DT990 Pro (250 Ohm) - Laptop Gaming?
Apr 25, 2015 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cheeky92

New Head-Fier
Hello folks,

I'm looking at buying myself a set of DT990 pro's (250 Ohm) for both gaming and music purposes but have a few issues I'd like some advice on before I go ahead. I'd really appreciate any help on the matter :)

Firstly, I don't have enough room for a desktop where I'm living right now so have to use my laptop for gaming. One issue I have is that I need headphones that provide good positional sounds (5.1/7.1) and my onboard sound card really isn't the best for this.

I'm aware that I can purchase external sound cards to solve this but from the reading I've done on here it seems like I will be massively losing out on sound quality by going down this route. Could somebody possibly suggest the best external sound card that provides surround sound with fairly decent quality (and that can drive the DT990's) for, ideally, less than £100.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one of these external sound cards solely for gaming, for music and everything else I am (at a later date) considering buying a FiiO E07k.

TLDR: What is the best external sound card I can purchase that provides surround sound and fairly decent SQ for a set of DT990's? My budget is ~£100.

Thanks guys :) I really appreciate it!

Apr 25, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 3
After a lot of reading I've found a combination of things that I think might work...

DT990 Pro
Asus Xonar U7
FiiO E11k

What do you guys think with regards to proving both surround sound in games and quality music too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back