Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Jul 19, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #61 of 543
Got my Dunu 3001 2 days back. From my limited time I have spent with them, I can say that SQ is awesome. Good Extension, texture and a wide soundstage for an iem. Treble emphasis is balanced without being sibilant or Harsh.
I have tried them with Stock tip and had no discomfort. However, ergonomics and shell design could have been better. I hate the cable. It gets tangled so easily.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #62 of 543
Got my Dunu 3001 2 days back. From my limited time I have spent with them, I can say that SQ is awesome. Good Extension, texture and a wide soundstage for an iem. Treble emphasis is balanced without being sibilant or Harsh.
I have tried them with Stock tip and had no discomfort. However, ergonomics and shell design could have been better. I hate the cable. It gets tangled so easily.

You can try to use the cable belt to avoid it getting tangled :darthsmile:

Jul 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #63 of 543
Checking in to see if your positive impressions
have changed?

Jul 22, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #64 of 543
Checking in to see if your positive impressions
have changed?
They are excellent. All that I wanted in TOTL IEM. I was very happy with my Sony EX1000, but they were misplaced during home shifting. So ended up with Dunu. However, they are not to be used in Noisy environments as the sound isolation is pretty bad. I am using red spinfit tips with them. What tips you recommend with them.

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #69 of 543
They are excellent. All that I wanted in TOTL IEM. I was very happy with my Sony EX1000, but they were misplaced during home shifting. So ended up with Dunu. However, they are not to be used in Noisy environments as the sound isolation is pretty bad. I am using red spinfit tips with them. What tips you recommend with them.
SpinFit are best I have found with these. Comfort is the main reason I say that. Symbio Mandarin, JVC Spiral Dots are some of the others I have tried.

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #70 of 543
SpinFit are best I have found with these. Comfort is the main reason I say that. Symbio Mandarin, JVC Spiral Dots are some of the others I have tried.
Same here, Spinfits give me the best comfort. I guess I should try adding spacers to use with other tips at some point.

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #72 of 543

I returned my EX1000 last week but am still looking around to find a cheap Andromeda. Well, not cheap, but I'm so happy with it that finding an offering costing considerably less and offering the near same has become a pet project. Don't see a reason why not to include a hybrid in this run.

Have the Titan 1 on the way, but that's a different league. Seem interesting tho, if they perform well, I'm definitely going to explore the rest of the Dunu lineup.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #74 of 543
I returned my EX1000 last week but am still looking around to find a cheap Andromeda. Well, not cheap, but I'm so happy with it that finding an offering costing considerably less and offering the near same has become a pet project. Don't see a reason why not to include a hybrid in this run.

Have the Titan 1 on the way, but that's a different league. Seem interesting tho, if they perform well, I'm definitely going to explore the rest of the Dunu lineup.

Titan 1 is an entry level IEM, I think it performs well, but you have to hear DK-3001 to understand the true performance of a TOTL Dunu IEM, there is a large difference :smile_phones:

^ Well Brooko called the DK-3001 a mid-centric Andromeda in his review and I can also vouch for their quality. I thinks it's worth at least auditioning the 3001.

They aren't mid shy :darthsmile:

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #75 of 543

Users who are viewing this thread

Back