Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jul 5, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #1,922 of 3,012
I just want to thank @H20Fidelity for lending me his Titan 1. I may have held on to them a bit too long but that's only because they are one of my most admired pair of IEMs. So I think it's just right that I drop by to express my views on them. I thought of writing a review, but I feel that there's too many of them that it'll just be redundant.

The tuning that Dunu has done with the Titan 1 is nothing short of magnificent. I can throw any type of genre and it didn't matter. They all sounded great regardless of the source used. There were some complaints regarding sibilance but personally I haven't had any similar issue. I did however experience sibilance only when a proper seal wasn't achieved. Other than that, I am truly happy with my time with the Titan 1. If i were to lose everything else in this hobby and left with just the Titan 1, I'll still be ok. Just a testament on how satisfying these IEMs can be. I don't have a personal pair yet, but I will be purchasing them in the near future. 

Well done Dunu, this IS your best tuned IEM. Really, the balance is amazing.

Jul 5, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,923 of 3,012
  I just want to thank @H20Fidelity for lending me his Titan 1. I may have held on to them a bit too long but that's only because they are one of my most admired pair of IEMs. So I think it's just right that I drop by to express my views on them. I thought of writing a review, but I feel that there's too many of them that it'll just be redundant.

The tuning that Dunu has done with the Titan 1 is nothing short of magnificent. I can throw any type of genre and it didn't matter. They all sounded great regardless of the source used. There were some complaints regarding sibilance but personally I haven't had any similar issue. I did however experience sibilance only when a proper seal wasn't achieved. Other than that, I am truly happy with my time with the Titan 1. If i were to lose everything else in this hobby and left with just the Titan 1, I'll still be ok. Just a testament on how satisfying these IEMs can be. I don't have a personal pair yet, but I will be purchasing them in the near future. 

Nice one mate! Please do write a review. I'd like to hear you full thoughts of them. Plus, there's never too many reviews. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #1,924 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
Hopefully the A73's have a little more Bass and don't come unglued when you throw the power needed to drive them along with a Volume and Bass boost like the Havi's did. I was using GOOD equipment and recordings at 320 Kbps, so it wasn't any fault of the source. Note: I'm NOT a Basshead, I just need some.

They actually distorted, (the Havis), from EDM under the conditions forementioned, and the Volume was NOT excessive, which are an Immediate Deal Breaker for me and I sold them. Too bad because at low Volume they were a very nice pair of phones, SQ-wise.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #1,925 of 3,012

smily_headphones1.gif
Hopefully the A73's have a little more Bass and don't come unglued when you throw the power needed to drive them along with a Volume and Bass boost like the Havi's did. I was using GOOD equipment and recordings at 320 Kbps, so it wasn't any fault of the source. Note: I'm NOT a Basshead, I just need some.

They actually distorted, (the Havis), from EDM under the conditions forementioned, and the Volume was NOT excessive, which are an Immediate Deal Breaker for me and I sold them. Too bad because at low Volume they were a very nice pair of phones, SQ-wise.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

The A73 has way more bass than the Havi.

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,926 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
That wouldn't be Hard. They EQ'd the Havis so Flat and Precise that the "AUDIOPHILES" loved them.

THEY were just plain BORING to me.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,927 of 3,012
I just want to thank @H20Fidelity
 for lending me his Titan 1. I may have held on to them a bit too long but that's only because they are one of my most admired pair of IEMs. So I think it's just right that I drop by to express my views on them. I thought of writing a review, but I feel that there's too many of them that it'll just be redundant.

Yea! If there's one honest review - this would be it. I don't think 270$ is easily justified for a decent iem like Dn2000 as great as it sounds. Dunu outdid themselves with the Titans - they can really compete with the 200-300$ tier iems.

I'm just curious as to how the compare with the aurisonics rockets and A73 (which is well documented in the last few pages). I only wished there were more activity on the fidue thread... FR graph wold be nice.

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,930 of 3,012
:) Hopefully the A73's have a little more Bass and don't come unglued when you throw the power needed to drive them along with a Volume and Bass boost like the Havi's did. I was using GOOD equipment and recordings at 320 Kbps, so it wasn't any fault of the source. Note: I'm NOT a Basshead, I just need some.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

A73 has more bass than both.

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,931 of 3,012
Yea! If there's one honest review - this would be it. I don't think 270$ is easily justified for a decent iem like Dn2000 as great as it sounds. Dunu outdid themselves with the Titans - they can really compete with the 200-300$ tier iems.

I'm just curious as to how the compare with the aurisonics rockets and A73 (which is well documented in the last few pages). I only wished there were more activity on the fidue thread... FR graph wold be nice.

On value - yes. But I'd disagree that the 2000 doesn't justify its price. Personally I'd call both the 2000 and 2000J well worth it - with better definition and base quality than the Titan. I just think the Titan is one of those IEMs which punches far above its price point.

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #1,932 of 3,012

I have an FR graph in my review of both A65 and A73.

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #1,934 of 3,012
On value - yes. But I'd disagree that the 2000 doesn't justify its price. Personally I'd call both the 2000 and 2000J well worth it - with better definition and base quality than the Titan. I just think the Titan is one of those IEMs which punches far above its price point.

It depends on what you compared with. But anyway, that's fine if the buyer feels happen. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #1,935 of 3,012
It depends on what you compared with. But anyway, that's fine if the buyer feels happen. 

Everything I've heard is in my profile. But the comparison was 2000/2000J and Titan. I have all 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back