1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA

Tags:
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. phthora
    Anyone hearing anything about the DK-4001?

2. crabdog
    Nada :frowning2:

3. subguy812
    I know there was a slight delay in their latest flagship...I think until March...please dont quote me on that

4. terrygcsi
    Hi Bros,

Did you guys burn in your 3001 for sometime ? How long did you guys burn in ? Did any sound improvement make?

Thanks
    GC

5. Brooko Contributor
    They don't need burn in. Just use them.

subguy812 likes this.
  6. subguy812
    This...

7. Dobrescu George
    Not really, I think that most difference would be at bass levels if there are any, but I haven't noticed DK-3001's sound changing over time.

I remember DK-3001 sounding quite awesome from the start, and staying quite awesome throughout my experience :darthsmile:

8. terrygcsi
    yes, especially with the right and good tips. I used to just use a regular tips and not know how much difference they can make. but now I love the sounds and its awesome.

9. cfc7
    I had the opportunity of a brief audition for DK-3001, thanks to @Dobrescu George and I've got an idea why these are so praised for the sound.
    However, I found the lower/mid treble being a little too much for me, tending to EQ (down) those frequencies.
    The source was a Sony ZX2 and various tips were used.
    Does anybody else felt the same, or should I think I am too sensitive to that region?

Dobrescu George likes this.
  10. HiFiChris Contributor
    Nope, you're not alone. Noted that in my (German) review as well. Midrange timbre is definitely on the brighter, leaner side, which is done to have a greater focus on air and female vocals (and something that you find rather often (but not always) in hybrid Asian in-ears). Imo they could and should have gone for a more neutral, flatter midrange timbre and slightly lesser middle treble bump, which are the two things that I see as the DK-3001's only imperfections, however there isn't really any added sharpness or peakiness despite the increased brightness.

11. Brooko Contributor
    Different strokes, different folks I guess. If I could get the DK-3001 tuning in an ergonomic shell, it would be pretty close to end game for me personally.

PinkyPowers and subguy812 like this.
  12. subguy812
    I agree...to my ears it was difficult to find sound flaws

13. phthora
    I agree, although a longer nozzle wouldn't be unwelcome either. If the DK-4001 does have a beryllium DD (I can't remember if that was speculation or official spec), that should mean even more controlled and impactful bass. And, hopefully, the additional BA helps lift the mids just a touch. Then, they absolutely would be end game for me.

14. PinkyPowers
    A longer nozzle falls under ergonomics. And most will agree, there's a lot they could do to make these fit nicer.

15. cfc7
    Thanks!
    Any idea if this will be the case for 4001?

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last