crossbone

Head-Fier
So, to "enlighten" me i need your help again
wink.gif

The Budget:
170€

What i want:
-best SQ
-enough Power to drive my AKG K 518 DJ even at higher volume levels (is there much needed? *shrug*)
-as much flash memory as possible
-long lasting battery

The contestants so far:
-Samsung YP-Z5F (4GB for 162€)
-iAudio U3 (2GB for 166€)
-any other you would prefer

Greetings
cross

Dec 4, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 8
How about Creative Zen V Plus?
You can get 4GB version for 124 Pounds here.

Or a Meizu m6? This seems to be their official eBay shop..

Dec 4, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 8
How about iRiver Clix?!
[German]
OK, kannste leider nich bei "uns" kaufen ... aber über misticriver.net kannst du ihn ohne Probleme beziehen. - Ich zumindest werde versuchen, mir einen zu besorgen...
[/German]
Here are some reviews...
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...lix-review.php
http://www.dapreview.net/e107_plugin...hp?content.283

The only annoying thing - MTP instead of UMS ... well and no OGG-tags.
Firmware... *pray*

good night and good luck.
jpk

Uh, just recognized - first post (lurking around here for about one year, I think). 'Hello' to all of you out there...

Dec 4, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 8
Well the Zen V Plus is no option, because i can't stand it's design and plastic look.
The clix looks more like a pmp to me, than a real dedicated mp3 player...

One other thing that already failed is the SanDisk Sansa e200 series, because i could test one and i just couldn't stand the background noise of this player at lower volumes.

So i just decided to probably give those mini hard disc players another chance which would lead to even more options like:
-iAudio 6 (it's above my budget, but probably worth it?)
-Trekstor Vibez (same)

Hm, doesn't make things easier actually
wink.gif

cross

i even thought of waiting for the iAudio D1 (iAudio 6 with flash memory) but month could pass till it's available here in germany

Dec 4, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Well, I don't know about Trekstor, but I do own an iaudio6.

It is a marvellous player and all, having native FLAC support, an USB-Host, massive (and clean) 30mW of power per channel and 20 hrs battery life. But there is one small issue about it.

It's slow.

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #6 of 8
Yep, the speed is the main thing i hope iAudio can improve with the D1, because Flash Memory should have faster access times than a hard disk.

ah, as you own the i6, i have one question, does this baby support album arts in any way?

cross

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 8
Nope.
You can set your own wallpaper (which makes it even slower), but I can't see any signs of AlbumArt support..

To be honest, if I were you, I'd choose either Samsung, or an iPod nano with Rockbox.
I just had the same problem recently (which I have solved via iaudio6), and I guess there are no much better options out there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back