Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jan 18, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #121 of 3,012
Please allow me to join the Titan club 
cool.gif

Membership number: 01116

As for the membership requirement, here is my early impression of DUNU Titan 1, out of the box (before burn-in), using iBasso DX90 as player:

Fun and likeable tuning. Rather V shape, but with full sounding midrange. Mild to moderate emphasize on bass and mid-bass, for engaging bass and full bodied vocal. Some emphasize (moderate peak) around 9-10 kHz to boost clarity. The result is good and fun bass, full bodied vocal, with some extra clarity. From all the stock tips, at the moment the medium bore, red core eartips sounds best for me. First impression is positive, and I quite like the sonic character of the Titan 1.  This is just an early impression.  Now Titan 1 goes to my burn-in chamber.  I will post some updates in the next few days.

popcorn.gif

Many thanks to DUNU for the review sample!

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #122 of 3,012
Quote:
  Please allow me to join the Titan club 
cool.gif

Membership number: 01116

As for the membership requirement, here is my early impression of DUNU Titan 1, out of the box (before burn-in), using iBasso DX90 as player:

Fun and likeable tuning. Rather V shape, but with full sounding midrange. Mild to moderate emphasize on bass and mid-bass, for engaging bass and full bodied vocal. Some emphasize (moderate peak) around 9-10 kHz to boost clarity. The result is good and fun bass, full bodied vocal, with some extra clarity. From all the stock tips, at the moment the medium bore, red core eartips sounds best for me. First impression is positive, and I quite like the sonic character of the Titan 1.  This is just an early impression.  Now Titan 1 goes to my burn-in chamber.  I will post some updates in the next few days.

popcorn.gif

Many thanks to DUNU for the review sample!

Hey there, when you get a chance you also give a comparison w/ the CKR9 aswell

Thanks. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #123 of 3,012
Hey there, when you get a chance you also give a comparison w/ the CKR9 aswell

I don't have CKR9, but will do some comparison when I have the chance to compare them in a local headphone shop.
I do feel, the recent CKR9 that I tried in various places, seem to sound brighter than the version I reviewed earlier. But I cannot confirm this, since I don't have the early demo unit that I use for review. It is just from memory, the newer batch seems to sound brighter.

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #124 of 3,012
Just got some of these and very impressed. Somewhat fun and exciting, but also very detailed and quite smooth. I am detecting a very slight upper mid/lower treble boost which is just a little bit sibilant though. Hopefully it will go away with a bit of burn in. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #125 of 3,012
  Just got some of these and very impressed. Somewhat fun and exciting, but also very detailed and quite smooth. I am detecting a very slight upper mid/lower treble boost which is just a little bit sibilant though. Hopefully it will go away with a bit of burn in. 

50 hrs of burn in and they are golden! I meant, titanium
biggrin.gif
  still a bit cold and close to being analytical, but smoother in comparison to out of the box performance.

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #126 of 3,012
You guys and your burn-in ....... 
biggrin.gif

Just let your brain get used to the signature.  
  Just got some of these and very impressed. Somewhat fun and exciting, but also very detailed and quite smooth. I am detecting a very slight upper mid/lower treble boost which is just a little bit sibilant though.

There is a small peak at around 3 kHz and another one at around 6-7 kHz.  My bet is it's the second one that you might be experiencing the sibilance with

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #127 of 3,012
You guys and your burn-in ....... :D

Just let your brain get used to the signature.  

There is a small peak at around 3 kHz and another one at around 6-7 kHz.  My bet is it's the second one that you might be experiencing the sibilance with

FWIW, Vivian from Dunu stated that the Titan's need about 200 hours to reach their full potential.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #129 of 3,012
I just received my Titans earlier this morning! I can say that I am quite impressed with the packaging and overall build quality. Given the generous selection of tips, I quickly found a set that provided a perfect fit.

Preliminary impressions using some of my .wav test files and desktop amplifier are very positive. I look forward to further testing with a variety of sources both with and without external amps.

I am also especially pleased that they pair very nicely with my Tera-Player! It will be interesting to hear any changes that might result from the recommended break-in time.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #130 of 3,012
FWIW, Vivian from Dunu stated that the Titan's need about 200 hours to reach their full potential.

And again - people will believe what they want to believe.  I've personally never heard any dynamic or BA physically change in all the testing I've ever done.  If you talk to the Shure engineers, they state that none of their IEMs (including the 215 dynamic) change over time.  Fail to see how these would be any different.  Real full size speakers break in because of a change in the physical element (the spider).  Micro dynamics don't have one.

If someone can show me documented and repeatable proof, I'll change my mind.  So far all there has been is anecdotal evidence.

But let's not get into a debate on burn-in.  I'm not a believer.  Others are welcome to be though 
smile.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #131 of 3,012
I just received my Titans earlier this morning! I can say that I am quite impressed with the packaging and overall build quality. Given the generous selection of tips, I quickly found a set that provided a perfect fit.

Preliminary impressions using some of my .wav test files and desktop amplifier are very positive. I look forward to further testing with a variety of sources both with and without external amps.

I am also especially pleased that they pair very nicely with my Tera-Player! It will be interesting to see any changes that might result from the recommended break-in time.

Yep - whole package screams high quality.  Look forward to your thoughts as you spend more time with them.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #132 of 3,012
My review marathon continues... Just posted Titan 1 review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12418

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #134 of 3,012

Hows the Titan 1 w/ when paired w/ E12A & Cayin C5. 

I haven't tested T1 paired up with amps because I found it wasn't necessary.  T1 is very efficient and easy to drive from my X5, N6, or Note 4.  But given a choice between E12A and C5, I would probably go with C5 since it's warmer and adds more sub-bass with its bass boost, something T1 can benefit from (for my taste, that is).

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #135 of 3,012

This. Just got mine in today and I feel the same way.

Based on the same thing I went through with the DN-2000, if you shove comply tips on them, you're golden. Need to try that later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back