Duet with foobar by Parallels
Jul 4, 2008 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stocklaz

Head-Fier
I am not sure if this is a old news, however I just find out this method this morning.

It may due to the whole Parallels desktop is using core audio, so all the sound going out from this will directly transport to duet.

I did not compare which sound better between iTunes in OSX or Foobar inside parallels environment.

PS: I also find a bug that, if you first launched Parallels and connect duet, the connection may not be success. So what I did is connect duet first and then launch parallels.

Jul 4, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 4
There will always be conflict between the Mac OS and the Windows OS using the same hardware. Same can be said for the USB ports, CD ROM drive etc. I use VMWare Fusion at work, and you can directly turn different parts on/off for the virtual machine. Look into your configuration sections. Most likely Parallels is making a virtual sound card connection between the Windows software and the Mac machine/BIOS sound system.

I don't see any way that the PC software would run cleaner than Mac software on the Mac device. Although I have been wrong (a lot) before.

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Everythings inside Parallels can be tranfered to duet digital output, even playing a game.

So iTunes in Windows is not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back