Dual bore universal IEM's
Nov 19, 2006 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Veggie_Musician

500+ Head-Fier
Having read reports that dual bore IEMs sound better than single bore IEM's - why cant companys just make Dual bore universal IEM's??

This is compleatly possible if you use the wider Sony EX71 type buds - theres enough space for two bore's and the Sony EX tips always sound better on my UM2's.

Cmon Shure and Westone... you can do it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 7
the sound is supposidly better because it allows the two different frequencies to mix in the ear canal, rather than inside the iem.
(dammit, im thinking about getting some es2 or ue5 now)

Nov 19, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 7
what keeps the sound from the high driver from bouncing off of some part of your ear, traveling UP the low frequency port, and then bouncing off of the low frequency driver?

just curious.

Nov 19, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what keeps the sound from the high driver from bouncing off of some part of your ear, traveling UP the low frequency port, and then bouncing off of the low frequency driver?

just curious.

are you suggesting we should acoustically dampen the inside of our ear canals?

interesting......

Nov 19, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 7
I thought that dual bores allow manufacturers to use different acustic filters for low and high drivers separately, and thus helps them to tune the frequency response. Although I don't even know if every model has these filters, but this is just something I remember reading from some post here.

May 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 7
Just for those looking at that thread many years latter... There are multi bore universal IEM since a long time.  The UE Triple.FI 10 is one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back