Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Sep 14, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #451 of 543
I replaced the stock with a very nice balanced cable from NiceHCK. With the Symbios, the fit is now perfect.

20180914_200625.jpg

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #452 of 543
Looks great!

Congrats. :beerchug:

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #453 of 543
I'm thinking about upgrading my DN2002 but these are still so much and I'm wondering how the 4001 will be... and if I can ever afford them lol. Does anyone know how the compare with the er4xr in detail and clarity?

Also.. I feel like you guys have to be a bit biased after reading the last few pages.. can they really be TOTL in sound quality? I've been looking at the CA Atlas or Andromeda (probably used), but would love to get these instead if they're THAT good.

Also, for isolation, has anyone tried double flange tips? Someone mentioned them for the 2002's (also not great isolation and thought they might work here.
https://www.amazon.com/RHA-Replacement-Double-Silicone-Earphones/dp/B017A8WU5M
71R21xBgzjL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #454 of 543
I have been eyeing these out for a while.
I also have the DN-2002 which I'm actually very happy with, but simply because you can't easily use any cable with them means they just don't quite make my "end-all" iem purchase - I'd like to know I can just use any cable I wanted (even though I don't bother unless it's broke), but I'm just OCD like that.

Are these all metal or part metal/part plastic?

Oct 15, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #455 of 543
I have been eyeing these out for a while.
I also have the DN-2002 which I'm actually very happy with, but simply because you can't easily use any cable with them means they just don't quite make my "end-all" iem purchase - I'd like to know I can just use any cable I wanted (even though I don't bother unless it's broke), but I'm just OCD like that.

Are these all metal or part metal/part plastic?

The 3001 is all metal construction and very solid in hand. Impeccable build-quality.

It can also use any standard MMCX cable. A few posts above, I shared a pic of the after-market cable I bought for mine. It has the nice feature of exactly matching the color of the 3001, to the point of looking seamless in person. I found the stock cable a bit flimsy (it kept getting bent in the case) and I didn't like the memory wire portion (too long)

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #456 of 543
OK, so dunuusa.com has a sale, now I'm really looking at the DK-3001!

Tell me...
They seem to only ship to the US. Are they shipping from China or is the stock already in the US?
I need delivery to South Africa. I can have delivery to an address in New York and then from there they will be forwarded to me...but I cannot pay duties/taxes in the States and again duties/taxes in South Africa. That would be crazy.
On checkout sales tax is $0.00 .. reading up on sales tax; that seems to have nothing to do with import duties. And reading their terms and conditions, nothing is mentioned on import duties, so I think it's safe to assume there aren't any when buying from dunuusa.com

...and purchased.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #457 of 543
OK, so dunuusa.com has a sale, now I'm really looking at the DK-3001!

Tell me...
They seem to only ship to the US. Are they shipping from China or is the stock already in the US?
I need delivery to South Africa. I can have delivery to an address in New York and then from there they will be forwarded to me...but I cannot pay duties/taxes in the States and again duties/taxes in South Africa. That would be crazy.
On checkout sales tax is $0.00 .. reading up on sales tax; that seems to have nothing to do with import duties. And reading their terms and conditions, nothing is mentioned on import duties, so I think it's safe to assume there aren't any when buying from dunuusa.com

I am not sure where their warehouse is in USA, but if it is within USA, there shouldn't be import taxes when purchasing to an USA address.

Also, when someone from USA sends it to you, you don't have to declare full package value, nor declare it as a new product.

The only downside is that you have shipping insurance as high as you declare the package value, so if you declare the package value low, say, something happens to the package, you aren't covered. But if a friend sends it to you from USA, the situation is different than if you're making an online order directly from the company.

Nov 26, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #458 of 543
I am not sure where their warehouse is in USA, but if it is within USA, there shouldn't be import taxes when purchasing to an USA address.

Also, when someone from USA sends it to you, you don't have to declare full package value, nor declare it as a new product.

The only downside is that you have shipping insurance as high as you declare the package value, so if you declare the package value low, say, something happens to the package, you aren't covered. But if a friend sends it to you from USA, the situation is different than if you're making an online order directly from the company.

Thank you.
I just did the purchase. I am using a courier (Aramex) to forward to me.
I did tell DUNU not to put an invoice in the package, I don't know if they will understand. Otherwise the courier has the value and I can't give them a lower value. And then I must pay like 15% VAT and whatever other processing fees they include - which kind of makes the purchase expensive.
Gosh, with my DN-2002, Penon couriered them to me - they declared them at $40. I wasn't charged any Tax.

Dec 3, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #459 of 543
Ok, so they should arrive this week..I'm hoping tomorrow, but I'm being optimistic!
Can't wait!

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #461 of 543
Congrats! I'm waiting on mine as well. Can't wait to hear how they compare to my dn2002's and how they'll fit my ears lol .
Snap. I also have the DN-2002s. And I love their sound as it is.
I hope you got them on sale too!
I'm sure we'll be discussing fit when the time arrives!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #462 of 543
You both, little furry creatures, know that incoming reviews without the proper hype will be completely ignored and left in the catacombs of Head-fi... :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #463 of 543
Dec 3, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #464 of 543
Snap. I also have the DN-2002s. And I love their sound as it is.
I hope you got them on sale too!
I'm sure we'll be discussing fit when the time arrives!
I love them too, though I eq a bit of sub-bass and treble.

I did get them on sale. There was a seller from Japan on eBay selling them for 377 newnew I bought them on the day that eBay had a 15% off sale.

I have letpre big ears so I'm not too worried about fit, but I am just a bit. Fingers crossed!

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #465 of 543
I replaced the stock with a very nice balanced cable from NiceHCK. With the Symbios, the fit is now perfect.

I have do the same....with the same cable (but foam tips) and the fit is now really perfect. Fanstastic sound and Dk-3001 became really confortable!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back