DUNU FALCON PRO - Impressions thread
Oct 10, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #76 of 107
IMG_20211009_151150-01.jpeg

Basshead take incoming!

I've only had these 24 hours but am already absolutely blown away by them - they're superb with my library and very hard to fault...I'd put them just behind my Xelentos in detail and clarity and equal / slightly ahead on tuning depending on what I'm listening to or how late it is. In terms of overall immersion and dynamics (my 2 main criteria for enjoyment) these are my 2 best sets, especially at volume.

Just an OOB photo before I got fingerprints all over the shells, have switched to Atmospheric Immersion tuning and the black silicone Sony style tips to reach the conclusions above - tuning is a fairly shallow L shape (as opposed to the deep V of Xelentos, or the more balanced SA6).

Mostly listening to the Vangelis Esper and Zimmer Blade Runner soundtracks so far, and a quick hit of Opera just to double check the vocals...on that note, the best vocal tonality I've heard (hope this doesn't come back to haunt me) as long as everything is properly mastered and the singer can project into the presence region properly - the Falcon is very unforgiving of vocals that can't escape the lower mids - the incredible (bass) dynamics come at a price, but recordings that control the bass properly without any weird peak or phase gremlins etc are absolutely fine. In addition, the upper mids and treble are controlled to avoid any harshness and optimise the soundstage appearance - don't expect to get drenched in top end details but do expect a seriously immersive and out of head presentation - like the dk2001 it's not the widest, but it's got the depth and separation to make it appear "3D".

Going to try out some more tips and tunes now, big thanks to @DUNU-Topsound for getting these gems to me, really appreciated as I know you had to scramble to get these shipped before the holidays.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #78 of 107
IMG_20211009_151150-01.jpeg

Basshead take incoming!

I've only had these 24 hours but am already absolutely blown away by them - they're superb with my library and very hard to fault...I'd put them just behind my Xelentos in detail and clarity and equal / slightly ahead on tuning depending on what I'm listening to or how late it is. In terms of overall immersion and dynamics (my 2 main criteria for enjoyment) these are my 2 best sets, especially at volume.

Just an OOB photo before I got fingerprints all over the shells, have switched to Atmospheric Immersion tuning and the black silicone Sony style tips to reach the conclusions above - tuning is a fairly shallow L shape (as opposed to the deep V of Xelentos, or the more balanced SA6).

Mostly listening to the Vangelis Esper and Zimmer Blade Runner soundtracks so far, and a quick hit of Opera just to double check the vocals...on that note, the best vocal tonality I've heard (hope this doesn't come back to haunt me) as long as everything is properly mastered and the singer can project into the presence region properly - the Falcon is very unforgiving of vocals that can't escape the lower mids - the incredible (bass) dynamics come at a price, but recordings that control the bass properly without any weird peak or phase gremlins etc are absolutely fine. In addition, the upper mids and treble are controlled to avoid any harshness and optimise the soundstage appearance - don't expect to get drenched in top end details but do expect a seriously immersive and out of head presentation - like the dk2001 it's not the widest, but it's got the depth and separation to make it appear "3D".

Going to try out some more tips and tunes now, big thanks to @DUNU-Topsound for getting these gems to me, really appreciated as I know you had to scramble to get these shipped before the holidays.
How's the subbass compared to FiiO FH3?

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #79 of 107
Oct 10, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #80 of 107
How's the subbass compared to FiiO FH3?
Weak. But that’s not saying much since FH3 has stupendous subbass. Falcon Pro goes for stupendous mid bass instead.

Nov 6, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #84 of 107
Nov 6, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #85 of 107
DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Nov 6, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #86 of 107
The FALCON PRO's semi-open design will impact isolation. It is something we're aware of and something we're looking to address.
I actually really enjoy having an IEM with low isolation. It feels like a feature to me.

Though I do speak as someone with several IEMs so I like having options.

Nov 6, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #87 of 107
The FALCON PRO's semi-open design will impact isolation. It is something we're aware of and something we're looking to address.
Just wanted to point out that I was not noting the lack of isolation in this case as being a 'bad' thing. Or needing to be 'addressed' necessarily. Just as a PSA for people considering purchasing them.

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #88 of 107
Weak. But that’s not saying much since FH3 has stupendous subbass. Falcon Pro goes for stupendous mid bass instead.
I wish Dunu would tune a mid-fi IEM more to my tastes-Hana 21/Dusk-ish.

edit: Maybe a new nozzle do it for the Falcon Pro?

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #89 of 107
I wish Dunu would tune a mid-fi IEM more to my tastes-Hana 21/Dusk-ish.

edit: Maybe a new nozzle do it for the Falcon Pro?
They are experimenting with a Falcon retune, but I don’t know if it’s via nozzle or a more intrinsic change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back