Dual 1218 Turntable No Sound
Jul 7, 2008 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

H_Beginnner

New Head-Fier
I have a Dual 1218 turntable. The turntable seems to operate fine. However, no sound from the speaker. I hookup the RCA cable to a TV tuner card. I seens many forum talking about the mutingswitch. However, i have no idea what i am suppose todo withit. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. thank you.

Jul 7, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 4

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
I just looked your turntable up. It doesn't have a built-in phono preamp, so you need to hook it to one of those. If you don't have a phono preamp or a receiver with one, you will need to buy one.

You can either find an old reciever with a built-in phono section (it will have a phono switch on it) or you can get one for about $35 here:

Garage 'A Records: Phonograph Cartridges and Needles, Record and Vinyl Accessories, Turntable Parts and Accessories and More!

Once you have a phono preamp, hook the turntable to the phono preamp. Then hook the phono preamp to an input on your amp. I'm not sure why you connected to a TV tuner card (maybe there's something I don't know) but it should work fine connected to an ordinary input.

Let us know if you need any more help getting your turntable working.

Users who are viewing this thread