DUAL ENTRY PLUGS ALA SENN-FOR DENON RECABLE
Jul 8, 2008 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8
So here is my plan. I want to re-cable my Denons but I wanna use plug type as the Senn HD650. I see Cardas sells I guess the Male plug part but where can you buy the Female parts to make the connection? I wanna set up my Denons this way for easy cable swaps. They don't have to be Senns anything will do but i prefer they be well made and of good quality. I also prefer plug type instead of mini style. Any help?, taking Recommends
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 8
I dont think it will be easy to source that part if even possible..

I suggest using Lemo style plugs maybe a mini-coax or 2contact B style like those used on the Qualia , even better S style 2 contact with hermaphrodite keying
They are far from cheap but if you keep your eyes open you can sometimes find deals on them. Fischer Connectors should make something similar aswell i think

Jul 9, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 8
its not really a jack inside the sennheisers, its more of a plate with two contacts on it, probably not a part you will be able to find anywhere.

Jul 9, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #5 of 8
It only took 5+ years to get the plugs made, I'm sure we can get the sockets in no time. :p

Seriously, there's essentially no chance of this short of making your own which in my opinion futile to a degree that defies description.

Jul 9, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #6 of 8
agreed, the socket is molded into the headphone on the senn's

im not 100% sure that a connector will even fit, the space to work in is TIGHT. you may have to cut lots of stuff apart.

Jul 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for the info everyone. Yeah I was reading that LONG post about the Cardas plugs. That's A damn shame that it took that long just to come up with those plugs. I guess everyone would have been better off using computer connectors. LOL
http://www.action-electronics.com/molex.htm
These would work in the same way, almost. A little ugly tho.

I guess I'm gonna go old school and use these or something close.
Search Results Page

They make better quality gold ones and smaller as well. Not quite the same as the Senn design but my plan is to leave about 4 or 5 inches as leads off the drivers solder up the best quality gold ones I can find then run my cable into the cup Driver area then solder up the cable leads once inside the cups. then conncect inside the cups. Not really quick release but if you ever wanna change you just take the cup off and unplug then change out the cable. Somewhat of a pain but seems alot better then soldering over and over if you wanna change cables. Plus Denons can't take soldering over and over. The contacts on the Denons are Very small plates that are just set in the plastic driver molds and will come off if heated too much. I know I blew out my first D1000s that way. Once that small plate lifts it's over for those cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 8
I dont realy think that|s a good choice though! These definetelz qualifz as probablz sound degrading insecure connection in mz ezes..
Although thez are used in alot of places i wouldn|t pass an audio signal trough them

If the Lemo plugs are too steep in zour ezes , there|s a Redel equivalent aswell these should be even cheaper *plug and receptable( than the Cardas plugs

EDIT> wow mz kezboard setup is messed up
onlz in firefox >S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back