Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jan 19, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #136 of 3,012
  This. Just got mine in today and I feel the same way.

Based on the same thing I went through with the DN-2000, if you shove comply tips on them, you're golden. Need to try that later.

Yep - using T400s - golden :)

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #137 of 3,012
I'm really liking these, and I HATE Titanium in audio. Any time I have used it in a speaker application (compression drivers), they always have a nasty shrill sound up high that I can never adjust out. Think Klipsch.

Too bad Comply doesn't make foam tips for horn speaker drivers :)  Normally Comply tips kill any sort of detail and treble on any other IEM, but on high end DUNU sets, they work extremely well. JVC Spiral Dots working well too.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #138 of 3,012
Got mine yesterday. Initially wasn't too impressed when I was listening to metal. Put on some orchestral/OST type stuff and was very happy with what I heard. Initial impressions are great. I can see people who love clarity and a sense of space loving these. The bass is a bit lean to my ears so far but I think that may have to do with the IEMS I have been using before the Titans. Planning on getting a review up this week or next.

Quick observations - smaller than expected in size, comfortable, great clarity and a big spacious sound.

To chime in on people saying relaxing or whatnot - here's my take. Personally I wouldn't take these on a quick subway ride, but for long commutes, long listening sessions and times when you can really focus on the music, I'd definitely be reaching for these over many other IEMS.

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #140 of 3,012
Prefer the mids of the titan to the dn 2000. Shocking I know! Something addictive about these mids, the clarity levels and the comfort make this an outstanding iem. Bass seems to be tighter compared to the dn2000 too but leaner as a result.

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #142 of 3,012
Because it is 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #145 of 3,012
  I'm debating between this and duoZA for my next purchase and I'm waiting to hear a definitive answer to the sound leak issue before I make a decision. 

Definitive answer - depends on how loud you listen, and how loud the ambient noise around you is.

Do they leak - yes. Is it excessive - no, but depends on volume of the IEMs.

My daughter noticed mine within 4-6 feet, but couldn't recognise the song until she was beside me.  Past 6 feet it was not really noticeable for her.  She's 11 and has ears like her mother (can hear a cat walking on carpet) ..... annoying at times - I get the usual "what's that sound?" from both of them and often have no idea of what they are talking about 
wink.gif

If you need a high level of isolation either way - then these are not the earphones for you.

But you will be missing out on a great sonic signature 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #146 of 3,012

Definitive answer - depends on how loud you listen, and how loud the ambient noise around you is.

Do they leak - yes. Is it excessive - no, but depends on volume of the IEMs.

My daughter noticed mine within 4-6 feet, but couldn't recognise the song until she was beside me.  Past 6 feet it was not really noticeable for her.  She's 11 and has ears like her mother (can hear a cat walking on carpet) ..... annoying at times - I get the usual "what's that sound?" from both of them and often have no idea of what they are talking about 
wink.gif

If you need a high level of isolation either way - then these are not the earphones for you.

But you will be missing out on a great sonic signature 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks for the detailed write up @Brooko :)  I have made it a habit to listen at low volumes last few weeks so it shouldn't be a problem for me. The lack of isolation is actually something that drew me to this, because I need something that also allows me to maintain awareness and regular earbuds irritates my ears and most IEMs are terrible for situational awareness. The more I read about it, the more I feel dawn to this IEM, even more so than the duoZA. I used to think that bright signatures were always sibilant and painful but having gotten used to the Havi B3P1, I am actually more partial to more brighter signers with a balanced bass. This little beauty sounds right up my alley 
beerchug.gif

I have noticed that most pop songs are recorded very hot these days so I am hoping they won't cause too much of an issue with the Dunu.

If you had to rank your IEMs from most to least favourite, how would you rank them? All the ones in your signature are on my to buy eventually list. Would appreciate your thoughts on them as I have been following your reviews lately and liking them. Cheers bud

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #147 of 3,012

If you had to rank your IEMs from most to least favourite, how would you rank them? All the ones in your signature are on my to buy eventually list. Would appreciate your thoughts on them as I have been following your reviews lately and liking them. Cheers bud

Thanks for the kind words.  This is pretty subjective, and I may miss a few - but of the ones I have on-hand (owned, review samples, and borrowed)

From most preferred to least preferred.

Fidue A83 > Dunu Titan > Altone 200 > Fidue A81 (EQ'd) = RockJaw Kommand > Dunu DN-1000 > RockJaw Arcana2 > RockJaw Alfa Genus > Brainwavz M1 > R3 > S5 > S0 > Fidue A71 > Rockjaw Hydra

Remember above is pretty personal.  I've also got the DN-2000, Ostry KC-06, and Havi B3 Pro1 on hand - but really haven't spent a lot of time with any of them .... yet. Initial listening would put the DN-2000 between the Titan and Altone200.  Not sure about the Ostry.  Not a big fan of the Havi so far.  Nice build.  Sounds good on it's own - but in quick comparison to other IEMs - not a fan so far. Mind may change.

3 most preferred though = A83, Titan and Altone (for my tastes).

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #149 of 3,012

Thanks for the kind words.  This is pretty subjective, and I may miss a few - but of the ones I have on-hand (owned, review samples, and borrowed)

From most preferred to least preferred.

Fidue A83 > Dunu Titan > Altone 200 > Fidue A81 (EQ'd) = RockJaw Kommand > Dunu DN-1000 > RockJaw Arcana2 > RockJaw Alfa Genus > Brainwavz M1 > R3 > S5 > S0 > Fidue A71 > Rockjaw Hydra

Remember above is pretty personal.  I've also got the DN-2000, Ostry KC-06,a nd Havi B3 Pro1 on hand - but really haven't spent a lot of time with any of them .... yet.  Initial listening would put the DN-2000 between the Titan and Altone200.  Not sure about the Ostry.  Not a big fan of the Havi so far.  Nice build.  Sounds good on it's own - but in quick comparison to other IEMs - not a fan. Mind may change.

3 most preferred though = A83, Titan and Altone (for my tastes).

Thanks for taking the time to rank them all, much appreciated! It seems the Titan is ranking higher than a lot more expensive sets. Sound is of course subjective but the truth is if it didn't have solid characteristics, chances are not as many people would praise them :) So it is very telling that you are putting them ahead of the likes of DN 1000 and altone 200. I have also been trying the music you mentioned in some of your reviews and have loved most if not all of them. specially muddy waters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back