1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA

Tags:
First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. Mrcojocaru

I definitely do! I think they've become my favorite iem. At first I didn't like the treble, but I realized that wasn't the issue. It was a slight lack of mids. I eqed the 500-1k region by about 2.5db and they became something else completely. They sound so damn good. They also seem to work really well with almost any genre, which is amazing too .

How are you doing with yours?

2. caspadan
    I've had mine for a week now and no complaints. The memory wire is a bit long which makes it annoying to roll up to put them away, but I'm not so petty over such things..but if I must complain :wink:

Now for the DK-4001.... Now that would be something.

3. Mrcojocaru
    I'm really confused about the dk4001. I can't find any decent reviews on it even though it's already released. The reviews that I do find seem to mix it up with a 3001 and don't know what to take from them.. they're also two years old and the drivers probably sound differently by now.

That memory woww if pretty long haha. Luckily I had a different cable ready so I could use them with my WM1A balanced output. What do you play them out of btw?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  4. Nezzad1
    Can someone compare these to LZ A4 red back/black front filters? I'm looking for something with similar bass quantity/quality and more clarity/resolution and detail. Basically, will they impress after coming from A4s? Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  5. Nezzad1
    Anyone? :)

6. Mrcojocaru
    I can't really compare the two, but I can say that I enjoy the bass a lot, and I'd consider myself somewhat of a basshead. It extends pretty deeply, which is awesome. What other options are you looking at?

After looking at the frequency response graphs, it seems like the a4 has sightly louder bass and better sub-bass extension. I think the 3001 has more mid-bass though, on the higher end .

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Nezzad1 likes this.
  7. tomscy2000
    There have only been Chinese language reviews of the DK-4001 because it hasn't been released internationally. According to DUNU, production yields are low and slow because the housings and Beryllium driver are difficult to make. I'm meeting with DUNU's CEO in a couple of days so I'll be asking about their general availability then. In the meantime, I believe I have the only press review unit intended for English language reviews at the time.

8. Nezzad1
    I was suggested these in the A4 thread, currently they are the only option that I'm looking at right now. I'd like to order something within next few days, but don't want to make a mistake.

The A4 has a VERY strong midbass, but the subbass extension isn't the best. Mids are a tiny bit recessed and the top end is smooth but lacks a bit of detail. Soundstage is pretty big and imaging is good too.

Basically I'm looking for a similar sound, but with better mids and more detail in the top end without sounding sibilant/harsh. An upgrade in that regard.

9. phthora
    The 3001 doesn't have hefty midbass, but instead fairly linear bass and deep extension with hard impact, a bit like a good planar. If you are the sort to worry about sibilance, you will probably find the 3001 sibilant. Mids are a touch recessed, especially compared to treble. In short, I doubt these are what you are looking for based on your description of the A4.

Soundstage (for an IEM), imaging, and detail are fantastic however. On par with the well-regarded Andromedas, if you ask me.

Nezzad1 likes this.
  10. Nezzad1
    Good extension with a nice impact is fine with me. The only thing I'm worried about is the sibilance/harshness. I own lz A5 and those things, while being very clear and detailed, are a pain to listen to in some songs. Thank you for your input!

11. crabdog
    I don't think it's accurate to say the DK-3001 is sibilant. I do think you could say it is fairly forward and energetic in the treble but it ain't sibilant.

12. phthora
    Maybe check out the TFZ King Pro. Seems to be exactly what you are looking for in terms of frequency response. Extremely well-tuned, IMO. You may miss a bit on driver speed and clarity in busy passages, but it's an excellent earphone overall.

I have to disagree, at least in part. My test for sibilance is "Supermassive Blackhole" by Muse, which brings out sibilance in a lot of 'phones. I'm testing them on that track now, and they are more sibilant than most of the stuff I own. Hissy S's abound, some sibilance on SH's too. I think someone with a stated concern about sibilance is going to think these are sibilant. Just like someone (for example) with a sensitivity to ~2k peaks is going to think things are more vocal forward than they are.

Nezzad1 likes this.
  13. Brooko Contributor
    Here's the freq graph for the two :)

lza4 vs dk3001.png

archdawg and Nezzad1 like this.
  14. Nezzad1
    Thanks!

It seems like the A4 with these filters has a better bass presentation. What are your thoughts on the quality of bass? Also the top end shouldn't be a problem, according to graphs.

15. Brooko Contributor
    Have to find both pairs - will do so once I finish editing the current review I'm in the middle of writing (HM100).

Nezzad1 likes this.
First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35 36
Next

Last