Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Sep 28, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #2,986 of 3,012
Sounds like your ears don't get along with the treble. I don't get any harshness/peaks at all.

I have leaned toward smoother treble signatures for the past few years but in general I've been quite treble tolerant (no need to do so, but if you look at my posts from 5 years ago you'll see I had a preference for pretty bright signatures. This is all besides the point though. As long as you don't think it's too bright or spiky then it's a good thing of course!

I don't have that many Single DD IEMs. The other two are around the same price range.

Your missing out man! just listened to Dunu's limited edition single DD. It's a revelation! I like it better than the Dita models.

Also, the modded JVC FD01 and FDX1 are highly impressive. Highly recommended.

Sep 28, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #2,987 of 3,012
Your missing out man! just listened to Dunu's limited edition single DD. It's a revelation! I like it better than the Dita models.

Also, the modded JVC FD01 and FDX1 are highly impressive. Highly recommended.

I'm officially jealous - would love to get a chance to hear the single DD model, but not sure if any of the 200-odd models will ever surface on this side on the pond! What does it sound like in terms of tuning?

Loving the T6 - for @Niyologist, you may want to try the A&K/Beyerdynamic AKT8ie or Campfire Audio Atlas if you want to see how the T6 competes against the big guns in the single DD flagship space for bass reproduction. Been a bit behind on my reviews due to a few unfortunate family things going on, but hoping to have reviews of the T6 and Hulk out shortly - got a boatload of competing DD comparisons in there so far (Flares Pro2 HD, Periodic BE, Atlas and Final E5000) so hopefully that should turn out well. :wink:

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #2,988 of 3,012
Loving the T6 - for @Niyologist, you may want to try the A&K/Beyerdynamic AKT8ie or Campfire Audio Atlas if you want to see how the T6 competes against the big guns in the single DD flagship space for bass reproduction. Been a bit behind on my reviews due to a few unfortunate family things going on, but hoping to have reviews of the T6 and Hulk out shortly - got a boatload of competing DD comparisons in there so far (Flares Pro2 HD, Periodic BE, Atlas and Final E5000) so hopefully that should turn out well. :wink:

I can try those out in next year's Can Jam. My DX150 will be fully operational by then.

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #2,990 of 3,012
Sep 29, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #2,991 of 3,012
There is significally better beryllium IEM on market for the similar price, but ...only available in Poland - Aune E1. I have both T6 and E1

https://audeos.pl/pl/p/Aune-E1-etui-HC1-sluchawki-dokanalowe-z-berylowa-membrana/743

In what way is it significantly better? This is the first time I've heard of Aune releasing an In-Ear. Being that Aune is a DAC, amp, and DAP manufacturer, chances are this product is a subcontracted one, so the key is finding out who makes it for them and whether they have the chops to make a quality product.

I'm officially jealous - would love to get a chance to hear the single DD model, but not sure if any of the 200-odd models will ever surface on this side on the pond! What does it sound like in terms of tuning?

Oh man, I think it's my favorite Dunu model so far. I know you like the 4001, so you'll definitely like the limited model. It has that really realistic timbre and the same excellent sub-bass extension. The bass quantity itself is a tiny bit greater than the 4001's, and not quite as tight, but is still really nice. What is really impressive though, is the super natural soundstage. Upper mid-range presence is better as well. Imaging sounds more natural because of the lack of specific treble peaks. Overall, it's just super impressive. There's supposed to be a mass produced version of it coming next year so while different metals well impart different ringing patterns on the waterfall plot, the mass produced version should still sound extremely similar to the limited edition version.

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #2,992 of 3,012
In what way is it significantly better? This is the first time I've heard of Aune releasing an In-Ear. Being that Aune is a DAC, amp, and DAP manufacturer, chances are this product is a subcontracted one, so the key is finding out who makes it for them and whether they have the chops to make a quality product.

Hard to believe. Two years old and if that good we might have heard more about them. Perhaps it is just synergy with a device that has certainly made one earphone jump up over another but may not be the case over the long haul. Search on here brings up a member who said the Macaw GT600s and E1 are on par with each other or to quote "as good as" each other. Never saw the E1 be anything more than very good but not notable that they should be significantly better than the T6 unless the T6 is a disappointment :)

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #2,993 of 3,012
@tomscy2000 @jant71 Why is available only in Poland ? – I don’t know. We can ask Aune :ksc75smile: In Poland it is one of the most popular and praised IEM’s in 100-200$ price range.

In 2019 I’ve tried Campfire Comet, Ikko OH1, Dunu Titan-6 and E1 is the best all-rounder. This is not about synergy of E1 with my source. The only one that played good in every source I’ve tried: Radsone ES100, SMSL M2 (warmer sources) Topping NX4 DSD, Xduoo X3 (colder sources), Galaxy S7 (weaker source).
If any needs synergy or EQ that is Titan-6. I admit there are good, but most difficult of all I mentioned. Without EQ is hard to listen on higher volumes. Midbass is too much present and higher mids are too shouty. IMHO high hats, cymbals, strigs, piano are definetly more natural on E1. Also no need to EQ. On T6 highest frequencies are splashy and less clear (over 200 hours of play).
E1 is little less mid forward than T6 and less fatiguing. Lowest bass is more present and extended on T6 (bigger driver), but on E1 bass overall is quicker and more accurate.
T6 is clearly better in ergonomic terms – good secure in ear, mmcx, good tangle-free cable with rubber strap and chin slider. Even T6 are heavier it fits better to my small ears.
E1 cable is fixed, tangles much more and looks flimsy but… it is 25 OFC wires and strengthen by Kevlar core.

Sep 30, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #2,994 of 3,012
Cool, maybe it is better. Problem is it seems is not too many are interested in either T6 or E1. T6 is cheaper and has the ability to swap cables if you want to try to push it more neutral and quicker like the E1. E1 hasn't taken hold in two years here and for $150+ and fixed cable and way to hard to get hold of and to worry about warranty so it is a lost cause, sorry to say. I've had a couple i wanted to champion that never were and did not take hold.

Oct 1, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #2,995 of 3,012
IMAG3174.jpg
Dunu Titan 6 and Aune E1

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #2,997 of 3,012
I'll have the Titan 6 review up later on today.
Excellent, my T6 is in transit yet, the order comes from China, and the shipment is delayed, I waited like a month, so I hope it doesn't take much time longer, I'm surviving with a Xiaomi MI Hibryd pro, and for the price are a really good earphones

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #2,999 of 3,012
I'm still waiting :)

Sorry. I've been swamped with other reviews.

I found the Titan 6 to be V-Shaped. I'll go further into detail next week.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #3,000 of 3,012
Sorry. I've been swamped with other reviews.

I found the Titan 6 to be V-Shaped. I'll go further into detail next week.
Yes, definetly V-shaped. Quite good but too much pump in midbas and too shouty vocals/higher midrange. Cymbals little blunt and quite unnatural piano. My overall SQ score in up to 200$ price range - 6,5/10
But build and fit 9/10 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back