DUNU Q-Lock PLUS Quick-Switch Modular Plug Cables - Discussion Thread
Sep 7, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #76 of 404
Did you try the 4.4mm plug of the Hulk on the Blanche with your LPGT ?

Funny you mention it, I was going to do just this but didn't want to mix and match the plating is different wonder if Blanche is Rhodium... right now things are better and I don't have unwanted noise anymore so maybe it was just a matter of setting the plug in :p

Sep 23, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #77 of 404
So, just ordered the Blanche... kinda excited to get it. Was wondering if @davidmolliere or @DUNU-Topsound can tell something about mixing other dunu connectors with the Blanche, I own lyre, noble and hulk and wonder if it would be a problem to use the connectors those use with the Blanche

Sep 28, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #78 of 404
Does anybody know if DUNU’s modular cable MMCX connectors or FiiO LC-RE’s fit the Z1R better?

Sep 28, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #79 of 404
Does anybody know if DUNU’s modular cable MMCX connectors or FiiO LC-RE’s fit the Z1R better?

This is tricky as the IER-Z1R has recessed sockets given the connectors, I know @lafeuill had issues disconnecting the Hulk from the IER-Z1R and broke one of the Hulk MMCX connector... basically sony has made it so you preferably have to use their cables... Since he also has LC-RE he can probably answer that one too.

Sep 28, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #80 of 404
This is tricky as the IER-Z1R has recessed sockets given the connectors, I know @lafeuill had issues disconnecting the Hulk from the IER-Z1R and broke one of the Hulk MMCX connector... basically sony has made it so you preferably have to use their cables... Since he also has LC-RE he can probably answer that one too.
I’m looking at picrures and the recess doesn’t seem bigger than the ier m9 (though the shells are different) i easily can snug in the lyre and noble mmcx and never had a problem, though as i said, this is ier m9, but i think the shell in that section is quite similar, ier z1r cable fits perfectly the ier m9

Sep 28, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #81 of 404
Indeed. Both are compatible but the female mmcx connector on the IER-Z1R is so recessed that it becomes really difficult to unplug the cable with your fingers (and mine are on the thin side). There's not enough surface to grip it, and the connection is very tight. I slipped when trying to remove it and pulled on the cable itself, which damaged the soldering. You have to use 'curved beak' pliers and a thick rubber band inbetween. Be warned :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #82 of 404
Thank you, everyone! Very helpful.
I figured I’d wear gloves for more traction and was wondering about using some kind of pliers but didn’t want to damage the connector 😅.
Also, the Z1R is slippery and the shape is hard for me to get a good grip on it.

Sep 28, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #83 of 404
So, just ordered the Blanche... kinda excited to get it. Was wondering if @davidmolliere or @DUNU-Topsound can tell something about mixing other dunu connectors with the Blanche, I own lyre, noble and hulk and wonder if it would be a problem to use the connectors those use with the Blanche
The plugs will be compatible with any of the modular Dunu cables. The only difference will be in the coating of the jacks. Noble, Lyre and Hulk are gold plated. Not so with the Blanche iirc.

Sep 28, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #84 of 404
The plugs will be compatible with any of the modular Dunu cables. The only difference will be in the coating of the jacks. Noble, Lyre and Hulk are gold plated. Not so with the Blanche iirc.

I think Blanche is Rhodium coated, not sure... mixing probably has indiscernible effect but it's not how it was intended :p

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #86 of 404
I think Blanche is Rhodium coated, not sure... mixing probably has indiscernible effect but it's not how it was intended :p

I thought Dunu said palladium? Also, were you able to test the Blanche with OG Solaris? I need a 4.4 termination for amp8EX, but I don't want to have to swap cables every time I swap amps on DX220 or switch to another source, so I'm trying to choose a Dunu cable. I'm down to Blanche vs. Noble but there's not much info out there on either, let alone paired with OG Solaris, and there's no way to demo right now.

Finally, does anyone know how much resistance the connectors add here? I had considered adding a 2.5-->4.4--> adapter to my current ALO Super Litz cable, but the measured resistance of the dd connector was off the charts, so I scrapped that idea and I'm hoping the Dunu connectors won't have that problem. I believe @fokta measured at least one Dunu adapter, but it didn't look like the ones that ship with these cables. Thanks all!

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #87 of 404
I stand corrected then palladium it is :)

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #88 of 404
I stand corrected then palladium it is :)

I'm just repeating what Dunu said in the first post here, don't take my word for it! Had you any chance to try to Blanche with Solaris, or had you already moved on from Solaris by the time you tried the Blanche? Thanks!

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #89 of 404
No I don’t have the Solaris anymore maybe @audio123 can tell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back