Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Dec 5, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #468 of 543
Got mine today. Fit isn't all bad so far. I can see that it might get uncomfortable after a while, so I might need to fiddle a bit, but nothing major at all. But obviously I need more time.

Sounds great of course, but I still love the sound of the 2002s. My ears need to adjust to these now.

But happy so far!

Ok, so testing after listening for close to an hour, fit doesn't seem to be an issue for me.
It's just a matter of getting used to the sound now. They sound good indeed, but very different to my DN-2002 and I see the Falcon-C really does hold up very well considering their price (really love those).

I've been using the DN-2002s for a long time and today I took out the DUNU upgrade cable since I knew the 3001's were arriving today, so I wanted to test different setups. But I tell you, I didn't think it was really a thing, but they just made my DN-2002's sound even sweeter. You really need to get used to a sound and then when you change things, you can notice small changes.
I'm sure the cable would do good to these too, but hard to tell on these at this point since I need a lot more time to listen to them.

I do notice a hiss on these, is that normal?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #469 of 543
Got mine today. Fit isn't all bad so far. I can see that it might get uncomfortable after a while, so I might need to fiddle a bit, but nothing major at all. But obviously I need more time.

Sounds great of course, but I still love the sound of the 2002s. My ears need to adjust to these now.

But happy so far!

Ok, so testing after listening for close to an hour, fit doesn't seem to be an issue for me.
It's just a matter of getting used to the sound now. They sound good indeed, but very different to my DN-2002 and I see the Falcon-C really does hold up very well considering their price (really love those).

I've been using the DN-2002s for a long time and today I took out the DUNU upgrade cable since I knew the 3001's were arriving today, so I wanted to test different setups. But I tell you, I didn't think it was really a thing, but they just made my DN-2002's sound even sweeter. You really need to get used to a sound and then when you change things, you can notice small changes.
I'm sure the cable would do good to these too, but hard to tell on these at this point since I need a lot more time to listen to them.

I do notice a hiss on these, is that normal?
That's interesting. What are the major differences that you've noticed been the dk3 and dn2? You've got me a little worried because it sounds like you enjoy the 2002 better lol.

When I get mine, I'll let you know if I hear a hiss. I actually have 2 on the way because i bought the first and then a couple days later there was a 15% off sale and eBay wouldn't let me apply the difference, so I'm gonna return one. How bad is it?

Dec 5, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #470 of 543
That's interesting. What are the major differences that you've noticed been the dk3 and dn2? You've got me a little worried because it sounds like you enjoy the 2002 better lol.

When I get mine, I'll let you know if I hear a hiss. I actually have 2 on the way because i bought the first and then a couple days later there was a 15% off sale and eBay wouldn't let me apply the difference, so I'm gonna return one. How bad is it?

The hiss is probably minor. But don't hear it on the Falcon or 2002.

I can't even tell you the differences properly. The sound is great, there is no doubt. They're just different. Maybe the 2002 hits harder, but I'm no expert. The 3001s did sound like there was more going on in the upper range on my first listen. I almost found them harsh, but with more listening, comes more smiling. I can't really say one is better than the other. But I love them both. And 3001 actually is a better fit (even though I've managed the 2002s quite fine). I think the 3001s probably do trump the 2002s but maybe because we're looking at price, but it's a matter of preference. I'll probably be using the 3001s a lot since they're new. My listening this evening was very pleasant.

You needn't worry. You'll love these!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #471 of 543
The hiss is probably minor. But don't hear it on the Falcon or 2002.

I can't even tell you the differences properly. The sound is great, there is no doubt. They're just different. Maybe the 2002 hits harder, but I'm no expert. The 3001s did sound like there was more going on in the upper range on my first listen. I almost found them harsh, but with more listening, comes more smiling. I can't really say one is better than the other. But I love them both. And 3001 actually is a better fit (even though I've managed the 2002s quite fine). I think the 3001s probably do trump the 2002s but maybe because we're looking at price, but it's a matter of preference. I'll probably be using the 3001s a lot since they're new. My listening this evening was very pleasant.

You needn't worry. You'll love these!

Awesome thanks! The 2002s do hit pretty hard :). I'm kind of glad to hear that they have more going on up top. I always DQ a little bit of treble into my 2002s.. as well as sub bass, cause I'm an basshead caveman lol. The only cans I've heard to outmatch the bass are my Eikons.

My dk3001 is processing through USPS in LA and I'm just dying! Checking tracking 5 times a day lol.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #472 of 543
Awesome thanks! The 2002s do hit pretty hard :). I'm kind of glad to hear that they have more going on up top. I always DQ a little bit of treble into my 2002s.. as well as sub bass, cause I'm an basshead caveman lol. The only cans I've heard to outmatch the bass are my Eikons.

My dk3001 is processing through USPS in LA and I'm just dying! Checking tracking 5 times a day lol.

I was checking the tracking every hour.
I got mine for $349 from Dunuusa.com . Purchased them on 26 Nov, they arrived at my NY address on 1 Dec. Then they were couriered to South Africa and delivered to me on 5 Dec. Not bad at all!

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #473 of 543
I was checking the tracking every hour.
I got mine for $349 from Dunuusa.com . Purchased them on 26 Nov, they arrived at my NY address on 1 Dec. Then they were couriered to South Africa and delivered to me on 5 Dec. Not bad at all!
Haha alright I don't feel do crazy. Damn that's really fast! I ordered mine on the 21st from Japan. Still not here!

Dec 6, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #474 of 543
Hmmm, left earpiece for some reason sounds very piercing. I hope it's not my bad luck.

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #477 of 543
Oh boy. Any updates?
There is a frequency that seems to be killing me. Don't get it on my other earphones. But I think this is actually my ears / hearing. It's like a ringing on that frequency if that makes any sense. But I don't think there's anything wrong with these.
I'm trying with different tips.
Only seems to be the left ear. I'm hoping it is my ear though. But still strange.

Don't stress.
And I need you to get yours already! :wink:

Update: so with more and more listening, either my ear is coming right, or I'm adjusting. Very hard to tell. Going to give it more time. Hope it will all be good, because the fit is absolutely flawless for my ears. And I was looking for a good iem with easy cable replacement - the only thing that prevented me from settling at the 2002s.

I can't wait for yours to arrive now! Us two both a little late to the party :)

IMG_20181208_103735146.jpg
With the DUNU GZ-OCC2701. I put the earguides on to "train" the cable for the 2002s, coz I think it does lose its suppleness and you can't rotate cable into correct position on those iems. Actually very comfy on the 3001s, even with the guides.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #478 of 543
@Mrcojocaru I'm assuming you're still waiting...
I am becoming impatient now :)

My current standing on these - I love them. They fit perfectly, they sound awesome, they are also very well-built and strong!

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #479 of 543
@Mrcojocaru I'm assuming you're still waiting...
I am becoming impatient now :)

My current standing on these - I love them. They fit perfectly, they sound awesome, they are also very well-built and strong!

Sorry to keep you waiting. JUST GOT THEM AND THEY'RE IN MY EAR RIGHT NOW! lol. Man you were not kidding.. They are VERY different from the dn2002. Kinda freaked me out at first. Also, definitely a lot more thing on up top, like you said. I don't now how people can say that these are mid centric. must have never heard an hd650 LOL. They seem to be at LEAST a mild v-shape. Gonna have to find the right ear tips to the treble down a notch. They are gonna take some getting used to though.

Comfort is great (for me. I have gigantic ears and use the large ear tips). And damn.. That sub-bass! I can feel it tumbling my ears instead of just heading it.

Edit: I tried them with the large spin-fits and instantly like the sound better, which it weird because I didn't like the 2002 with the same tips.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #480 of 543
@Mrcojocaru
So after some time, have you come to appreciate them? I think they're awesome. Hopefully my last iem purchase - until they pack in.

I'm now using only these and the Falcon-C - which I think is a great little single driver. Not on this level but I love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back