Dunu Falcon-C Flagship Dynamic Driver IEM - Discussion and Reviews
Jan 25, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #47 of 163
I hear now why most reviewers mention the treble being a tad hot, and how this is not an issue on DK-3001.

At any rate, up to this point, I really like Falcon-C to this point. I am curious how they change with some burn-in. That will be quite interesting to explore.

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #48 of 163
I need to find a point of comparison we both know, because P2 is on the way, still hasn't reached me. I don't have DN-2000 or Titan 1.

Wait, is Titan 1 FiiO F5? It has less leaking then.

Let me see.

DK-3001 leaks a bit more, Falcon-C leaks a bit less than them

But I need Spinfit large (white) with DK-3001, while for Falcon-C I am using a smaller spinfit and I'm getting a deeper fit, so that might also play a role in this

As the other person said, the titan 1 is the Fiio EX1.

Hmm it’s a shame we can’t seem to find a common ground. I’m mostly so curious to pinpoint this because the only place to order the Falcon-C is Penon and that’s a long shipment back if I had to return them.

What IEM could you compare them too as far as sound leakage? And if you had to rate them on a scale, what would you?

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #49 of 163
As the other person said, the titan 1 is the Fiio EX1.

Hmm it’s a shame we can’t seem to find a common ground. I’m mostly so curious to pinpoint this because the only place to order the Falcon-C is Penon and that’s a long shipment back if I had to return them.

What IEM could you compare them too as far as sound leakage? And if you had to rate them on a scale, what would you?

I cannot say for sure, usually nobody cares around me, so it is hard to rate leakage. It is very little on everything I have in the long run, if EX1 is similar to F5, then it is nowhere near there, that one was fully open.

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #50 of 163
I cannot say for sure, usually nobody cares around me, so it is hard to rate leakage. It is very little on everything I have in the long run, if EX1 is similar to F5, then it is nowhere near there, that one was fully open.

Thanks for the information!

I do have one final question, I read a review on a website that said the MMCX connectors are very poorly implemented on the Falcon-C and if you’re not careful you could easy bend or snap the pin? Is this true at all? I’ve only heard one review mention it so I’m not sure if they’re just idiots so I figured I’d ask you since You have them in hand!

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #51 of 163
Thanks for the information!

I do have one final question, I read a review on a website that said the MMCX connectors are very poorly implemented on the Falcon-C and if you’re not careful you could easy bend or snap the pin? Is this true at all? I’ve only heard one review mention it so I’m not sure if they’re just idiots so I figured I’d ask you since You have them in hand!

I have not noticed any issue with the MMCX so far, but only had them for a day. Still no issue on mine, it is the same connector that is MMCX like on every other IEM I've seen so far (?)

Will look carefully at this, but MMCX as a standard looks similar between its implementations

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #52 of 163
I have not noticed any issue with the MMCX so far, but only had them for a day. Still no issue on mine, it is the same connector that is MMCX like on every other IEM I've seen so far (?)

Will look carefully at this, but MMCX as a standard looks similar between its implementations

Basically the review claims that because the opening is bigger, and has no guides you have to be extra careful plugging in the cable or you’ll break it. It was on a site called majorhifi that pulled on google but no review on here mention that at all so I was confused.

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #53 of 163
Basically the review claims that because the opening is bigger, and has no guides you have to be extra careful plugging in the cable or you’ll break it. It was on a site called majorhifi that pulled on google but no review on here mention that at all so I was confused.

I honestly am not sure, but it looks very solid to me, like any other MMCX I've seen.

Maybe somebody who has seen more connectors will chime in with their input, but so far, Falcon-C looks solid to me. I'll try more cables to see how it works out.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #54 of 163
Aaaaaaa

They are here.

I love them!

More impressions to come.

But MAAAAN The DEEP BASS and the SWEET TREBLE!!!!

Instrument Separation, soundstage, I am amazed

I need more time to listen....

Are the lower mids not very recessed here? The only thing that worries me about this model is that the mids sound very thin, with a lack of body and timbre. How would you compare it to a more balanced model, say the Orivety New Primacy?

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #55 of 163
Are the lower mids not very recessed here? The only thing that worries me about this model is that the mids sound very thin, with a lack of body and timbre. How would you compare it to a more balanced model, say the Orivety New Primacy?

Oriveti New Primacy is slightly thicker and fuller in the long run.

I don't think Falcon-C lacks much body, I think that ONP might have a bit much thickness compared (sounds more analogue and smooth, but not as light), Falcon-C feels lighter.

Of course, this will be very subjective and taste-dependant, but I really like Falcon-C at this point.

If you prefer a thick and full sound, ONP is thick and full, Falcon-C is more natural to my ears.

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #56 of 163
Oriveti New Primacy is slightly thicker and fuller in the long run.

I don't think Falcon-C lacks much body, I think that ONP might have a bit much thickness compared (sounds more analogue and smooth, but not as light), Falcon-C feels lighter.

Of course, this will be very subjective and taste-dependant, but I really like Falcon-C at this point.

If you prefer a thick and full sound, ONP is thick and full, Falcon-C is more natural to my ears.

Oh, it's good to know.

Thank you!

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #57 of 163
I honestly am not sure, but it looks very solid to me, like any other MMCX I've seen.

Maybe somebody who has seen more connectors will chime in with their input, but so far, Falcon-C looks solid to me. I'll try more cables to see how it works out.

We broke our sample...

I'm going to try and fit a 2-pin connector at some point though :D

The sound is awesome though!!

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #59 of 163
Wait so the Falcon-C mmcx port does have issues or what?

I think it was more user error than a fault with the earphone, we don't always look after the stuff here and when my colleague was taking the cables off and reconnecting I don't think he was looking or being careful, which broke the socket (not the cable).

We will be stocking them and I really really like the sound of the Falcon C, the comfort is also superb.

A very good DD IEM, nice sub-bass presence with a fairly balanced sound signature, the midrange is not up front and intimate but it does have good clarity.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #60 of 163
I think it was more user error than a fault with the earphone, we don't always look after the stuff here and when my colleague was taking the cables off and reconnecting I don't think he was looking or being careful, which broke the socket (not the cable).

We will be stocking them and I really really like the sound of the Falcon C, the comfort is also superb.

A very good DD IEM, nice sub-bass presence with a fairly balanced sound signature, the midrange is not up front and intimate but it does have good clarity.

It sounds intimate on your setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back