a tad smoothed out already so its mostly midrange shoutiness to be watched for. That's certainly an area where the Lunas leave nothing to the imagination and for this reason I find them nearly impossible to listen to passively, and as you can probably guess this makes them revealing of differences between sources.
This is one of the highlights of the Luna for me. Many Rock/Metal albums with subpar mastering were very enjoyable on the Luna. Can't say the same for InEar ProPhile 8, for example. Most interesting was the instrument separation on those tracks/albums. Despite the poor mastering and in some cases compressed dynamic range, the instrument separation remained top-notch on the Luna. Things never blurred into each other, and distortion guitars were highlights. The mid-range "shine" did become bothersome on two/three albums that I tried (all were female vocals) but I'd personally make that trade-off for a more satisfying rendition of distortion guitars.
We discontinued the FALCON-C this year, and have no more in the factory. The follow-up will come some time next year, most likely in the latter half of the year.
The Falcon-C was rather underrated. One of the best technical single-DDs under $200 for me (tied with the MeeAudio Pinnacle P1). Hope the successor retains the technical ability and further refines it.
I'm kinda sorta curious about a comparison between the DK-4001 (which I've heard and enjoyed, albeit with, to me, audible treble roll-off) and SA6. Methinks treble-sensitive peeps would, in the very least, not find the 4001 objectionable.
I've heard the DK-4001 a few times. Frankly, the SA6 outresolves the DK-4001 in terms of sheer detail retrieval. Imaging is also a strong suit of the SA6. The DK-4001 does have a wider staging, but stage depth isn't much different between them. The bass response was more textured on the DK-4001 but impact and slam is surprisingly good on the SA6 with the bass switch on. I'd pick the SA6 and even the DK-3001 Pro over the DK-4001 most of the times tbh, similar level of technicalities (DK-3001Pro) or even better (SA6) at a lower price.
Apparent competitor, wood carved:
DM8 seems to be using the same vented Sonion woofer as the SA6, but it's just the single woofer vs 2 of them on the SA6. Positioned at a lower level than the SA6 IMO. Speaking of woofers, SA6's bass response caught me off-guard with the switch flicked on. They sound close to a well-tuned DD with the slam and dynamics. It does lack the texture and gut-wrenching rumble of some of the bassy DD drivers I've heard/owned but they don't sound like BA bass for the most part and I consider that a huge positive for my tastes.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #330 of 664
SA6 arrived today, thank you @fabio19 for share it!

Attachments

• FA9C1F4F-663E-4DC0-B097-222453EDD2CF.jpeg
    FA9C1F4F-663E-4DC0-B097-222453EDD2CF.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back