1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dubstep Headphones!?!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by basshead2015, Nov 17, 2012.
  1. basshead2015
    Hey, I am looking for new headphones and I listen to a lot of... that's right dubstep. Now I have some able planet head phones (most probably don't even know what able planet is) but they just aren't satisfying for bass. Now I've looked a dozens of headphones all with good reviews but nothing stands out. So up till now I've heard mostly good things about the v-moda crossfade lp, but I'm not sold. So if you have some recommendations please share.
    so in a nut shell I am looking for:
    -Bass heavy
    -Over ear (but on ear are fine too)
    -$200
    -clear sounds

2. PastaChief
    V-Moda Crossfade LP2. I listen to mainly DnB with them, so a similar feel to dubstep. Sound is good, bass hits hard when it needs to.

3. MalVeauX
    Quote:

Heya,

Ultrasone HFI 580
    Ultrasone PRO 750
    Shure SRH750 DJ
    Sony MDRZX700
    Sony XB700
    M-Audio Q40
    Beyer DT770 PRO
    Beyer Custom One's
    AudioTechnica A900X
    AudioTechnica PRO700MKII

Very best,

4. h4mm3r 0f th0r
    reserve 50$ for a portable amp like a fiio e11.... and then consider the headphones in the post above

5. machoboy
    Some of those could use an amp some don't really need it. My HFI 580s for example sounded so, well, "ultra" from any source, that I would struggle to notice subtle source-to-source differences. I haven't tried the Custom Ones but if I recall they were designed specifically for very low output devices with ohms of 16 or so...

6. h4mm3r 0f th0r
    amp is useful to increase the bass impact even though the headphone do not need it... and for dubstep, it ain't fun without impact...

7. MalVeauX
    Heya,

A Fiio E6 can be used to add +3 db of hard bass boost if something is not enough. $20.

Very best,

8. basshead2015
    Ok I am unfamiliar with headphone amps so what are some good ones and what do they do?

9. zech
    Amplify the current from your phone/pc. Go look at an amp forum on here.

10. Strauss95
    JVC-SZ1000, paired with a Fiio E11 amp will be within your budget and will have tremendous bass. Go take a look at the basshead thread on here, tons of great information in there!

zech likes this.