Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jan 18, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #107 of 3,012
  In addition to what H20 is saying (I also have both) .....

The A83 are a lot more intimate, and also more vivid sounding to me - while the Titan is a little more relaxed. The Titan is definitely more spacious.

A83 has more bass impact and reaches lower. With vocalists who are able to impart great emotion in their performances - for me this would be Vedder with most of PJs ballads, or someone like Gabriella Cilmi singing "Safer" - the Titan is wonderful sounding, tonally correct, great for relaxed listening - but just somehow doesn't pull me in to the song the way the A83 can. The A83 is simply more involving.

Both are great earphones both - and although they ultimately sound similar, there is enough difference in their presentations to justify owning both.

Probably the Fidue A83 I tried at headphone shop is pretty new, and was not really matching with Cayin N6, I didn't hear A83 to be intimate and involving, but more leaning toward analytical. Good detail definitely, but not intimate, and don't really emotionally involving. Probably the player. What player you use for A83?

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #108 of 3,012

Probably the Fidue A83 I tried at headphone shop is pretty new, and was not really matching with Cayin N6, I didn't hear A83 to be intimate and involving, but more leaning toward analytical. Good detail definitely, but not intimate, and don't really emotionally involving. Probably the player. What player you use for A83?

From some sources A83 can sound quite sub-par or just 'good'. Take a Cowon J3 for example, they sound pretty decent, DX90 is just OK, but still not going to cause that complete intimacy I mention all the time. Surprisingly, the DAPs that scale to such potential are Colorfly C3 which has a nice push in the upper mid-range and Shozy Alien. Those DAPs are the synergy key (for me) with A83. In my opinion, the cost of a DAP means squat and the synergy is more important. This is why I have my Altone200 paired with a used iRiver E100 I picked up for $50 on eBay whilst my $540 AUD DX90 sits alone.

On the other hand, Titan sounds excellent on the Cowon  J3, and a little brittle from the Colorfly (haven't tried with Alien)

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #109 of 3,012
From some sources A83 can sound quite sub-par or just 'good'. Take a Cowon J3 for example, they sound pretty decent, DX90 is just OK, but still not going to cause that complete intimacy I mention all the time. Surprisingly, the DAPs that scale to such potential are Colorfly C3 which has a nice push in the upper mid-range and Shozy Alien. Those DAPs are the synergy key (for me) with A83. In my opinion, the cost of a DAP means squat and the synergy is more important. This is why I have my Altone200 paired with a used iRiver E100 I picked up for $50 on eBay whilst my $540 AUD DX90 sits alone.

On the other hand, Titan sounds excellent on the Cowon  J3, and a little brittle from the Colorfly (haven't tried with Alien)

Noted Tx!
I have similar experience with ATH-MSR7, which is also quite players dependant.

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #110 of 3,012

It very much depends on the music you listen to, and also what you're comparing it to.  @MidNighTempest asked H20 a question regarding the A83 compared to the Titan.  When comparing the two - to me the A83 sounds more intimate than the Titan.  I listed a couple of tracks I used too.

You just took what I replied without appreciating the context in which it was given 
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #111 of 3,012

A83 has quite a bit more detail especially in the mid-range which is the Fidue's strong aspect, it sounds a more refined. Their overall signatures are similar though, similar balance right through the lows/mids/highs with A83 mid-range being thrown forward a little. When you compare the timbre and soundstage of Titan then it really gives A83 a hard time, particularly  the spaciousness, (one of A83's not so strong areas) mostly due to the Dunu's design and dynamic driver. I think one thing you'll notice is if you really open A83 up and give it some juice (higher volume) its going to truly pull away in detail and clarity and hold that refinement we mentioned, that's how I let them loose and achieve goosebumps I've mention in the Fidue thread, 
tongue.gif

Though if you were to volume match them at about 30% volume the Dunu would keep up quite well.

I've had Fidelio S2 on home audition, I would personally take the Titan quite easily. Sure they're versatile enough to handle pop and electronic music, just don't expect thumping bass as its quite balanced downstairs. As for the keeping an eye on your souroundings question, they certainly will do that very well. 

Thanks :) Is there anything in particular that makes the Titan 1 sound better to you?

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #112 of 3,012
Thanks :) Is there anything in particular that makes the Titan 1 sound better to you?

I could say Titan is better for relaxing? =) Not that it's laid back but in comparison to A83 I find Titan better suited late at night. A83 is a little like an exciting roller coaster ride, while Titan's more like... bush walking? =)

Really, A83'squite a bit more expensive and it's performance will reflect that in many ways in this case, besides soundstage and sense of space.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #113 of 3,012
It very much depends on the music you listen to, and also what you're comparing it to.  @MidNighTempest
 asked H20 a question regarding the A83 compared to the Titan.  When comparing the two - to me the A83 sounds more intimate than the Titan.  I listed a couple of tracks I used too.

You just took what I replied without appreciating the context in which it was given :wink:

Ok "In comparison", Noted Tx!

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #114 of 3,012

During my A/B listening with the EX1000, I've noticed that at least parts of the upper midrange sound pretty forward on the Titan 1. Horns in particular struck me as borderline shouty on some tracks. Such being the case, a DAP with a push in that range is understandably not the best of pairings.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #115 of 3,012
Hello all and happy 2015!

In the last 6 months I've added the T-PEOS Altone200, Fidue A71, TTPOD T1-E, OSTRY KC06A and TDK BA200 to my already small collection and while I really enjoy the Altone200 and A71, I absolutely love the BA200, which gets the most ear time.  I'm currently saving up for the EarSonics SM64 or StageDiver SD-2 / SD-3 but all these new phones hovering the $100 mark with such positive review/comments/feedback are really teasing my curiosity and wallet.  For those who own or tried the BA200, knowing they are dual BA, how would you compare it to the Titan?  Are they that good, worth adding to the collection?

I'm also curious about the ZA DuoZA, AT CKR10 and DN-2000J if you heard them, though these will have much more bass presence than the BA200.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #116 of 3,012

During my A/B listening with the EX1000, I've noticed that at least parts of the upper midrange sound pretty forward on the Titan 1. Horns in particular struck me as borderline shouty on some tracks. Such being the case, a DAP with a push in that range is understandably not the best of pairings.

Also the treble became a little brittle, bright or metallic with the Colorfly.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #117 of 3,012
I could say Titan is better for relaxing? =) Not that it's laid back but in comparison to A83 I find Titan better suited late at night. A83 is a little like an exciting roller coaster ride, while Titan's more like... bush walking? =)

Really, A83'squite a bit more expensive and it's performance will reflect that in many ways in this case, besides soundstage and sense of space.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean in comparison to the Fidelio S2. Thanks for the comparison to the A83 though, relaxing sounds good.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #118 of 3,012

In the last 6 months I've added the T-PEOS Altone200, Fidue A71, TTPOD T1-E, OSTRY KC06A and TDK BA200 to my already small collection and while I really enjoy the Altone200 and A71, I absolutely love the BA200, which gets the most ear time.  I'm currently saving up for the EarSonics SM64 or StageDiver SD-2 / SD-3 but all these new phones hovering the $100 mark with such positive review/comments/feedback are really teasing my curiosity and wallet.  For those who own or tried the BA200, knowing they are dual BA, how would you compare it to the Titan?  Are they that good, worth adding to the collection?

I'm also curious about the ZA DuoZA, AT CKR10 and DN-2000J if you heard them, though these will have much more bass presence than the BA200.

Thanks in advance.

From what I remember about the BA200 (it's been some time since I heard them), they mostly impressed me by their very smooth and relaxed sound in comparison to most other dual BAs I had heard back then. The Titan 1 aren't necessarily that smooth imo, they're a little edgier and maybe a tad closer to the Ostry or Altone in character than to the BA200.

Will probably depend on the main reason why you love your BA200... if it's for their neutral-ish, smooth and relaxed signature, I'd rather steer you towards the Tenores for an excellent sub $100 pair of IEMs.

Oh, and happy 2015 to you too!

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #119 of 3,012

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean in comparison to the Fidelio S2. Thanks for the comparison to the A83 though, relaxing sounds good.

The build is better than Fidelio S2, but its been too long to start popping things off the top of my head between the two, unfortunately.

I know the S2 was nice though never jumped out at me like the Dunu. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #120 of 3,012

Thanks in advance.

Hello. Our IEM ownership profile is somehow quite similar: Altone 200, A71, B3Pro I, KC06, VC1000, VSD3S. I also want SM64 and reading about SD-2. Curious about the duoZA and CKR9. But discarted both. Allready thought very much about DN-2000 and the revised version. But it has some imperfections for the high price i think. Só thinking about instead getting the Titan 1...

But you lean more towards to IEMs on the warm side than me. Do you like A71? Where do you place Titan 1 in your collection? Never considered A83?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back