Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Jan 8, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #378 of 543
Can someone compare DK-3001 with Xelento?

I have both but got them recently so this is only initial impressions. They have a different signature, Xelento being warmer with a more pronounced low end, basically warm and bassy. The DK-3001 is more balanced compared to the xelento but still with a great deal of bass quality/quantity and brighter upper mids/treble. Comfort goes to the xelento it just disappear in the ear, I don't feel I am wearing it. It took me a few days to get OK comfort with the DK-3001 but now it's actually quite good, I can feel them in my ear but don't have any discomfort.

Even though I had read about how awesome the sound quality was with the DUNU :) it took me by surprise! It's an extremely good sounding iem, you get near TOTL sound for less than 500 usd. It's so easy to love this iem...except for comfort :).

For me the Xelento and the DK-3001 compliment each other more than being direct competitors, both are very good. My initial impressions goes to the DUNU but not sure I will have the same opinion in a month!

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #379 of 543
I have both but got them recently so this is only initial impressions. They have a different signature, Xelento being warmer with a more pronounced low end, basically warm and bassy. The DK-3001 is more balanced compared to the xelento but still with a great deal of bass quality/quantity and brighter upper mids/treble. Comfort goes to the xelento it just disappear in the ear, I don't feel I am wearing it. It took me a few days to get OK comfort with the DK-3001 but now it's actually quite good, I can feel them in my ear but don't have any discomfort.

Even though I had read about how awesome the sound quality was with the DUNU :) it took me by surprise! It's an extremely good sounding iem, you get near TOTL sound for less than 500 usd. It's so easy to love this iem...except for comfort :).

For me the Xelento and the DK-3001 compliment each other more than being direct competitors, both are very good. My initial impressions goes to the DUNU but not sure I will have the same opinion in a month!

Thanks for the quick reply.
I think a warmer signature will not be a problem but it has to be tuned very well. From what I've read, it seems that Xelento bass is not overwhelming, compromising the other frequencies, the overall sound being described as organic and romantic, but also with a good clarity.
That really caught my attention.
Now, your final thoughts are very interesting, can you elaborate a bit more why that feeling of a different opinion within a month, maybe?

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #380 of 543
I think a warmer signature will not be a problem but it has to be tuned very well. From what I've read, it seems that Xelento bass is not overwhelming, compromising the other frequencies, the overall sound being described as organic and romantic, but also with a good clarity.
Now, your final thoughts are very interesting, can you elaborate a bit more why that feeling of a different opinion within a month, maybe?

For bass heavy tracks the bass can, for me, be a bit overwhelming. But that what surprised me a bit, i didn't thought it would have that much bass and have this warmth. It's not the normal Beyer signature. The more i listen to it though the more i like it. And it doesn't lack detail or clarity, it's just not "in your face" like the DK-3001. The DK-3001 is brighter so is easier to hear. The Xelento needs more time, for me at least.

Romantic and musical is very subjective :). But yeah, the Xelento is musical, but so is the DUNU.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #381 of 543
Can someone compare DK-3001 with Xelento?

Xelento is warmer and more focused on the low end and the midrange, being very smooth in the treble. DK-3001 is more neutral in comparison. DK-3001 brings more details to your face, while Xelento has them, but presents them less forward

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #382 of 543
Xelento is warmer and more focused on the low end and the midrange, being very smooth in the treble. DK-3001 is more neutral in comparison. DK-3001 brings more details to your face, while Xelento has them, but presents them less forward

Sounds very good for my preferences, but not good at all for my wallet. :)

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #383 of 543
Sounds very good for my preferences, but not good at all for my wallet. :)

Well, DK-3001 is better at presenting the details to your face, while Xelento is smoother due to their smoother nature. The treble is most clearly more settled with Xelento though :smile_phones:

Also, you know, your wallet will eventually thank you in the long run! :darthsmile:

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #384 of 543
The Dunu Falcon-C have a review on the front page. From the way those are described, they seem to have a similar sound profile to the 3001. Could be a good, less expensive alternative to the (current) flagship Dunu.

Anyway, I'm hoping that's the case so that I don't have to buy a pair. :wink:

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #385 of 543
The Dunu Falcon-C have a review on the front page. From the way those are described, they seem to have a similar sound profile to the 3001. Could be a good, less expensive alternative to the (current) flagship Dunu.

Anyway, I'm hoping that's the case so that I don't have to buy a pair. :wink:

From that description, it sounds like Falcon-C has more of a V-shaped sound, which I'd find a sweet thing. Still waiting to get a Falcon-C myself

Jan 11, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #387 of 543
Re Falcon-C & DK-3001:

The DK-3001 has got a bit more fundamental warmth than the Falcon-C and a more textured bass (however at the cost of some tightness and speed compared to the Falcon, nonetheless control is just as great).
Sub-bass will ultimately depend on how much the vents are blocked - if they are, the Falcon-C has got a more pronounced sub-bass than the DK-3001.

The Falcon-C has got the flatter, more neutral midrange timbre whereas the DK-3001 has got clearly extended, bright upper mids.
At 6 kHz though, the Falcon-C is more forward.

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #389 of 543
Jan 23, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #390 of 543
Hi Bros,

Did you guys burn in your 3001 for sometime ? How long did you guys burn in ? Did any sound improvement make?

Thanks
GC

No burn in, just normal use. With my Onkyo DP-X1 I noticed that after around 2 weeks (with around 2 hours of use almost each day) was more "there". Not a huge difference though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back